• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Drafting defensive players in the first round scare the #$%@#$ out of me. Unless it's a serious no brainer pick I would rather just spend the coin or draft in later rounds. So unless your name is Bosa or James most of our picks have been less than 50% success on defensive side of the ball. I think DBs are easier to gauge so unless some player just seems like a monster it's a total crap shoot!

:coffee:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Looking at the post above yours, DTs in the first are high risk. Get proven FA DTs and save the 1st round draft capital. Wyatt in the 2nd would be great.
      Wyatt in the second is unrealistic, certainly he has proved his worth as a top 15 pick? If he slides to #17 take him.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

A 1-2 Penning & Wyatt would be the beef we've all been asking for, but I doubt there's any chance Wyatt is still there by our 2nd.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

EbIketie looks like a 1st rounder to me.
          I never thought he would make it to pick #48

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
            A 1-2 Penning & Wyatt would be the beef we've all been asking for, but I doubt there's any chance Wyatt is still there by our 2nd.
            no chance

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

no chance
              I was hoping he slipped through the cracks, because everyone was focusing on Davis, but he kicked the door open yesterday.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Penning got beat quite a bit if you watch all of it, not just the ones he won.
                I watched a YouTube clip of Penning doing drills vs DE/Edge, the DEs were pushing him into the QB pocket with regularity. If this film is decisive, I’ll leave to the experts …

(If someone can advise how to embed YT links, I’ll edit to make more visible - i don’t know how)
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

He won't be there at 17 but what an incredible play by Travon Walker in the Natty.

Sorry couldn't link the tweet in

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I watched a YouTube clip of Penning doing drills vs DE/Edge, the DEs were pushing him into the QB pocket with regularity. If this film is decisive, I’ll leave to the experts …

(If someone can advise how to embed YT links, I’ll edit to make more visible - i don’t know how)
                    Penning probably won't be on the board at 17, and after yesterday you can forget about Jordan Davis being drafted at 17 realistically both of theses players won't be available. HOWEVER if Penning falls to pick 17 its the same thing as last season with Slater. You draft Penning at 17 period... Cross maybe. If all these players are gone, you go the best player available at DT,LB,DE or CB with pick 17 or trade down.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

The JoJa boys lit up the combine yesterday. Davis is going to be an absolute monster IMHO. If we don't draft him then I hope no one in the AFC West does as I would not want to face that guy twice a year.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Looking at the post above yours, DTs in the first are high risk. Get proven FA DTs and save the 1st round draft capital. Wyatt in the 2nd would be great.
                        Wyatt is going 1st round. I like that he weighed in at 305, feels like a safer pick to me than Davis. These guys are only 21 and will put on weight. As mentioned Jamal The Wall came in at 305. How many coming in at 340 last long?

Those who proved it against elite competition in the SEC are also safer picks than small school guys.
                        But nothing is guaranteed, not all Alabama and Georgia players live up to the hype obviously.
                        Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 03-06-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Jordan Davis is a monster...and if all the edge and CBs are snatched up, thanks to this weak QB class, and we have another plan for RT, in house or FA, I would absolutely be ok with that pick...don't understand the handful of people on here who are haters...I think he is a viable prospect. Now, I am hopeful for edge, corner, or RT...but I'm not gonna throw a hissy because we happen to pick him. Gotta have faith that if Staley wants him, that Staley is confident he fits here, and any "hand technique" or other issues, can be coached up.

For those of you thinking WR...I wouldn't be crushed if that was the pick, but there are gonna be some nice pieces to add to our pretty decent group on day 2. I'm still watching George Pickens real close...late college career injuries and poor QB play have this guy flying under the radar, but I have seen him make some ridiculous snags with those mitts throughout his career...would love him in the second.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X