• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

We have only two reliable safeties, and one of them has missed two out of the last 3 years.

My big problem with the pick is Telesco's history in the 3rd round.

Does Nas Adderley move to the slot?
    No, I think this is the scheme that Staley wanted to implement with three safeties and one linebacker.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

So, should we have traded out of the 3rd or just surrender the pick?

I mean, if the problem is lack of success in the 3rd, then that applies to every player you could have picked.
      Let Snoop make the pick in the 3rd. Couldn’t be worse

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        What does this mean for Adderley? Or, are they going to use Woods at corner?
        It's pick #79. He is depth to compete with 6th and 7tb Rd picks Gilman and Webb for playing time.

The starters are Adderley and James. They better build some depth in the secondary. What if you want to play 3 safety in sub package and bring James into the box. A faster JT Woods who can cover ground over the top makes sense.

I thought Joseph-S would have been a good option at 79.
        Someone else posted Cross-S as an option for 79.
        JT Woods was in that group of mid Rd safety options.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Here we go again! There are 32 more picks in front of us before we pick again. If he wants him he has to take him now!

:2cents:
          Once again, it is piss poor strategy to reach against consensus big boards. First, the assumption that the GM is making is that he is right and all the others are wrong. If he is right, he gets fair value for the player. If he is wrong, it is a wasted reach pick.

The better approach is to let the player fall to consensus value. Then, if the player is what the GM had hoped, the GM gets extra value out of the pick. And if the GM was secretly wrong, then less is lost.

Telesco need to stop reaching 50+ draft slots when he makes these 3rd round picks as every pick of Palmer, McKitty and now J.T. Woods have been. Take a valuable third round player in the 3rd round and come back and get Woods in the 4th round where the consensus big board suggests he will still be available.

Reaching is stupid. Telesco needs to stop doing it. Do what the Ravens do and get the value for the draft slot instead of reaching to fill a position.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Before the pick 5 different people in here said pick a S. Then we pick a S and people lose their mind. Staley has a good track record of developing S and now he hand picks one for his defense.

I know everyone has their own targets they feel passionate about and it’s disappointing not to get your guy but take some deep breaths, Staley has a plan.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Kiss of death
              Better to save your bullets for round four.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Well....in my opinion, the first pick was awesome....and this pick, considering the other players that were taken within a few picks in either direction from us, pretty much sucks.

Oh well....I guess now I will just have to hope they can pull out a decent RB...outside of that, I don't see any picks left in this draft being much help to this squad outside of depth and special teams.
                RB in round 4 would be a good call...hopefully an upgrade over Rountree and Kelley...

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Once again, it is piss poor strategy to reach against consensus big boards. First, the assumption that the GM is making is that he is right and all the others are wrong. If he is right, he gets fair value for the player. If he is wrong, it is a wasted reach pick.

The better approach is to let the player fall to consensus value. Then, if the player is what the GM had hoped, the GM gets extra value out of the pick. And if the GM was secretly wrong, then less is lost.

Telesco need to stop reaching 50+ draft slots when he makes these 3rd round picks as every pick of Palmer, McKitty and now J.T. Woods have been. Take a valuable third round player in the 3rd round and come back and get Woods in the 4th round where the consensus big board suggests he will still be available.

Reaching is stupid. Telesco needs to stop doing it.
                  One of these days your gonna be wrong and we end up with another Keenan Allen type player!

:Cheers1:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                    Good god... Settle down. Let Staley build his defense. Fast and Faster. Don't you see? Look at our secondary now. We're pretty stacked. His combine numbers were off the charts.

I am fine with the pick. Bolt up bitches! :beer:
                    Thank gawd somebody said it. Bucky Brooks likes the pick. I think Staley likes the pick. Speed on D is his Modus Operandi

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Thank gawd somebody said it. Bucky Brooks likes the pick. I think Staley likes the pick. Speed on D is his Modus Operandi
                      Doesn’t matter how fast you are if you can’t tackle

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chain is gonna hate every pick cuz we passed on his boy lol.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                          Before the pick 5 different people in here said pick a S. Then we pick a S and people lose their mind. Staley has a good track record of developing S and now he hand picks one for his defense.

I know everyone has their own targets they feel passionate about and it’s disappointing not to get your guy but take some deep breaths, Staley has a plan.
                          These are good points....Im just mad that we sat on our ass and watched Travis Jones go a few picks earlier to the friggin lucky ass Ravens...a measley 6th to move up, and we could have had a steal. That bothers me. I don't care that we have SJD and Johnson....we can still use a fresh talent like Jones in that rotation...a lot more than yet another Safety....and one who's talent level will likely be around in the 4th and even 5th.

But I'm done bitching....just get me a decent RB.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X