• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we signed Campbell, why would we then draft Dean in round 1? I also think Kyzir we be resigned.
    Campbell will very soon be 29 so to me he is a 3 year deal.

Unless we trade him, I'm thinking Murray is still in the plans whether we like it or not.
    We pass on Dean in the draft (I’m ok with that) if we sign Campbell in free agency. I agree that it seems Murray is still planned starter. Listen to Tyler (guilty as charged podcast last night) and he suggested Chargers sign Honey Badger to fill that 3rd Safety spot, largely to cover Murray’s weakness, imo, but also makes a lot of sense.

Just saying FA will have a huge impact who Chargers Draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

We pass on Dean in the draft (I’m ok with that) if we sign Campbell in free agency. I agree that it seems Murray is still planned starter. Listen to Tyler (guilty as charged podcast last night) and he suggested Chargers sign Honey Badger to fill that 3rd Safety spot, largely to cover Murray’s weakness, imo, but also makes a lot of sense.

Just saying FA will have a huge impact who Chargers Draft.

Not sure on the Honey Badger. Good player but word is he lost a step.

Yep, FA'cy this year may have a big impact and why imhold off on mocks right now. I'd rather sign some younger DTs than draft one high. I'd actually like to have Dean but til FA is over, he may not be the logical pick.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I see a guy who just doesn't move his feet.
        I see a guy horrible on the 2nd level; I see a guy who gets pancaked pulling on a run play.
        I see too many guys in front of him who then slip on by.
        There must have been a dozen plays in this game where i didn't like what he was doing.

I see a guy who can win in a phone booth, but is not very much aware of what is going on around him.
        To me, he is a day 3 guy.

Probably a good call. I haven’t watched much of his tape but a lot of scouts project his as a guard. Thanks for the heads up.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

We’ll agree to disagree like gentlemen wearing top hats and spectacles. And that’s jolly fine.

I’m also not locked on an edge player at 17. I just want the BPA at a PON. Karlaftis, IMO, would be a major score and I don’t see a corner (besides maybe Gardner or Stingley) who brings that kind of juice, or shall I say sauce.

I want a difference maker, someone to help us win games, posthaste.
          I don't think Sauce or Stingley are very good fits. Sauce is allergic to tackling and Stingley is Verrett 2.0.
          CB is a huge need (Staley likes to build from the back forward) and there are 2 very good CB's that fit his scheme perfectly... bigger difference makers than Karlftis.
          Once Nwosu is re-signed, OLB is not a big PON... with slot and RT being much bigger needs.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I don't think Sauce or Stingley are very good fits. Sauce is allergic to tackling and Stingley is Verrett 2.0.
            CB is a huge need (Staley likes to build from the back forward) and there are 2 very good CB's that fit his scheme perfectly... bigger difference makers than Karlftis.
            Once Nwosu is re-signed, OLB is not a big PON... with slot and RT being much bigger needs.
            I know who your guys are.

We’ll agree to disagree that McDuffie or McCreary are bigger difference makers than Karlaftis or Walker.

I still don’t see it, sir, and I’ve given it a lot of thought.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I know who your guys are.

We’ll agree to disagree that McDuffie or McCreary are bigger difference makers than Karlaftis or Walker.

I still don’t see it, sir, and I’ve given it a lot of thought.
              Brute strength won't beat the Chiefs. You need guys who can cover and tackle. Build from the back.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Brute strength won't beat the Chiefs. You need guys who can cover and tackle. Build from the back.
                Or…you need a defensive front strong enough to keep Mahomes in the pocket, to contain him.

Mahomes makes most of his big throws when contain fails, when he rolls, particularly to the right. No one can cover Hill (or any quality NFL receivers) with the kind of time Mahomes creates for himself. He is able to create that time against weak/undisciplined defensive fronts.

Better corners are needed. I won’t argue with that, but a more dominant front beats the Chiefs.

Case in point, last year’s Super Bowl. The Bucs defensive front is ALL ABOUT brute strength. Telesco should have been taking notes. Hopefully this year he gets the message.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

When Staley says we want to be a "line of scrimmage team", well, take note. He ain't lyin.

Comment

• GetBolted
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Butler, PA
                    • Send PM

I like the scenario of trading down with PGH. I too would love to see Trevor Penning toss Max Crosby down and do a big flop on him. (the SOB leg whipped our golden child once for a 'tackle' TRIED to leg whip him another time and kneed him in the back on that late sack...He needs to talk to his sponsor about learning not to be such a douche) But is it possible one of the top three OT's fall to us as well, and it would be hard to argue with taking one of them. (Maybe that Ekwonu kid can beat down Crosby for me....A guy can dream) I'm hoping we can grab DT in the 2nd (Winfrey, Wyatt) or if we're lucky Jones in the 3rd. Anyway, I'm sure Staley and Co have a plan... i would really like to be able to protect Herb's right side.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post
                      I like the scenario of trading down with PGH. I too would love to see Trevor Penning toss Max Crosby down and do a big flop on him. (the SOB leg whipped our golden child once for a 'tackle' TRIED to leg whip him another time and kneed him in the back on that late sack...He needs to talk to his sponsor about learning not to be such a douche) But is it possible one of the top three OT's fall to us as well, and it would be hard to argue with taking one of them. (Maybe that Ekwonu kid can beat down Crosby for me....A guy can dream) I'm hoping we can grab DT in the 2nd (Winfrey, Wyatt) or if we're lucky Jones in the 3rd. Anyway, I'm sure Staley and Co have a plan... i would really like to be able to protect Herb's right side.
                      I see the big three OT's, Neal, Cross and Ek all going top 10.

But your right, they have to do a better job addressing RT.

Bernhard Raimann the Austrian is probably the best of class left on the board. Best chance for Chargers to match-up with the Max Crosby's of the world. Speed, quickness and strength mirror those edge rushers, just going to be a severe learning curve until coached up from Frank Smith.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

It is clear that equivocation has maturity beyond his years. It is wise to be apprehensive about Raimann's pass blocking technique and inherent lack of lateral movement. Hand placement and set points can be improved.

This issue of pass pro and Raimann is fact !

But let me throw this at you, TPB wunderkinder.

After observing Raimann's failings in Mobile, Dane Brugler still has him going to PIT at #20, a mere three spots after LAC.

As Bolt Dude, one of our savviest draftniks, has pointed out, we need to be able to run left and right. I really like Raimann's strength and elite feet for outside zone running.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          It is clear that equivocation has maturity beyond his years. It is wise to be apprehensive about Raimann's pass blocking technique and inherent lack of lateral movement. Hand placement and set points can be improved.

This issue of pass pro and Raimann is fact !

But let me throw this at you, TPB wunderkinder.

After observing Raimann's failings in Mobile, Dane Brugler still has him going to PIT at #20, a mere three spots after LAC.

As Bolt Dude, one of our savviest draftniks, has pointed out, we need to be able to run left and right. I really like Raimann's strength and elite feet for outside zone running.
                          I think the value for RT is in R2 - R3. Looking at Max Mitchell and Abraham Lucas. Maybe Braxton Jones. Otherwise, Waletzko is an interesting later round prospect, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. Let the guy we draft compete with Pipkins and Storm.

Still hoping to add power and grit to the defense front in R1. If Karlaftis slips, pounce. Otherwise, target Travon Walker.

If that fails a top CB could be acceptable, but the versatile guy we’re after will be on the board if we trade down in the first (McDuffie, Gordon, McCreary). I’m not sure any of them warrant #17 overall. That being said, I’m still licking my chops for Darious Williams in FA.
                          Last edited by Bolt Dude; 02-12-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X