• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He won’t be 235# in the NFL.
    AA’s explosion, bend, hand strike shock/placement/technique are elite.
    He plays the run with hard outside leverage and uses his tremendous length to stack/shed/disengage and makes plays.

If this accusation is valid he will never see the draft.
    Entirely depends on scheme.

Anderson’s listed as 229, and there are plenty of OLBs in a 4-3 who are that size. Edges in a 3-4 need to be bigger. And in a defense ranked 32nd in stopping the run, we need guys that can hold the edge when 300 lb guys are coming their way.

Not saying Anderson can’t bulk up. He most likely will no matter the scheme. But I want someone in the mold of Karlaftis. Someone to dominate the edge and relieve Bosa from double teams.

Unless a miracle happens, Karlaftis won’t be there, but someone with a larger frame than Anderson will.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

personal suspicion is that we're going RT round one.... @this point in time, would hope that is Falafel if that turns out to be the case.

RT (Bulaga)
      2 CBs (Chris Harris, Ryan Smith)
      WR (Guyton)
      RB (Justin Jackson)
      2 DTs (Tillery, Gaziano)
      NT (Feheko/Forrest)
      LB (Murray)
      K (Hopkins)
      P (Long)

if we draft a CB round two, hopin' Josh Jobe is still on the board.
      day three eye want Palaie Gaotete @LB

my suspicion re: FA is that we will sign a wideout, DT and safety this offseason in FA.

and if you're reading between the lines, that means (eye suspect that) we do not draft a QB, TE, IOL or ED.

and most def not my choice, as I have must draft for the likes of Zion Johnson and Cade Otton, along w/Gaotete.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        personal suspicion is that we're going RT round one.... @this point in time, would hope that is Falafel if that turns out to be the case.

RT (Bulaga)
        2 CBs (Chris Harris, Ryan Smith)
        WR (Guyton)
        RB (Justin Jackson)
        2 DTs (Tillery, Gaziano)
        NT (Feheko/Forrest)
        LB (Murray)
        K (Hopkins)
        P (Long)

if we draft a CB round two, hopin' Josh Jobe is still on the board.
        day three eye want Palaie Gaotete @LB

my suspicion re: FA is that we will sign a wideout, DT and safety this offseason in FA.

and if you're reading between the lines, that means (eye suspect that) we do not draft a QB, TE, IOL or ED.

and most def not my choice, as I have must draft for the likes of Zion Johnson and Cade Otton, along w/Gaotete.
        Josh Jobe probably has more PI penalties on balls thrown his way than any other draftable CB. I like his tackling ability, but he’s way too grabby and his ball awareness is horrendous. That doesn’t concern you?

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Anderson’s listed as 229, and there are plenty of OLBs in a 4-3 who are that size. Edges in a 3-4 need to be bigger. And in a defense ranked 32nd in stopping the run, we need guys that can hold the edge when 300 lb guys are coming their way.

Not saying Anderson can’t bulk up. He most likely will no matter the scheme. But I want someone in the mold of Karlaftis. Someone to dominate the edge and relieve Bosa from double teams.

Unless a miracle happens, Karlaftis won’t be there, but someone with a larger frame than Anderson will.
          IMO, Karlatfis is a 4-3 DE. I haven't seen him drop into coverage much at all. Adam Anderson is 6'5" and has the frame to carry 245-250 and not lose his speed/bend. He reminds me of a combination of Leonard Floyd and Azeez Ojulari (also UGA OLB's).

If there is anything to these rape allegations, he'll be off most teams boards. He'll probably end up a Cowboy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Won't matter if he is 260 if he is convicted of rape. Even if he gets off easy, if he did it, the Chargers won't be interested.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Josh Jobe probably has more PI penalties on balls thrown his way than any other draftable CB. I like his tackling ability, but he’s way too grabby and his ball awareness is horrendous. That doesn’t concern you?
              yes
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yes
                I think there’ll be better CBs to choose from in R2.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Karlatfis is a 4-3 DE. I haven't seen him drop into coverage much at all. Adam Anderson is 6'5" and has the frame to carry 245-250 and not lose his speed/bend. He reminds me of a combination of Leonard Floyd and Azeez Ojulari (also UGA OLB's).

If there is anything to these rape allegations, he'll be off most teams boards. He'll probably end up a Cowboy.
                  True. That’s probably his fit best. Though I think he’s athletic enough to pull it off in a 3-4, and I really haven’t seen Staley send either edge into coverage as much as I thought he would.

It’s a good conversation, but the truth of the matter is that neither player will be a Charger next year. Karlaftis is a top-12 pick and Anderson has (alleged) off-field baggage.

I wish there was an edge player I liked in the bottom of R1. I thought ZTF might be that guy, but he hasn’t proven full strength coming back from the achilles and he should probably stay at UW another year anyway.

But there will definitely be OTs, OGs, DTs (maybe), and CBs. Gotta get value.

How do you like Jordan Davis?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Accurate assessment.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

True. That’s probably his fit best. Though I think he’s athletic enough to pull it off in a 3-4, and I really haven’t seen Staley send either edge into coverage as much as I thought he would.

It’s a good conversation, but the truth of the matter is that neither player will be a Charger next year. Karlaftis is a top-12 pick and Anderson has (alleged) off-field baggage.

I wish there was an edge player I liked in the bottom of R1. I thought ZTF might be that guy, but he hasn’t proven full strength coming back from the achilles and he should probably stay at UW another year anyway.

But there will definitely be OTs, OGs, DTs (maybe), and CBs. Gotta get value.

How do you like Jordan Davis?
                      Ha! What's not to love about Jordan Davis...? I love that whole Georgia defense.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the voice of Verne Lundquist, who used to call SEC games on CBS - he would be saying "OH! My Goodness" a lot during Bulldog games

That dude seems like he should be higher than 20th. But I am no draftnik. But he is big and mobile.
                        I thought the same thing. I would take him there 100 out of 100 times.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I think there’ll be better CBs to choose from in R2.
                          he's still my CB of choice.... physical, special teams, tackles well/not afraid as a DB, has decent speed for boundary corner, good No. 2 that complements the rest of our CB corps.... best of all are his intangibles, as like what he brings not just to the DB room, but to the team and defense on the whole.... he's going to be a starting CB in the NFL... (his advanced stats are good too, having played opposite Surtain and getting thrown at).

Comment

Working...
                          X