• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Rd4-7. 8picks if they dont trade anything.
    I think they draft 2RB, 2CBs, 2OT, 1WR, 1LB

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Rd4-7. 8picks if they dont trade anything.
      I think they draft 2RB, 2CBs, 2OT, 1WR, 1LB
      Maybe one more D-line...and a non-Araiza punter...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Boy KC sure went D

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Who said this was about you. Touchy a bit I see........
          Pretty clearly directed at anyone who didn't roll over and praise the pick...that group includes me. You wanna argue your case, great....but dissenting opinion doesn't equal crybaby. Lame.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Just the fact you come to this website, makes you a homer. But homers don’t have to like everything. Just don’t whine. Those are Niner fans

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Make him into a WR then.
              Don't laugh but he does have decent hands. I can see him going in for trick plays a la Deon Sanders!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

I like the pick. Maybe it was a stretch, but the guy runs like a deer and is aggressive when he tackles. Yeah, he misses some tackles, but he's got the attitude and sticks his head in there. If we want to match up with KC's speed, we need guys that can run like hell, and he's one of them. He's also tall and rangy enough to stay with Kelce. He may not be a full-time player in his first year, but he brings enough to the table to think we might have gotten a good one. Also, it appears that he is a smart player from the information TopCat posted and that bodes well. If you all think Staley wasn't in on this pick then I don't know what to say. We mighta coulda gotten him in the fourth, but maybe the Bolts weren't willing to take that chance. Also, Palmer and McKitty haven't busted, and they were our 3rd round picks last year. I expect both of them to contribute even more this year with a year of experience under their belts.

Finally, the reason why we went out and got the DL and OL in free agency and the first round is so that we could pick for talent as opposed to need. I'm certainly willing to see how this pick shakes out.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Thank gawd somebody said it. Bucky Brooks likes the pick. I think Staley likes the pick. Speed on D is his Modus Operandi
                  I hope Staley liked the pick because if he didn’t, then we have a problem on our hands lol.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

That is not true. Johnson was the 5th option in my cluster and I was fine with the pick.

But I pretty consistently do not like reaches versus consensus big boards. I do not mind Woods as a player. I just think we did not get as much value out of the pick as we should have. I would have felt a lot better about the same pick in round 4 and I think he probably still would have been on the board from everything that I have read to this point.
                    The issue with consensus boards after the first 20-30 picks is that they don’t take into account scheme fit and therefore tend to place too much emphasis on measurables, IMO. Those elite guys at the top are usually pretty scheme independent but if you look at this safety class for example after Hamilton and Dax Hill there really weren’t any scheme independent S prospects. The later you get in the draft the more that is the case, especially because those guys aren’t getting their tape looked at as closely as the first rounders.

I totally agree that ideally we are drafting BPA but if you look at the teams that are able to do that year in and year out, I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the best examples of this, they have a lot of consistency within the franchise. Our continual need to have to reshape the roster to fit new coaches/schemes is a huge hinderance in drafting for value. Hopefully Staley brings that stability for us and we can start that BPA value drafting next year. Honestly I think our roster is close to being complete enough to do that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think you are probably right about him being there in Rd 4. But he fits Staley defense.A PON move, safety depth was a weak spot. He has the speed to can cover ground on the back end, and has 8ints over past 2 seasons.

I'm going hope he surprises and is that 3rd safety in sub packages and finds a way to take the ball away a couple times.
                      Agree, may have been a 4th but he maybe not make it to our 4th. If he is a fit, is a ball hawk and fast, take him if you don't think he will make it to us. If you have no offers to trade down you got no other option.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Pretty clearly directed at anyone who didn't roll over and praise the pick...that group includes me. You wanna argue your case, great....but dissenting opinion doesn't equal crybaby. Lame.
                        I am not gonna argue anything. You just need to get some thicker skin if a meme can hurt your feelings.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

On a positive note, there is still some nice RB talent left, as well as a few interesting Edge prospects, and 2 DTs I like in Butler and Winfrey.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X