• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Jameson Williams would be a nice upgrade IMHO.
    Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Guyton is an excellent deep ball receiver. Herbie has a connection with him deep. And he has the speed we need.
      I would keep Guyton and bring in 3 or 4 speed burner WR's(draft and maybe mostly FA)into camp to compete...... hopefully one or 2 impress and make roster as WR's/returners

Only cut Guyton if others dominate...... hopefully we find one who really looks like they could be special.....

I would like to see a WR group of MW, KA, Palmer and 2 speed burners so we can mix and match to drive defenses crazy.....

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I would keep Guyton and bring in 3 or 4 speed burner WR's(draft and maybe mostly FA)into camp to compete...... hopefully one or 2 impress and make roster as WR's/returners

Only cut Guyton if others dominate...... hopefully we find one who really looks like they could be special.....

I would like to see a WR group of MW, KA, Palmer and 2 speed burners so we can mix and match to drive defenses crazy.....
        If we’re keeping Roberts, we’ll probably only have room for one more receiver.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
          Speaking of speedy WRs in Houston, what about taking a flyer on Phillip Dorsett? He is a former first rounder. I think he's a FA, would probably be relatively cheap, and he looked pretty darn good against us!
          Rather keep Guyton.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah but Roberts is 34. May be 35 by the time the season starts.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But he played younger.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Brian Robinson Alabama or Zach Charbonnet UCLA. Big guys.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who cares? I mean the way he plays he might be the first returner to play until 40. Other than the one miscue where one of our players blocked his vision he's been Bullitt proof.

:coffee:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

i might agree, but like most great franchises, its about finding better talent..... if you dont, you keep what you have..... but most teams find better talent.... which is why chargers depth has sucked for many years......

if scouting dept does its job we will find better players every year......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

i might agree, but like most great franchises, its about finding better talent..... if you dont, you keep what you have..... but most teams find better talent.... which is why chargers depth has sucked for many years......

if scouting dept does its job we will find better players every year......
                      That is one thing - the Chargers finished 9-8. And yes, there are a lot of players I would like to bring back - but I also think the team needs to upgrade if possible. A guy like Andre Roberts - he is a vet minimum guy with a bit of a signing bonus thrown in. Maybe a bit more but lets not think he is going to command something like 6m for 2 with 3 up front.

The first guy I think the Chargers need to bring back is Justin Jones. You can tell the difference.
                      I would put Kyzir White second

Telesco has a lot of work to do and its as much work to build out the final 31 players as it is tp upgrade RT, IDL and CB1

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Still think DT round one is their focus. Staley has a keen eye for secondary players he will find 2nd and 3rd days, no worries. Need to nail that tackle like they did last year w/Slater.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                          Still think DT round one is their focus. Staley has a keen eye for secondary players he will find 2nd and 3rd days, no worries. Need to nail that tackle like they did last year w/Slater.
                          I think it will be a combination of free agency and the draft - like the did last year with OL
                          three free agents - various price tags

two draft picks - a first and a fifth

So thinking Sebastian Day Joseph or a BJ Hill with the bigger money; maybe a mid tier guy like Austin Johnson or Collins and finally, a draft pick for DT.

Comment

Working...
                          X