• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

On the other side of the coin (Adams perspective)...

This next contract will be a lucrative, rest of your life, kind of deal... 3-4 years, $25 million per year, most of it guaranteed.
    1) California kid comes home
    2) Plays for a young, ascending QB, rather than a QB at the end of his tenure...

Many moving parts...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

This next contract will be a lucrative, rest of your life, kind of deal... 3-4 years, $25 million per year, most of it guaranteed.
      2) Plays for a young, ascending QB, rather than a QB at the end of his tenure...

Many moving parts...
      Hell - if A-A-Ron is traded - they might want to take a step back, level set the Cap and move forward in 2023 and not even franchise Adams because of the team. Or maybe they franchise to trade him (the NFLs version of an NBA sign and trade). The Patriots pushed the cap with Brady, rightly so - but last year, between COVID and no Brady, Belichick level set the cap and look at the results in free agency.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I hope they can keep all the players that have been an asset this season, even older ones like Linval. BUT, in all cases, I say that expecting to be able to sign them at a reasonable price. For instance, Norton and Pipkins are our backup Tackles and I'd like them to be kept, but not if they are thinking about a big payday because they will still be a backup, not a starter. If a player wants more than he's worth, let him go.

Even without letting any player go we have plenty of holes to fill. We still need a RT, DT, CB, RB, TE and S. One of the fascinating things about the NFL is the turnover of players year after year. The FA period and the draft wouldn't be nearly as interesting if not for that constant churning of the rooster.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Many moving parts...
          He is from No Cal actually.

Anyways, we'll see. I'm on record as it won't happen for us. I'd love to have him, just don't see it. But if I'm wrong,.it would be a happy kind of wrong.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is from No Cal actually.

Anyways, we'll see. I'm on record as it won't happen for us. I'd love to have him, just don't see it. But if I'm wrong,.it would be a happy kind of wrong.
            I am not going to Vegas and putting money on the Chargers signing Adams if he becomes a free agent thats for sure.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

The kid on SDSU is not only the best punter in America, he also kicks FGs. Grab him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Nice season for the Aztecs, 12-2. A couple of guys could be drafted high, Matt Araiza to a hungry need at Punter, and Cameron Thomas, Edge. Next game... at the new stadium vs. Arizona.

WR Jesse Mathews had a career game,

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  The kid on SDSU is not only the best punter in America, he also kicks FGs. Grab him.
                  Staley still wouldn't use him
                  jk
                  P1. Block Destruction
                  P2. Shocking Effort
                  P3. Ball Disruption
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    He had back to back games each with a 80+ yard punt and a 50+ yard field goal. Amazing.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

He had back to back games each with a 80+ yard punt and a 50+ yard field goal. Amazing.
                      If the Chargers do get that comp pick in the 4th round - that would give the team the chance to possibly use a 3rd round pick on Araiza. He is a weapon in the kicking game. His FGs are not as accurate - but punting, what a weapon. He might not be Ray Guy or Sebastian Janikowski in R1 but he has some skills that kid.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

If we can sign Nick Bosa in the offseason it will change the landscape of our draft. I imagine SF is not letting him walk.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          If we can sign Nick Bosa in the offseason it will change the landscape of our draft. I imagine SF is not letting him walk.
                          Imagine if we had both Bosa's! What a pass rush that would give us.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X