• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hahahaha.
    ghost, I was referencing when you called me out on Smoke on the Water.
    Good grief.
    The first album I ever purchased was "Made In Japan."

TBH as mentioned, I am liking the concept of Aboushi--Raimann on the right side. Austro--Arabic.
    I had no idea you were a music nerd, as I am. None.

Cliff Burton.jpg

I took this from the pit of Cliff Burton, this was the Master of Puppets in '86 tour during the Iowa Jam - Aerosmith headlined - and Cliff was killed 4 months later. Saw the Ride The Lighting tour in Feb. '85 in Rochester, Minnesota in an armory. Less than 2000 people showed up. I was in the second row for that show.

Always been a bigger UFO fan than Deep Purple. Michael Schenker's tone and fluidity is where it's at for me. I once walked into a packed club date to see Eric Johnson on his new tour in '89 and there was no space, so Eric waived me down front and I sat on the stage riser.

As far as genre, Geezer Butler wrote Black Sabbath, creating the doom three-chord sequence, after listening to Holst's The Planets - Mars, Bringer of War. So, Sabbath is classically-based, not blues. Interesting, no?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It is clear that equivocation has maturity beyond his years. It is wise to be apprehensive about Raimann's pass blocking technique and inherent lack of lateral movement. Hand placement and set points can be improved.

This issue of pass pro and Raimann is fact !

But let me throw this at you, TPB wunderkinder.

After observing Raimann's failings in Mobile, Dane Brugler still has him going to PIT at #20, a mere three spots after LAC.

As Bolt Dude, one of our savviest draftniks, has pointed out, we need to be able to run left and right. I really like Raimann's strength and elite feet for outside zone running.
      Solid.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I had no idea you were a music nerd, as I am. None.

Cliff Burton.jpg

I took this from the pit of Cliff Burton, this was the Master of Puppets in '86 tour during the Iowa Jam - Aerosmith headlined - and Cliff was killed 4 months later. Saw the Ride The Lighting tour in Feb. '85 in Rochester, Minnesota in an armory. Less than 2000 people showed up. I was in the second row for that show.

Always been a bigger UFO fan than Deep Purple. Michael Schenker's tone and fluidity is where it's at for me. I once walked into a packed club date to see Eric Johnson on his new tour in '89 and there was no space, so Eric waived me down front and I sat on the stage riser.

As far as genre, Geezer Butler wrote Black Sabbath, creating the doom three-chord sequence, after listening to Holst's The Planets - Mars, Bringer of War. So, Sabbath is classically-based, not blues. Interesting, no?

OMG UFO. The Schenker. Aging myself. You got so much more here, ghost...all of it. My last concert was 20th anniversary MSG.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

OMG UFO. The Schenker. Aging myself. You got so much more here, ghost...all of it. My last concert was 20th anniversary MSG.
          I had tickets for Schenker's date at the Whisky, but I was so crushed after Ted McKenna's death, after Paul Raymond already passed, that I ate the tickets and never went. I did however bump into Vinny Appice of Sabbath and Dio and he is a Brooklyn mensh. Me and Vinny upstairs at the Whisky. I saw Last In Line there after Jimmy Bain died. I had to see Viv Campell live.

Vinny Appice.jpg

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Some guys never "get it" with their hands. Feet can always be coached up with sufficient athleticism. Hand fighting is a totally different story. With only 2 years experience it's really hard to tell if Raimann will get it. Won't be able to doninate with athleticism atcthe NFL level.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Some guys never "get it" with their hands. Feet can always be coached up with sufficient athleticism. Hand fighting is a totally different story. With only 2 years experience it's really hard to tell if Raimann will get it. Won't be able to doninate with athleticism atcthe NFL level.
              And how much of his tape should be considered valid in assessing the overall player vs. development?

I saw 3 plays in this 2020 sequence against Ball St., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0Rot24Op4 (3:57 - 5:25)
              where he was beaten around the edge,
              bull rushed to the QBs spot - who had to vacate it,
              and shed decisively by the weak side linebacker on a run over left guard.

A bulked up tight end who gets shed like a sack of cloth, even early in his development, by a Ball State weak side linebacker should be worrisome.

Perhaps i'm nit picking, but this would not be a day 2 - 3 pick.
              There will be very little 'appropriate' tape to go by.

