• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

You need sufficient speed. 4.3 v 4.4 means almost nothing compared to change of direction, mirror, and recognition skills.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

@nflrums: #Alabama WR Jameson Williams told #Dolphins scouts that he really hopes the team drafts him to play with his former teammates.

Comment

• steelbtexan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't even draft Woolen. He hasn't played a full college season in 4 years. Most he played was 9. Maybe if he was there in the 6th with one of our extras.

And yes if Sauce is there I'm drafting him. If not I've always liked McDuffie.

You dont pass on a guy with that type of athletic ability. I've got him in the late 2nd/early 3rd range.

I also like cCollum in the late 3rd/early 4th. Small school guy who tested in the 99% SPARQ. Looking at Barnes in the mid to late 4th for the same reason. I dont expect Barnes to start right away.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by steelbtexan View Post

You dont pass on a guy with that type of athletic ability. I've got him in the late 2nd/early 3rd range.

I also like cCollum in the late 3rd/early 4th. Small school guy who tested in the 99% SPARQ. Looking at Barnes in the mid to late 4th for the same reason. I dont expect Barnes to start right away.
          Being a fast athlete doesn't make him a good CB. They can get away with that more in college but not in the NFL. Not to mention he has never played even a full 12 game college season.

No way he goes 2nd round. Id probably take a flyer in the 6th or 7th.... If there isnt better value out there. I don't expect any of those guys that you mentioned to start right away. You kidding?

Scouts for teams and GMs are not just looking at guys that can run fast. You.got to have more to your game than just straight line speed. And the ones that are just looking at that won't be GM's very long.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Being a fast athlete doesn't make him a good CB. They can get away with that more in college but not in the NFL. Not to mention he has never played even a full 12 game college season.

No way he goes 2nd round. Id probably take a flyer in the 6th or 7th.... If there isnt better value out there. I don't expect any of those guys that you mentioned to start right away. You kidding?

Scouts for teams and GMs are not just looking at guys that can run fast. You.got to have more to your game than just straight line speed. And the ones that are just looking at that won't be GM's very long.
            Agreed! I am all about taking a flyer on McCollum in the 5th after his combine. The reason why, give him 2 years behind Davis to groom and take his spot once Davis hit the open market again.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Sam Williams... 4.46
              Yikes!
              Maybe it’s enough for TT to overlook the 2020 sexual battery charge. Wouldn’t count on it.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Maybe it’s enough for TT to overlook the 2020 sexual battery charge. Wouldn’t count on it.
                Not much of an edge setter either but if they can plug the middle better, that would help.

I wonder how much leeway players get with Dean on charactor issues.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Not much of an edge setter either but if they can plug the middle better, that would help.

I wonder how much leeway players get with Dean on charactor issues.
                  Agree.

From past history and current climate, I’d say not much, if any at all.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Media always transmits hype going in and coming out of the combine, no wonder good people/fans get confused and mis diagnose prospects draft value.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

McCollum tested outstanding on 3-cone and the short shuttle: so it is more than straight line speed.
                      He also is a big corner: not a 5'9" 175 pounder who will easily get bullied in the NFL.

I haven't seen him, so i don't know how this translates to his college performance.
                      Evidently, it was good enough for him to get an invite.

No doubt there are technique issues or he would easily be a day 2 pick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Give it up! William's is the Chief's 2nd round pick. He won't be available in round 3 to so much as tempt Telesco.

Comment

• steelbtexan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

I'm terrible at evaluating CB's.

But I will bet you he goes before the 6th/7th.

If I was a GM, because I'm terrible at evaluating CB's, I would make getting a CB in FA a yearly occurrence, I do think Gardner and McDuffie will be very good in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X