• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

I think this game is absolutely about the players. Stafford and Cupp drive for the score to win SB, and Donald closing the door was not about scheme, terminology or coaching.
    That was talent winning.

I would absolutely trade 1st Rd picks for known NFL talent.

I don't think I could do much better J.Simmons-DT with either 2022 or 2023 1sts. So why not offer both to Titans to upgrade the DL. Impact this season move to win now. Not a develop a player move. When 1st Rd players are 50/50 success rates. Think the move to use draft capital at times makes sense to me.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      I think this game is absolutely about the players. Stafford and Cupp drive for the score to win SB, and Donald closing the door was not about scheme, terminology or coaching.
      That was talent winning.

I would absolutely trade 1st Rd picks for known NFL talent.

I don't think I could do much better J.Simmons-DT with either 2022 or 2023 1sts. So why not offer both to Titans to upgrade the DL. Impact this season move to win now. Not a develop a player move. When 1st Rd players are 50/50 success rates. Think the move to use draft capital at times makes sense to me.
      I think situations like Ramsey are rare because it needs a certain amount of things to go right. The Jags FO bring incompetent for example. I don’t think we can pry someone like Simmons away from the Titans.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

FWIW the GAC podcast guys are looking at FA RTs because there are too many questions with so mnay RT prospects in the draft. They think Abe Lucas has the highest floor of who will be available to us.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

They also made an interesting comment about how trench players raise the floor of a team and perimeter players raise the ceiling. And that the Chargers need a higher floor more than a higher ceiling.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            They also made an interesting comment about how trench players raise the floor of a team and perimeter players raise the ceiling. And that the Chargers need a higher floor more than a higher ceiling.
            Yep, EDGE at 17. Just think if we had the 20th ranked D…one can dream.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

FWIW the GAC podcast guys are looking at FA RTs because there are too many questions with so mnay RT prospects in the draft. They think Abe Lucas has the highest floor of who will be available to us.
              Try listening to Paul Alexander,
              instead of GAC.
              :shifty:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yep, EDGE at 17. Just think if we had the 20th ranked D…one can dream.
                If Nwosu is resigned, edge at #17 might be out there for less than half the defensive snaps.
                A corner will be out there most of the time.

I'm not opposed to one or the other: choose the better player without worrying about position.
                At #17, RT will not be that guy.

Too much "we need to choose this position or that" for my taste.
                At the end of the process, the Chargers will have a sub-optimal player or two playing a lot of snaps next year.
                Make sure the guys around him are studs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yeah....podcasters. may as well listen to us lol

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think situations like Ramsey are rare because it needs a certain amount of things to go right. The Jags FO bring incompetent for example. I don’t think we can pry someone like Simmons away from the Titans.
                    Agree.
                    I do think there is also front offices styles. Telesco seem to view them as useful for trade ups. Or to simply draft with. They seem reluctant to trade down or use them for veteran talent. Where other front office seem to make more moves with draft capital. Picking the player or trading the pick it's all a risk. Telesco seem to favor some risk over others.

How many other teams were willing to offer what the Rams did? You would think other teams offering the same picks may be more attractive like the Lions or Jets who are rarely good vs a good playoff type Rams team who had a recent Superbowl appearance. My suspension is the Rams were the only front office willing to deal two 1sts. Maybe the Rams thought we will be good so these will be bottom of 1st Rd picks. Jalen is a top of 1st Rd player. And the Lions and Jets thought we are going to suck we may be handing over two top 10 picks if we offer them. LOL.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah....podcasters. may as well listen to us lol
                      Arjun just literally won this with the Michigan team:

He may be in an NFL FO within the next year.

Steven knows what he's looking at for line play. The other two, meh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Arjun just literally won this with the Michigan team:

https://go.activecalendar.com/Villan...n-competition/

He may be in an NFL FO within the next year.

Steven knows what he's looking at for line play. The other two, meh.
                        The bearded guy is ok. Don't know his name,. .....but the other two. Ive watched a few last year but stopped.

Another one, a Dark haired guy who does a YouTube podcast, I think it's called the director ? He is entertaining but he also may as well be here lol. But I like his approach. I've watched here and there on him but you don't learn anything different.
                        He's just giving his opinion making a video and making money with his followers lol.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

2022 Pro Day Schedule
                          March 8 Northwestern, Miami (O)
                          March 9 Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Kansas State, Kansas, UCLA, Alabama-Birmingham, Alabama A&M, Texas-San Antonio, Troy, Wisconson-Whitewater
                          March 10 Texas, Indiana, New Mexico, Arkansas State, Tulsa, Central Arkansas, Missouri State,
                          March 11 Texas State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, SE Missouri State
                          March 14 Georgia Tech, Western Michigan, Kent State, Austin Peay
                          March 15 Auburn, Arizona State, Central Michigan, Murray State, West Georgia, Saginaw Valley State
                          March 16 Georgia, Michigan State, Minnesota, Colorado, San Jose State
                          March 17 Clemson, Eastern Michigan
                          March 18 Michigan, South Carolina, New Mexico State
                          March 21 Iowa, Nevada, Syracuse, Southern Mississippi. Northern Iowa, Toledo, Jackson State, Princeton, Stony Brook
                          March 22 Iowa State, Liberty, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State, SMU, Army, Ohio, Albany
                          March 23 Ohio State, Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, Virginia, UConn, Georgia State, Temple, Utah State, Weber State, James Madison, Delaware
                          March 24 Mississippi, Oklahoma State, Utah, North Dakota State, UMass, North Texas State, Yale
                          March 25 TCU, BYU, Boston College, Memphis, Hampton, Richmond, Old Dominion, Tarleton State
                          March 28 Vanderbilt, Ball State, Air Force, South Dakota, Tennessee State
                          March 29 Purdue, NC State, Washington, West Virginia, Louisville, Wyoming, Navy, Campbell, UNC-Central, NCA&T
                          March 30 Alabama, Baylor, Tennessee, Boise State, Colorado State, Maryland, Wake Forest, Indiana State, Marshall, Elon
                          March 31 Appalachian State, Western Kentucky, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Florida Atlantic
                          April 1 Kentucky, Central Florida, Houston, Rice, South Florida, Texas Southern
                          April 4 Louisiana, Akron
                          April 5 LSU, Tulane

Comment

Working...
                          X