• Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

No worries.
    just would like to have 2 lockdown CB's.
    D.Jeremiah has Sauce as his #4 overall prospect and best CB in the draft. I agree with him. And like the idea of adding the #1 CB in draft.

If pick is OL at #17. That may be the 5th OL taken at that point.

The trade up, even if they use it on OL, likely means they get the #1 OL on their board.

I'll be on this limb alone.
    Stay aggressive. Go for it!
    Stalesco, trade up to #4 and get your guy.
    Im all for that strategy if its for a top o lineman which is a much greater need at this point for us.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
      My annual plug for an Oregon player… Verone McKinley III (S) in the 4th round. He’s going to fall in the draft due to his measurables but his tape is as good as just about any DB in the draft. High football IQ, very instinctive, great timing to break up receptions with contact if he can’t get his hands on the ball, 11 career INT (including 6 last year), not afraid to come up in run support. As a redshirt freshman he forced the coaching staff to move Jevon Holland (2nd round pick who had a very good rookie year for Miami last year) from his natural safety position to full-time Nickel so they could get McKinley on the field more, and McKinley was calling the defense as a first year starter.

Would be an instant improvement over Gilman and could easily become the starting Dime backer as a rookie and provide some much needed depth at safety. Doesn’t have elite speed but with his football IQ and instincts he is more than capable in a 2 high safety look. Did have some issues in college lowering his helmet as he hits, especially when trying to knock a ball loose to prevent a completion, that need to be coached out of him. His size will cause issues as a box safety, but with Derwin I don’t think he would be asked to do it that often. He is more than willing in run support nonetheless.
      I think McKinley is on their radar. I think they met with him already.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

If we move up, I’m sure Telesco will draft the safety from Norte Dame.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Actually...no on Ojabo...non contact tear? This early? Some guys just are not durable....some can rehab and train to prevent future injury, but that 3rd can be better spent, IMO
          Why did he only play 1 game in 2020?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
            If we move up, I’m sure Telesco will draft the safety from Norte Dame.
            We aren't moving that far.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Still thinking Davis is in our cluster at 17, why not start Johnson/SJD/Davis in the 3-4 D Staley wants to run? Tillery rotates in on passing downs, as he should.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Still thinking Davis is in our cluster at 17, why not start Johnson/SJD/Davis in the 3-4 D Staley wants to run? Tillery rotates in on passing downs, as he should.
                Cool,so whos our RT protecting the most important player on the whole team again?

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

With all the good recent defensive FA’s acquires by TT, no need to go overboard with another defensive pick at # 1. Go the other way now. a right tackle at # 1. Chargers haven’t had stellar luck at NT FA acquisitions in awhile. Forget that. Draft # 1 right tackle. Chargers have a crap running game, at least on 3rd and two.
                  Last edited by Caslon; 03-20-2022, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    With all the good recent defensive FA’s acquires by TT, no need to go overboard with another defensive pick at # 1. Go the other way now. a right tackle at # 1. Chargers haven’t had stellar luck at NT FA acquisitions in awhile. Forget that. Draft # 1 right tackle. Chargers have a crap running game, at least on 3rd and two.
                    There isn’t gonna be anybody at 17 worth taking to play RT. That’s the problem. We’re going to massively overdraft to take a RT.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Even with Slater’s success last year I’m not particularly looking forward to TT trying to draft a RT at 17, if he can grab one in FA then we come into the draft with no real glaring need in the starting lineup on either side of the ball. BPA all the way.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        Even with Slater’s success last year I’m not particularly looking forward to TT trying to draft a RT at 17, if he can grab one in FA then we come into the draft with no real glaring need in the starting lineup on either side of the ball. BPA all the way.
                        If you can get someone solid there, and pass up on a better player....than that will not so much be a problem.
                        When you are trying to fill out the final missing pieces on a roster, you do those things.

The problem resides in thinking that drafting a tackle (Penning) at #17 solves your problems lets say over the next two years.
                        It doesn't.

Don't draft an OT and Pip (or heaven help us, Storm) will be the starting RT.
                        Draft Penning and Pipkens still has a decent shot of being your starting RT.

I will say it again: Lucas is more NFL ready than Penning. I would feel comfortable sticking him out there over the next two - three years.
                        Those are prime 'window' years.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                          ~ Charger Fan ~
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Jupiter, FL
                          • Send PM

The one player I keep thinking about is Marcus Jones from U of Houston. I see him as a dime CB and he could take over return duties immediately!

Comment

Working...
                          X