Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I have trouble imagining a #17 rookie OT dominating Max Crosby. We are not likely to draft a Slater clone there. We did a lousy job as a team vs Crosby Jan 9. Where was Crosby Oct 14?
    This is not an argument against an OT at 17 if he's an actual best player available. With or without a R OT, we have to do a better job providing help vs a top edge that's on fire.
    Kenyon Green would hold up...watch his tape...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

No team is without its flaws. We just saw the Rams win the Super Bowl even though they can’t run the ball for shit and had an O-line that was ok but definitely not great. The more I look at it, the more I think that we have to accept that we’re not going to upgrade our team at all the positions of need which include: RT, DT, edge, linebacker, and CB. Throw in WR if Mike Williams leaves. So then it’s a question of what do we stand pat on. I am very conflicted at the idea of wanting to secure RT with another stud in the first and giving Herbert bookend protection vs thinking we should use most of our free agency money and draft capital to upgrade a defense that held us back this past year.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

We want to be a line of scrimmage team.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          No team is without its flaws. We just saw the Rams win the Super Bowl even though they can’t run the ball for shit and had an O-line that was ok but definitely not great. The more I look at it, the more I think that we have to accept that we’re not going to upgrade our team at all the positions of need which include: RT, DT, edge, linebacker, and CB. Throw in WR if Mike Williams leaves. So then it’s a question of what do we stand pat on. I am very conflicted at the idea of wanting to secure RT with another stud in the first and giving Herbert bookend protection vs thinking we should use most of our free agency money and draft capital to upgrade a defense that held us back this past year.
          Think Chargers can address RT day 3. Draft traits, then coach up. Storm would begin season your starting RT. Think he will improve enough over last season until the rookie is ready. There are several good prospects, to consider like Tulsa LT Tyler Smith. Very stout, nasty, diamond in the rough. Fix defense day one and day two, with free agency should show vast improvement.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            McShay's latest mock draft has us trading trading with the Steelers (rumblings are they want Malik Willis) and then taking Jordan Davis at 20. The Jordan Davis part of it aside, thoughts on trading back with the Steelers generally? If the the Steelers pick a QB at #17, I don't think moving back to #20 will matter much for us given that its the Saints at #18 (I suspect they want a QB or WR) and then the Eagles with their third pick of the first round at #19 (they don't need Jordan Davis or a RT, but someone like Ojabo, Dean or McDuffie if he somehow lasts that long could go there).
            I don’t think TT would trade down enough spots to chance losing all of “his” guys.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Kenyon Green would hold up...watch his tape...
              Great player. Next level best fit is OG. Very stout frame, not sure about arm length but frame smaller than ideal for a RT. Great athletic ability, feet really good well as anchor. If they did go that direction would move him next to Slater and kick Fieler to RT.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

PON starters? Hard to say without knowing how we handle resigning our own. I have one - DT.
                Regards RT, they need to give Pipkins a shot. Draft a #2.
                If they don't know the PON starters after free agency and before draft day then we are in serious trouble. If we hit the lottery in free agency and all of our PONs are filled, then we would have the luxury of picking BPAs in the draft. Can't really see this happening. As it stands now I see our PONs at DT, CB, Edge & RT, in that order.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I have trouble imagining a #17 rookie OT dominating Max Crosby. We are not likely to draft a Slater clone there. We did a lousy job as a team vs Crosby Jan 9. Where was Crosby Oct 14?
                  This is not an argument against an OT at 17 if he's an actual best player available. With or without a R OT, we have to do a better job providing help vs a top edge that's on fire.
                  I can imagine Penning beating on Crosby all game long and making it a long hard day for him. Yes, Crosby will probably get to Herbert, but he’s gonna pay for it.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    I suspect TT is happier with Storm at RT than we are. Hence no upgrade is needed.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

If they don't know the PON starters after free agency and before draft day then we are in serious trouble. If we hit the lottery in free agency and all of our PONs are filled, then we would have the luxury of picking BPAs in the draft. Can't really see this happening. As it stands now I see our PONs at DT, CB, Edge & RT, in that order.
                      I agree with you on our PONs, but maybe swap Edge and RT since Edge was better this year. However, positional value adjusted PONs are more like EDGE, RT, corner, DT. Corners are lower than RT because we use less valuable zone corners, not man on man corners.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

I think RT is the biggest PON as it will have the biggest multiplier effect on the rest of the OL and offense but I have concerns with both Penning and Raimann.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Analysis: "Karlaftis will get tagged as just a lunchpail type with a high motor in a lot of lazy analysis this draft season, but he's so much more than that. The 6-foot-4, 275-pounder was extremely productive for Purdue this season and should surprise with his athletic testing at the combine. Karlaftis, another Feldman Freaks List member, reportedly recorded a 10-foot-1 broad jump, 37.5-inch vertical and 4.69-second 40-yard dash at just over 270 pounds this offseason. Boilermakers head coach Jeff Brohm also raved about Karlaftis' efforts on and off the field in a Tailgate interview before the season."

Analysis:
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X