• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Would rather load up on Offensive Lineman who can create running lanes for backs, good ones available late, coupled with a higher graded RB early. Otherwise defense, defense defense :rimshot:

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Wasn’t he mostly playing outside because of Michael Davis’ injury? Campbell’s better as a nickel. I see him possibly taking over for CHJ next year.
      Yes, Campbell was playing outside. What makes you believe Campbell is good in the slot? How much experience does he have there?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

I’m prepared for Chargers selecting a CB in the first round. They should have they’re pick after Stingley and like what I see from Auburn, Joesph McCreary 6-0 190. Flashes good technique, body control, foot speed and seemingly always in position. Would like to get this years value pick again at position of need last year being Rashawn Slater. Real possible availability late teens, around Chargers slot (who knows this early but close enough to be in the ballpark).

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Well, Cameron Thomas can kick inside on passing downs. He provides consistent Hurries from different positions on the Dline. And the EDGE must be set, especially with these mobile QBs coming into vogue.

Personally, I like this prospect.
          Yes he has my attention surely but I'm just not convinced yet he is an immediate impact NFL player. That's a big statement for a guy from SDSU imo lol.
          Faulk was the exception and far outclassed that conference which I know, was the WAC at the time.

Might sound silly but SDSU has a way of letting us down......like the Chargers. It's just my insecurities lol.

The prospect I'd like to have from SDSU is the punter/kicker. Does 2 jobs while leaving an extra roster spot. Even if he just punts he is gonna be better than Long.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-21-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

That guy is a monster.
            You could say he outkicks the coverage,
            but there is serious hang time too.
            Draft Araiza.
            Field position is key
            Draft a KR too.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              Been playing a lot on the PFN draft simulator as of late. There are a LOT of RB's available in the 6th and 7th rounds consistently. Tyler Badie, James Cook, Zamir White & Pierre Strong have all been there in the 7th in quite a few of my mocks. I would gladly load up on a couple of these guys and turn the RB room upside down behind Austin.
              It's early and not sure how often they do updates on those right now.

There are players in it that won't declare as well,..... just like last year.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yes, Campbell was playing outside. What makes you believe Campbell is good in the slot? How much experience does he have there?
                He played there during the stretch CHJ was injured. Thought he looked solid. I’m open to other possibilities, but I don’t think NB is a higher priority than RT, DT, and EDGE. We’ll have a better understanding of what to draft after FA. Tommy’s got cash burning a hole in his pocket.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

In today’s game, the answer is yes. Everything else is secondary.
                  Maybe for ball-watchers and fantasy nerds. I like defensive players that disrupt offenses. There’s a ton of ways to do that besides sacks. I like winning.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                    I’m prepared for Chargers selecting a CB in the first round. They should have they’re pick after Stingley and like what I see from Auburn, Joesph McCreary 6-0 190. Flashes good technique, body control, foot speed and seemingly always in position. Would like to get this years value pick again at position of need last year being Rashawn Slater. Real possible availability late teens, around Chargers slot (who knows this early but close enough to be in the ballpark).
                    Chargers can’t stop Steelers passing attack. ASJ out with second concussion. Chargers need to add best available CB in this upcoming draft.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Chargers can’t stop Steelers passing attack. ASJ out with second concussion. Chargers need to add best available CB in this upcoming draft.
                      We’d all be clamoring for a RT if TJ Watt had played. As it was, Storm Norton got beat like a rented mule by 2nd stringers. Teams will continue to attack our right side with their best pass rusher until we shore it up.

On the other hand, our run defense looked fantastic. Bosa should beef up to 290 and play 4i tech all the time.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

CB definitely PON, especially with Vato's inconsistent play and concussion concerns with ASJ...though I'd sure like to pick up a decent Edge and RT...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

We’d all be clamoring for a RT if TJ Watt had played. As it was, Storm Norton got beat like a rented mule by 2nd stringers. Teams will continue to attack our right side with their best pass rusher until we shore it up.

On the other hand, our run defense looked fantastic. Bosa should beef up to 290 and play 4i tech all the time.
                          You can find a stud of anything later rounds but seriously you can address a stud RT later than a stud Corner. I know we harp on Storm but he plays his ass off. You can see it in his face, we could do worse than a man who gives everything he has. Not his fault Bulaga opts out for medical reasons…… Aboushi was a huge hit, we could have fared much better with him in the lineup, but this secondary stinks. I’m not going redraft 2021 I’m so happy overall with most, we’re seeing some fruit bear where there was none, but corner was need went unsatisfied. Would say OL/CB/CB/OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X