• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

From what I understand Green is rated higher and will be drafted before Zion is. Green is top 15 talent, Zion is top 2nd round early 1st round talent. Both are OG's but have played OT....

Here's the thing if either of these players TT believes could play RT day 1 then you draft the better player who could play OT now... If its Green you draft him at 17 if its Zion you could trade down a few spots and still probably get him.... Or you could scrap that and if Jameson Williams is on the board at 17... make that pick Translated we need a stud OT who could start at RT now! or if that isn't there draft a potential superstar player like Jameson Williams who could star in LA...

I'm projecting and hoping Fieler comes in camp this year and locks down the starting OG spot... And really plays well at guard.
    Brugler has Cowboys selecting Zion #24 and Green to Titans #26.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

who was a UDFA…
      Guyton was an UDFA, but we know that he is a legitimate NFL player and do not know that about the current crop of day 3 WR draft candidates. Lots of day 3 WRs do not accomplish nearly as much as Guyton has already accomplished in his career. Joe Reed and K.J. Hill are two recent examples from our team's drafts.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I've always valued pass rushers over CB's. However, with the new evolving offenses... shorter routes and the passing game becoming an extension of the running game... and all of the new requirements heaped upon DB's.... that philosophy may change.
        Laster on in that thread someone says "edge early, secondary often". I think the need for numbers in secondary does recommend a high quantity approach, especially as we already have CB1.

We drafted 1 CB under Lynn.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

The two last corners picked by the Chargers in first round are A. Cason and J. Verrett.
          Don't want to repeat that !

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Pro Football Network and The Draft Network simulator.
            Where do QBs Malik Willis and Kenny Pickett land? Where are the hot spots for trades? We assess the NFL Draft first-round simulations.

No. 17: Chargers

PFN — Zion Johnson 5, Karlaftis 4, Booth 3, Stingley 2, Trade 2 (Karlaftis, Jaguars; Penning, Bears)

TDN — Penning 11, Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt 7, Davis 2

Both simulators favored the Chargers aiding either their offensive or defensive fronts with this selection.

The Chargers are in great shape at left tackle with 2021 rookie Rashawn Slater allowing only a 3.6 percent pressure rate. The other side, though, was very rough with Storm Norton. Zion Johnson racked up double-digit starts in his college career at left guard, left tackle and right tackle. Meanwhile, Penning had 31 of his 33 starts at left tackle.

The Chargers added Khalil Mack to play opposite Joey Bosa at defensive end, thus selecting Wyatt or Davis would probably make more sense than Karlaftis.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Guyton was an UDFA, but we know that he is a legitimate NFL player and do not know that about the current crop of day 3 WR draft candidates. Lots of day 3 WRs do not accomplish nearly as much as Guyton has already accomplished in his career. Joe Reed and K.J. Hill are two recent examples from our team's drafts.
              Guyton? All he does is score long TDs. Let’s replace him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

The draft is a crap shoot and harder to find gems the later you get. You just have to be a good eye for talent.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick. Welker undrafted. So they are out there. Just hard to find.

Guyton is an ok WR and he can play but he can also be upgraded when opportunity presents itself. Til then he has made some plays for us.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Guyton? All he does is score long TDs. Let’s replace him.
                  How much do you want to pay him next year? If we don’t take a WR to develop and replace him next year I will be shocked. Has nothing to do with Guyton as a player, we’re just already looking at almost 40 mil at WR for our top 2 guys and I don’t think the money is gonna be there for a guy who is at best our 3rd WR and 4th receiving option.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    The draft is a crap shoot and harder to find gems the later you get. You just have to be a good eye for talent.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick. Welker undrafted. So they are out there. Just hard to find.

Guyton is an ok WR and he can play but he can also be upgraded when opportunity presents itself. Til then he has made some plays for us.
                    Guyton runs mostly go routes for us. Someone with his speed who could also sink into a cut at the top of the route would open up a lot.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

How much do you want to pay him next year? If we don’t take a WR to develop and replace him next year I will be shocked. Has nothing to do with Guyton as a player, we’re just already looking at almost 40 mil at WR for our top 2 guys and I don’t think the money is gonna be there for a guy who is at best our 3rd WR and 4th receiving option.
                      So the more he’s worth, the less valuable he is?

I don’t see him getting a big contract. He’s a one trick pony, but it’s one heck of a trick.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

There's always that one mediocre guy on the forum that alot of people love... For some reason it seems to be Guyton right now.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                          WustinSlurbert
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                          There's always that one mediocre guy on the forum that alot of people love... For some reason it seems to be Guyton right now.
                          For me, it's Josh Palmer. I agree that speed needs to be addressed in the WR room, but he looks like a stud in the making. My pro comparison to him coming in was Kenny Golliday. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Comment

Working...
                          X