• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Doesn’t matter how fast you are if you can’t tackle
    I saw him lay some wood in the highlight reel, also love the quote “Crushes receivers in crossing routes.”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

One of these days your gonna be wrong and we end up with another Keenan Allen type player!

:Cheers1:
      What do you mean one of these days lol

You know most of these draft boards are not run by professional scouts. I mean seriously who gives a shit what Walter football thinks?

All these draft sites are all over the place with where these guys should go and none of them are even close to the same So why be so shocked when a safety goes earlier than some draft site says?

Those draft sites also had some quarterbacks going first round top 10 top 20 with only threw have been drafted through nearly three full rounds.

Geez even I said this quarterback class was crap and worse than 2019 while draft sites had them going high and I'm just a guy on a forum.

​​​
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Let's see the coaching staff and Derwin take him under his wing. You can't teach speed.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And I think he would have been the best S on the board when we went to pick in round 4 also.
          I think you are probably right about him being there in Rd 4. But he fits Staley defense.A PON move, safety depth was a weak spot. He has the speed to can cover ground on the back end, and has 8ints over past 2 seasons.

I'm going hope he surprises and is that 3rd safety in sub packages and finds a way to take the ball away a couple times.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            Let's see the coaching staff and Derwin take him under his wing. You can't teach speed.
            Or range, jeebus he covers a lot of ground fast.

Comment

• nomad1946
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2017
              • West Yellowstone, Montana
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

These are good points....Im just mad that we sat on our ass and watched Travis Jones go a few picks earlier to the friggin lucky ass Ravens...a measley 6th to move up, and we could have had a steal. That bothers me. I don't care that we have SJD and Johnson....we can still use a fresh talent like Jones in that rotation...a lot more than yet another Safety....and one who's talent level will likely be around in the 4th and even 5th.

But I'm done bitching....just get me a decent RB.
              did you ever stop to think that maybe no one wanted to do a trade of draft picks? You have no idea if the Chargers tried to move up or not, you just assume they didn't.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Maybe Staley can coach him up...Derwin can give Woods some good tips on how to wrap up...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think you are probably right about him being there in Rd 4. But he fits Staley defense.A PON move, safety depth was a weak spot. He has the speed to can cover ground on the back end, and has 8ints over past 2 seasons.

I'm going hope he surprises and is that 3rd safety in sub packages and finds a way to take the ball away a couple times.
                  Yep...I think Woods is an instant upgrade over Gilman and Webb...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Or range, jeebus he covers a lot of ground fast.
                    BUTBUTBUTBUT.....He wasn't my guy!!!!!!!

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Make him into a WR then.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

lol.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Once again, it is piss poor strategy to reach against consensus big boards. First, the assumption that the GM is making is that he is right and all the others are wrong. If he is right, he gets fair value for the player. If he is wrong, it is a wasted reach pick.

The better approach is to let the player fall to consensus value. Then, if the player is what the GM had hoped, the GM gets extra value out of the pick. And if the GM was secretly wrong, then less is lost.

Telesco need to stop reaching 50+ draft slots when he makes these 3rd round picks as every pick of Palmer, McKitty and now J.T. Woods have been. Take a valuable third round player in the 3rd round and come back and get Woods in the 4th round where the consensus big board suggests he will still be available.

Reaching is stupid. Telesco needs to stop doing it. Do what the Ravens do and get the value for the draft slot instead of reaching to fill a position.
                          U might be right, Crusher, but Staley may have had Woods targeted...he also may have gotten intel that a few other teams were interested in Woods in late round 3 or early round 4...also, Staley must have valued a flexible safety like Woods as a big PON...

Comment

Working...
                          X