• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

You’d think a team would have more success with recent generally solid 1st round picks like this.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      You’d think a team would have more success with recent generally solid 1st round picks like this.

Shows how important a franchise QB is.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Ha! What's not to love about Jordan Davis...? I love that whole Georgia defense.
        Yeah. Davis would look nice in powder blue. DT1 in my book, over Leal. Which is crazy because I’m not even sure Davis the best DT on his own team. That could very well be Jalen Carter, who’s not eligible till ‘23.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Yeah. Davis would look nice in powder blue. DT1 in my book, over Leal. Which is crazy because I’m not even sure Davis the best DT on his own team. That could very well be Jalen Carter, who’s not eligible till ‘23.
          Leal is a DE not a DT. He plays on the edge about 75% of his reps.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Leal is a DE not a DT. He plays on the edge about 75% of his reps.
            Correct.

Probably shouldn’t label him as either DT or DE, just DL.

Depending on scheme, he could play either position in the NFL, as well.

My focus is usually on the Chargers, so he would be a down lineman in Staley’s front.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Correct.

Probably shouldn’t label him as either DT or DE, just DL.

Depending on scheme, he could play either position in the NFL, as well.

My focus is usually on the Chargers, so he would be a down lineman in Staley’s front.
              I think a 4T/5T is his best NFL position.
              I haven’t done any work on his 2021 tape yet.
              TAMU’s entire front 4/5 are draftable prospects and add multiple DB, multiple offensive playmakers, and 1 big time OL prospect.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I would too. I just have a hard time picking a NT in the 1st round.
                Do you think TT/Staley might go after Sebastian Joseph-Day in free agency?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would too. I just have a hard time picking a NT in the 1st round.
                  Do you think TT/Staley might go after Sebastian Joseph-Day in free agency?
                  I think that would make sense. I see TT targeting DT, CB, and G in FA.

But not drafting Davis if he falls to us would be a mistake. He’s too rare a player.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Micah McFadden is a stud. Dont even see him ranked on a bunch of guys top 150. I think he could end up flying up boards. Just watch the way he plays. Mid round guy at this point but i think hes comfortably in the 3rd at this point. The motor and want to is off the charts. High IQ dude. Probably wont time fast. Just a baller.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

CB just moved up the list of needs. Not that you can't ever have too many but I worry about Samuel staying healthy with his small frame. This Eagles game showed we might have a need at 3rd CB and that Ryan Smith is a overrated DB that this coaching staff hyped up all year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
                        Micah McFadden is a stud. Dont even see him ranked on a bunch of guys top 150. I think he could end up flying up boards. Just watch the way he plays. Mid round guy at this point but i think hes comfortably in the 3rd at this point. The motor and want to is off the charts. High IQ dude. Probably wont time fast. Just a baller.
                        McFadden has just skyrocketed to the edge of Top 100 per The Draft Network. Good scout's eye. Round three.LB depth with Kyzir, Tranq, Niemann. K-9 to EDGE.

Another prospect I like for us is Georgia Bulldog EDGE Travon Walker. He has desired length and explosion.

Furthermore, this guy carries his 6'5" 275# frame. I see someone who can even add 5-10# and kick inside on passing downs. Round 2.

There is versatility in roles. EDGE. 5Tech. 3Tech. Exactly what we need. Then get a Fattie 1Tech with one of our many 6's.

It is all about ORT and Front Seven.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                          CB just moved up the list of needs. Not that you can't ever have too many but I worry about Samuel staying healthy with his small frame. This Eagles game showed we might have a need at 3rd CB and that Ryan Smith is a overrated DB that this coaching staff hyped up all year.
                          We’ve been saying it for quite some time: Chris Harris Jr. is running on fumes. It’s his last year. Starting outside corners in 2022 will be Davis, Asante, and Campbell at slot.

It’s a thin set, and I’m not sure Campbell is the nickel starter if someone falls to us in the draft. Asante’s health/slight frame is another valid point.

Here’s a thought…

‘22 Free Agent pickups:
                          Sebastian Joseph-Day, DT
                          Wyatt Teller, OG

’22 Draft:
                          R1: Trent McDuffie, CB - inside/outside versatility. Great speed and sure tackling ability.

R2: Zion Tupuola-Fetui, EDGE - Great compliment to Bosa. Tremendous pass rusher. Can drop into coverage.

R3: Max Mitchell, RT - Natural RT. Technician with great arm length and agility.

R4: Best RB available. Looking at Zamir White or Brian Robinson Jr. to compliment Ekeler.

Remaining picks to add depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X