• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Jordan Davis.png

Breakdown of the Georgia defense under Kirby Smart. Good stuff. Smart is teaching overload principles and zone blitzes to the youngsters, and they are shutting people down.

Having a monster like Jordan Davis at DT makes it all work.

I absolutely love this kid. Great feet.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Send PM

I think we all did a WTF in the 3rd round last draft. At least McKitty caught a pass yesterday............

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I absolutely love this kid. Great feet.
        I am concerned about his speed. He's got the quick twitch and the get-off, but his speed in chasing down a quarterback - as compared to a Leonard Marshall or an Aaron Donald - is a liability in his game.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          I think we all did a WTF in the 3rd round last draft. At least McKitty caught a pass yesterday............
          Did you catch McKitty in the game in max-protect last night? Lombardi has reworked his coverage schemes and added McKitty as protection, not hands. I'm pretty happy with the results. Defense giving up 27 points the 4th quarter, is another matter.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Send PM

Did you catch McKitty in the game in max-protect last night? Lombardi has reworked his coverage schemes and added McKitty as protection, not hands. I'm pretty happy with the results. Defense giving up 27 points the 4th quarter, is another matter.
            If it were 27 "real" points I would be concerned. But 1 drive started at the 2 from a blocked punt and another from the 10 I think on that doink off of the helmet. So 14 of the 27 were gimmies IMHO. 13 sounds a lot better.......

Needless to say, I flipped off my TV about 10 times in the last 8 minutes. That was a pisser of an attempted el foldo.........

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I see Kyren with several attributes that would give us an effective 1-2 punch at RB.
              Pass Pro.
              Hands.
              Vision.
              Instincts.
              Short area quickness.
              Same size as EK as a rookie.
              Direct replacement for JJackson.
              Under consideration for me.
              Should the Domer drop to us @ Round 3.
              Yes, he is a good RB, has good instincts and i really like him so i agree but i just wish he was a little bigger. But maybe if they do the platoon with Ekeler,.... he would be ideal. I thought we would go after bigger RBs with Lombardi and Staley and we have. Ekeler so far has held up but we got a ways to go still.

Im sure Justin Jackson isnt coming back after this season and we'll see about Kelly. More talent likely pushes him off the squad as well. I have a small handful of RBs i like this draft. I like Kennedy Brooks but one thing about him to me, he doesn't have that extra burst. Seems he is in 3rd gear all the time lol.

We'll see. Maybe Roundtree is enough for the bigger RB (have Bradford too) but in New Orleans, their whole RB by committy was bigger.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/dernest-johnson-30103/

How do folks here feel about taking a run at restricted free agent RB in 2022?

I'll make the argument for this back. Browns have 19 unrestricted and RFAs. Johnson is at the bottom of the free agent list in salary and priority as I view it, and he is behind buried behind Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb. Johnson has looked like a franchise back in his limited touches. His power back ability, to compliment and take load off Ekeler. If you can ball out at RB against Denver's 2021 defense, I am sufficiently impressed.

D'Ernest Johnson's 168-yard game vs. Denver
                Last edited by ghost; 11-22-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes, he is a good RB, has good instincts and i really like him so i agree but i just wish he was a little bigger. But maybe if they do the platoon with Ekeler,.... he would be ideal. I thought we would go after bigger RBs with Lombardi and Staley and we have. Ekeler so far has held up but we got a ways to go still.

Im sure Justin Jackson isnt coming back after this season and we'll see about Kelly. More talent likely pushes him off the squad as well. I have a small handful of RBs i like this draft. I like Kennedy Brooks but one thing about him to me, he doesn't have that extra burst. Seems he is in 3rd gear all the time lol.

We'll see. Maybe Roundtree is enough for the bigger RB (have Bradford too) but in New Orleans, their whole RB by committy was bigger.
                  Bolts would be wise in the offseason to cut both JJ and Kelley...sign a solid FA RB, and look for another in the draft, in rounds 4+...top needs are still DL, RT and CB...

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Points given up during a team collapse are real points.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

This is my mock sim of preference. If I do a couple mocks a week it forces me to watch film on a player, and a better base of knowledge. All before the underclassmen declare and they change the depth.

I want WR Jameson Williams or DT Jordan Davis for the Chargers in the 1st Round.

Jameson Williams scored on a 75-yard touchdown reception for the fourth time this season, becoming the first player in Crimson Tide history to do so. Let Mike Will pursue free agency and target Jameson in the 1st. Need a gamebreaker WR for Herbert to grow old with, plus a power back, and a need DT to get to the next level in 2022.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bolts would be wise in the offseason to cut both JJ and Kelley...sign a solid FA RB, and look for another in the draft, in rounds 4+...top needs are still DL, RT and CB...
                        Won't have to cut JJ as his contract will expire. I know we will get some of these positions in FA,.. likely/hopefully at least 1 DT. Maybe a CB and then draft one.

RT likely is a draft pick. Got plenty of money so we'll see what they do before the draft. It's hard to focus what they might do in the draft with FA'cy looming with a lot of dough to spend.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Won't have to cut JJ as his contract will expire. I know we will get some of these positions in FA,.. likely/hopefully at least 1 DT. Maybe a CB and then draft one.

RT likely is a draft pick. Got plenty of money so we'll see what they do before the draft. It's hard to focus what they might do in the draft with FA'cy looming with a lot of dough to spend.
                          I'd kind of like to see TT rebuild our D-line like he did with our O-line. Sign 2 solid run-stuffing DT's and an Edge...like yer idea of drafting RT, then go corner and RB with more D-line help...depending on slotting of course...I'd rather draft RT early though...

Comment

Working...
                          X