• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

I'm a huge Walker fan.

Unfortunately for us he had an incredible combine. He was projected to go in the first round but now post combine is projected to go top 5, maybe even 2 to Detroit.

Hes expected to go before Hutchinson

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Sam Williams... 4.46
      Yikes!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Excluding the likes of Neal, Hutchinson, Stingley, Cross, Ekwonu, Hamilton, Gardner, and Thibodeaux.

My R1 wish list goes like this:

1. Travon Walker
        2. George Karlaftis
        3. Trent McDuffie
        4. Andrew Booth
        5. JJ3
        6. Jordan Davis
        7. David Ojabo
        8. Trevor Penning
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

What we’ve undertaken here and what’s ongoing is just establishing our way of playing from a personnel standpoint,” Staley said of his defense. “This offseason will allow us to look the way that we want to look.”

Staley also understands, adding premium speed and big time playmaker ability, they currently don’t have on this roster, is something Herbert would really exploit that defenses would have to respect. That by definition is how they want to play and look, both sides of ball. Now for right side protection, don’t have answer, maybe free agency or day two of draft?

Lets see today how the offensive lineman test out. Very interested to see how Abraham Lucas does, targeting him second round.
          40 - 4.92 seconds
          vertical - 27"
          Long jump - 107"
          bench press - 24 reps
          20 yard shuttle - 4.40 seconds
          3 cone - 7.25 seconds

height - 6'6"
          weight - 315
          hand - 10 1/2 "
          arm length - 33 7/8"

Reportedly smooth in his drills (as one would expect with the shuttle & 3 cone times)

Reportedly could replace Joe Barksdale as lead fender shredding guitarist: something Penning couldn't do.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            Excluding the likes of Neal, Hutchinson, Stingley, Cross, Ekwonu, Hamilton, Gardner, and Thibodeaux.

My R1 wish list goes like this:

1. Travon Walker
            2. George Karlaftis
            3. Trent McDuffie
            4. Andrew Booth
            5. JJ3
            6. Jordan Davis
            7. David Ojabo
            8. Trevor Penning
            1. Travon Walker - agree but availability low, 20/80
            2. Jermaine Johnson - 50/50
            3. Trent McDuffie - 50/50
            4. Chris Olave - 80/20
            5. Jameson Williams - 90/10
            6. Andrew Booth -100%

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

1. Travon Walker - agree but availability low, 20/80
              2. Jermaine Johnson - 50/50
              3. Trent McDuffie - 50/50
              4. Chris Olave - 80/20
              5. Jameson Williams - 90/10
              6. Andrew Booth -100%
              Wouldn’t be so sure about Booth. I think most teams have him as CB3. I only have McDuffie ahead because I think he’s a better fit for our particular scheme.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Wouldn’t be so sure about Booth. I think most teams have him as CB3. I only have McDuffie ahead because I think he’s a better fit for our particular scheme.
                Well if he runs a 4.4 and McDuffie a 4.5 could be in question? Off own draft board, McDuffie #16 Booth #24.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Well if he runs a 4.4 and McDuffie a 4.5 could be in question? Off own draft board, McDuffie #16 Booth #24.
                  I think you focus too much on a 40 time. Tape will be their biggest deciding factor and these workouts just make you take a closer look at them is all.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think you focus too much on a 40 time. Tape will be their biggest deciding factor and these workouts just make you take a closer look at them is all.
                    boundry or outside corner is one position along with WR where 40 is relevant.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

boundry or outside corner is one position along with WR where 40 is relevant.
                      It's not that important. I mean you don't want a slow guy but you can run a 4.1 but if you can't cover,tackle or always bite on double moves and take bad angles, it don't matter. Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitz and yes, Mike Williams will burn you. Antonio Brown ran a 4.56.

So if a 40 time is your most important criteria, you will lose out on some good players.

Instincts matter the most and you need to have quick reactions as in 3 cone speed and recognition.

And I'll put it this way, if you only draft the fastest guy at every position,... your team is not going to be very good.

Just saying speed isn't everything and I'll start with John Ross as exhibit A. His claim to fame is the fastest combine time and other than that you would never hear his name.
                      So many fast guys that were busts or didn't have good or very long careers.

I'll take a player with good speed and football smarts and agility over the blazer who isn't instinctive or smart.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Speed is not everything, it’s just one important metric for corners and receivers. For example McDuffie checked the box for me with his 4.44 meaning he can do about anything Staley needs or wants from his corner. On flip side, McGreary ran a 4.5 which doesn’t mean he can’t play the boundry just means positioning, reading and anticipation skills he possess will help him succeed. Just as important for him was lack in arm length, 30”. The UTSA physically gifted, tall and fast, corner is 4.27 Tariq Woolen, who I mocked to Chargers 5th rd probably won’t be there, despite his raw skill set and time needed to playing meaningful minutes.

Looks like Sauce checked his box, 4.41 solidifying top 10 pick. Didn’t see Booth run? Will have to wait until Clemson pro day.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Speed is not everything, it’s just one important metric for corners and receivers. For example McDuffie checked the box for me with his 4.4 meaning he can do about anything Staley needs or wants from his corner. On flip side, McGreary ran a 4.5 which doesn’t mean he can’t play the boundry just means positioning, reading and anticipation skills he possess will help him succeed. The UTSA physically gifted, tall and fast, corner is 4.27 Tariq Woolen, who I mocked to Chargers 5th rd probably won’t be there, despite his raw skill set and time needed to playing meaningful minutes.

Looks like Sauce checked his box, 4.41 solidifying top 10 pick. Didn’t see Booth run? Will have to wait until Clemson pro day.
                          I wouldn't even draft Woolen. He hasn't played a full college season in 4 years. Most he played was 9. Maybe if he was there in the 6th with one of our extras.

And yes if Sauce is there I'm drafting him. If not I've always liked McDuffie.

Comment

Working...
                          X