• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

It is a judgement call case by case.
    Slater should be no surprise, due to technique and refinement.

Then there is Bahktiari...short...light...unusually long arms.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-02-2022, 11:35 AM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Penning has some stiffness and opens his hip way too easily against lesser competition. Hear he's working with Manyweather this offseason, may get that sorted.

Lot's of RT prospects but none are perfect. Could grab a good one in R3 to compete with Pipkins.
      After the way Slater played this year, I would think that many tackle prospects would be knocking down Duke Mayweather’s door ti train with him.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Regarding right tackle, the questions for the draft will be as follows:
        1. Who do we resign and sign in free agency?
        2. How will the draft shake out with regards to tackles? I absolutely believe a very solid RT will be available at 17. If we grab one and give Herbert his bookend tackles for the next decade, I will be quite happy. I know we’ve got needs on defense and would love to add a speedster like Jameson Williams, but the security of Herbert should always be our number one priority.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Ebiketie creeping into round 1.
            Sophisticated pass rush moves.
            Run game deficiencies.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
              Regarding right tackle, the questions for the draft will be as follows:
              1. Who do we resign and sign in free agency?
              2. How will the draft shake out with regards to tackles? I absolutely believe a very solid RT will be available at 17. If we grab one and give Herbert his bookend tackles for the next decade, I will be quite happy. I know we’ve got needs on defense and would love to add a speedster like Jameson Williams, but the security of Herbert should always be our number one priority.
              Basically, I agree with you, but, there is another way to look at it. Even with back-ups on the right side of our OL our offense ranked fourth in the NFL. Meanwhile, our defense was among the worst in the league. Maybe resigning Aboushi for RG will be enough of a fix for the OL? Both Norton and Pipkins improved this year.

I know many will read that last line and point out the trouble Norton had blocking Crosby but take a look at the highlight video of Herbert on those two fourth quarter drives and watch Norton; he does a fine job of keeping Herbert clean on those very important fourth down plays. Maybe all the high draft picks should be spent on the holes in our defense this year? Another year of being the fourth best in the league wouldn't be too bad.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Looks like a Chargers wish list.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Basically, I agree with you, but, there is another way to look at it. Even with back-ups on the right side of our OL our offense ranked fourth in the NFL. Meanwhile, our defense was among the worst in the league. Maybe resigning Aboushi for RG will be enough of a fix for the OL? Both Norton and Pipkins improved this year.

I know many will read that last line and point out the trouble Norton had blocking Crosby but take a look at the highlight video of Herbert on those two fourth quarter drives and watch Norton; he does a fine job of keeping Herbert clean on those very important fourth down plays. Maybe all the high draft picks should be spent on the holes in our defense this year? Another year of being the fourth best in the league wouldn't be too bad.
                  Do you want to own a Ferrari or put in a speed bump to slow down somebody else’s Ferrari?
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Looks like a Chargers wish list.
                    Brugler's last mock had us taking Penning in the 1st Round and then Phidarian Mathis in the 2nd Round, that would be pretty ideal IMO. That said, Penning's struggles to handle inside moves leads me to think the team may be well served spending a little more on a RG than just re-signing Aboushi.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      key word - entering

DeVonte Wyatt sure looks like he's separating himself from the pack and deserving of first round consideration much more so than Logan Hall.

Zion Johnson plug and play OG for legit contender.

Jermaine Johnson riser into first round consideration as well

personally, a bit disappointed with both Penning and Raimann. both elite talents but will need a lot of polishing.

favorite so far, Darian Kinnard, most ready plug and play RT for Chargers scheme in the draft and nasty.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Brugler's last mock had us taking Penning in the 1st Round and then Phidarian Mathis in the 2nd Round, that would be pretty ideal IMO. That said, Penning's struggles to handle inside moves leads me to think the team may be well served spending a little more on a RG than just re-signing Aboushi.
                        My only problem with Mathis is he only flourished this last college season which could mean to me that he will take a while to develope in the NFL. And it does take some DTs some time to develope which is why is rather sign a couple younger guys there if we can.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’m kinda pissed that Ahmad Gardner appears to have jumped up to the #1 CB in the draft. I had hopes the Bolts would get him.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X