• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Hell yes.I feel we need at least a few more capable players to impliment Staleys vision.Some of our current guys just aint it.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think you spend cap money on the best players for your team and not just sign your own guys for the sake of signing your own guys
      Mike Williams - not worth it to me
      Chris Harris - old
      Linval Joseph - borderline but his skills aren't getting better

Kyzir White, Nwosu, Justin Jones, I think I am good with
      STorm Norton - he is an RFA so cheap

Just because the player is on the Chargers this year doesn't mean he fits the scheme next year

I think the Chargers need to be open for damn business.
      Almost 100% agree!
      I'm moving on from Williams, Harris, and Joseph. Upgrade all 3.
      Absolutely have keep White, Nwosu, and Justin Jones. White and Nwosu fit perfectly in Staley's system. The run defense has been so much better since Jones' return.

RFA only works if you're assigning a tender to it. Storm isn't worth any of the accompanying tenders. If he'll resign for cheap... then, sure.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Almost 100% agree!
        Absolutely have keep White, Nwosu, and Justin Jones. White and Nwosu fit perfectly in Staley's system. The run defense has been so much better since Jones' return.

RFA only works if you're assigning a tender to it. Storm isn't worth any of the accompanying tenders. If he'll resign for cheap... then, sure.
        Maybe Norton isn't an RFA but I think they can sign him for a minimum contract for a third year player. You are right, not worth a tender.

I see people want to franchise Williams and I think thats crazy. First, he would sign it in a second. Second, if that happens, it hamstrings your cap space as you can't move money. Third, he just isn't consistent enough. From my viewing for his 5 years, he is not a 1 or 2 WR. Maybe a 2.5 at best. Makes some big plays but also will drop some. Just let him test the market and some team will overpay

Belichick said after one super bowl appearance, the first once where they beat the Rams - he still wanted to turn over 20-25 players on the roster. So the Chargers still have some work to do on this roster.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Almost 100% agree!

I think Joseph is an important member of the DL. I wonder where they can get another playmaker at DT and what he will cost? I suspect we will have to spend a high draft pick to replace him. It's difficult to find good DT's.

I like Williams but I think we could get a better WR in the second round that would be earning a rookie salary. It looks like there are a lot of good WR's coming up in this draft. But, do we want to spend our second round pick on a WR? We have a great you QB and we want to have good WR's for him to throw to.

The thing we don't know about all of these guys is how much money will they be asking for? Some may be willing to stay on at a reasonable salary while others may be looking for a killing. That's why they pay the GM's a lot of money, these decisions aren't easy.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Maybe Norton isn't an RFA but I think they can sign him for a minimum contract for a third year player. You are right, not worth a tender.

I see people want to franchise Williams and I think thats crazy. First, he would sign it in a second. Second, if that happens, it hamstrings your cap space as you can't move money. Third, he just isn't consistent enough. From my viewing for his 5 years, he is not a 1 or 2 WR. Maybe a 2.5 at best. Makes some big plays but also will drop some. Just let him test the market and some team will overpay

Belichick said after one super bowl appearance, the first once where they beat the Rams - he still wanted to turn over 20-25 players on the roster. So the Chargers still have some work to do on this roster.
            You are fickle. You wanted us to trade Williams and a pick for Orlando Brown Jr , then you wanted us to sign him NOW after 3-4 games, now you say he isn't worth it, Lol
            ​​​​​​
            I think he likely will be back. We aren't signing Adams for 25 mil and if we did, the first time he drops a big pass you will say we over paid lol.

That's your post style here.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You are fickle. You wanted us to trade Williams and a pick for Orlando Brown Jr , then you wanted us to sign him NOW after 3-4 games, now you say he isn't worth it, Lol
              ​​​​​​
              I think he likely will be back. We aren't signing Adams for 25 mil and if we did, the first time he drops a big pass you will say we over paid lol.

That's your post style here.
              I only wanted them to sign him to a long term deal that make CAP sense. something like 44/4

i never would have signed that guy for 15.7m for one year. NEVER. hence, the trade option since the team didn't have a LT

Don't take things out of context

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I only wanted them to sign him to a long term deal that make CAP sense. something like 44/4

i never would have signed that guy for 15.7m for one year. NEVER. hence, the trade option since the team didn't have a LT

Don't take things out of context
                I'm not, after 3-4 games this year I'm pretty sure you were one who wanted us to extend him NOW. A few said that after trashing him.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think you spend cap money on the best players for your team and not just sign your own guys for the sake of signing your own guys
                  Chris Harris - old

Just because the player is on the Chargers this year doesn't mean he fits the scheme next year

I think you missed my point. I'm not suggesting you
                  ​​​​​ pay to keep players that do not fit or you want to move on from I'm looking at team morale building in rewarding those you have invested in that have returned on that investment. It's documented that chemistry is hurt by overpaying in FA without regard for the talent that deserves rewarding in house. Notice I did not add any names to pay or not to pay. I'm talking about practice of using FA to grow the team is a positive Manor. We do not need any more David Boston's or Marceles Wiley's. We also do not want our John Perella's to walk away either.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

I think you missed my point. I'm not suggesting you
                    ​​​​​ pay to keep players that do not fit or you want to move on from I'm looking at team morale building in rewarding those you have invested in that have returned on that investment. It's documented that chemistry is hurt by overpaying in FA without regard for the talent that deserves rewarding in house. Notice I did not add any names to pay or not to pay. I'm talking about practice of using FA to grow the team is a positive Manor. We do not need any more David Boston's or Marceles Wiley's. We also do not want our John Perella's to walk away either.
                    Thanks for clarification

I am in agreement that prefer to build through the draft and have free agency augment your roster. Granted with the success, or lack thereof, with Telesco and the draft, wading into the free agent waters can create failures like you mention.

Than again, a team like the Broncos had a strong core in place, and with Manning on board, they were also able to get Talib, Ware and DJ Ward. That was a quality group that helped the Broncos win the ring. So if used correctly and you identify the RIGHT player - free agency can be a help.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Chris Harris - old

According to Over the Cap, Storm, Parham and Guyton are all Exclusive Rights FA, not restricted FA.

The difference is that an exclusive rights guy cannot talk to another team so long as he gets a league minimum tender from the team.

Minimum tender for all 3 of them is $895k (each). Rookies will get $705k, 1st year get $825k and 2nd year get the $895k.

The Chargers are free to offer more if they want, but probably will not.

As far as our RFA, we only have two. Trey Marshall and Ty Long. I don't expect either to be tendered, so they will be free to talk to anyone. Let the bidding wars begin.

Tracking the status and signings of all NFL transition tags.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

According to Over the Cap, Storm, Parham and Guyton are all Exclusive Rights FA, not restricted FA.

The difference is that an exclusive rights guy cannot talk to another team so long as he gets a league minimum tender from the team.

Minimum tender for all 3 of them is $895k (each). Rookies will get $705k, 1st year get $825k and 2nd year get the $895k.

The Chargers are free to offer more if they want, but probably will not.

As far as our RFA, we only have two. Trey Marshall and Ty Long. I don't expect either to be tendered, so they will be free to talk to anyone. Let the bidding wars begin.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cba/minimum/
                        Storm Parham and Guyton are all third year players at at 895k seem like pretty good bargains at under a million .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Storm Parham and Guyton are all third year players at at 895k seem like pretty good bargains at under a million .
                          Give Parham a 4/15-ish deal. Norton sign to min, he should be considered stop gap and not solution. Guyton - meh, whatever you guys decide - i worked out the first two. I’m less a fan than Chain, more a fan than some.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X