BTW., Ball State has had two linebackers in its history selected in the NFL draft: a 7th & 9th rounder.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And how much of his tape should be considered valid in assessing the overall player vs. development?

I saw 3 plays in this 2020 sequence against Ball St., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0Rot24Op4 (3:57 - 5:25)
                where he was beaten around the edge,
                bull rushed to the QBs spot - who had to vacate it,
                and shed decisively by the weak side linebacker on a run over left guard.

A bulked up tight end who gets shed like a sack of cloth, even early in his development, by a Ball State weak side linebacker should be worrisome.

Perhaps i'm nit picking, but this would not be a day 2 - 3 pick.
                There will be very little 'appropriate' tape to go by.

BTW., Ball State has had two linebackers in its history selected in the NFL draft: a 7th & 9th rounder.
                Tbf that was his first year playing OT. But when he jumped up in competition at the senior bowl he had all the same issues. There's a lot of projecting needed to see him fixing this. Hand fighting instinct is something you either just have or aquire as a child/teenager.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  Jermaine Johnson reminds me a little of Merriman. An all around good linebacker type. Great nose for the ball. Lives in backfields. Great run game defense. Its not really pretty at times...but dude is a cat in heat on the field. Takes a lot of angles on tackles. Shows he has some good habits and he's taking to coaching. Not a finished product but in the back 20 range? Hes a guy we need to all look at. He times well at the combine he will really soar up boards. Its not the 12 sacks...is the work rate along with it i like. He produces. But does he translate?

Last year i was really interested in Greg Rousseau. He had a high ceiling i said. its just one of those gut vibes i get on a player with a shit load of upside. Johnson could be this years Rousseau for me personally. Projecting his future season in college etc. lol
                  Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Rousseau flashed ability his last year in college. He is an amazing athlete and has a HUGE upside. But he was somewhat productive in Buffalo this season, as he continues to develop his technique.

Johnson was a much more consistent and had much better technique. He just didn't do much until he transferred to FSU last year. Both have great physical tools, but I think Johnson is ready to take advantage of them out of the box because of the technique.

What I really like about Johnson is he is a smart disciplined guy. He keeps to his assignment and doesn't leave holes to go off and make plays by freelancing. Up to this year, it was a bit of a downer, because he didn't make many plays. This season, after spending most of last year developing technique and getting more playing time, he finally was able to step his game up and do it by being assignment sound. The other thing is that unlike a lot of guys who just flash production, he helped his teammates make a lot of plays. QB were often being forced to step up into the rush of other players.

I think Johnson is actually probably the best Edge guy for us. Hutchinson and Karlaftis are more leverage-type rushers in the same mold as Bosa. Thibodeaux and Ojabo are both pure speed guys off the edge. Johnson has almost as much speed as Thibodeaux and Ojabo, but more power and better hand use/leverage/technique. His technique isn't quite as good as Karlaftis and Hutchinson, but he has more speed and lateral agility. He is not quite as good as the other guys, but in the end he might be the best fit for us and the best pro, although I think the edge guys are all good prospects.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Bengals need OL help in a bad way. I’m sure they would trade up to #17 for Raimann/Kenyon Green/Tyler Linderbaum.

17th pick is worth 950 points
                    30th pick is worth 600 points
                    63rd pick is worth 276 points
                    159th is worth 26.2 points

would you do it?
                    Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 02-14-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                      Bengals need OL help in a bad way. I’m sure they would trade up to #17 for Raimann/Kenyon Green/Tyler Linderbaum.

would you do it?
                      Not if i were the Bengals.... to get to #17 is too far a leap.
                      There will be solid starting interior players available to them late in the 2nd round, at the very least.

Just miss out, and then focus too much on one position - and then some other positions fall off that were not entirely expected.
                      Charger fans know that from hard experience.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

would you do it?
                        Not sure they would. They need a OG worse than a OT and they can stay there and get Zion Johnson at 30. ...or 31 which is where they should be picking.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Not sure they would. They need a OG worse than a OT and they can stay there and get Zion Johnson at 30. ...or 31 which is where they should be picking.
                          makes sense, maybe closer to their pick? depends on who comes off their board before 31.... there may be a cluster still available then again maybe not?

Comment

Working...
                          X