• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
    I like the pick. Maybe it was a stretch, but the guy runs like a deer and is aggressive when he tackles. Yeah, he misses some tackles, but he's got the attitude and sticks his head in there. If we want to match up with KC's speed, we need guys that can run like hell, and he's one of them. He's also tall and rangy enough to stay with Kelce. He may not be a full-time player in his first year, but he brings enough to the table to think we might have gotten a good one. Also, it appears that he is a smart player from the information TopCat posted and that bodes well. If you all think Staley wasn't in on this pick then I don't know what to say. We mighta coulda gotten him in the fourth, but maybe the Bolts weren't willing to take that chance. Also, Palmer and McKitty haven't busted, and they were our 3rd round picks last year. I expect both of them to contribute even more this year with a year of experience under their belts.

Finally, the reason why we went out and got the DL and OL in free agency and the first round is so that we could pick for talent as opposed to need. I'm certainly willing to see how this pick shakes out.
    People are going to be shitting themselves when they see how much better this defense is next season!

:shifty:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I am not gonna argue anything. You just need to get some thicker skin if a meme can hurt your feelings.
      :sigh:
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Rd4-7. 8picks if they dont trade anything.
        I think they draft 2RB, 2CBs, 2OT, 1WR, 1LB

Replace one of the RB with edge, one of the CB with DT, and one of the OT with a punter.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

To second that there are quite a few good prospects for round 4.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

The problem with the concensus is that they are retarded. The concensus said Tom Brady was trash. Go against the concensus and you win almost every time.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

The issue with consensus boards after the first 20-30 picks is that they don’t take into account scheme fit and therefore tend to place too much emphasis on measurables, IMO. Those elite guys at the top are usually pretty scheme independent but if you look at this safety class for example after Hamilton and Dax Hill there really weren’t any scheme independent S prospects. The later you get in the draft the more that is the case, especially because those guys aren’t getting their tape looked at as closely as the first rounders.

I totally agree that ideally we are drafting BPA but if you look at the teams that are able to do that year in and year out, I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the best examples of this, they have a lot of consistency within the franchise. Our continual need to have to reshape the roster to fit new coaches/schemes is a huge hinderance in drafting for value. Hopefully Staley brings that stability for us and we can start that BPA value drafting next year. Honestly I think our roster is close to being complete enough to do that.
              The other issue with consensus boards is that after the top 40 or so prospects, 75% of draft "experts" making these big boards that go into the consensus boards don't actually do their own work. They're just copying each other. Which ruins the whole consensus thing.

I wanted Nick Cross but it's not like I actually scouted him, just read profiles. 2 of the "steals" I actually personally scouted (Raimann and Dean) I had 3rd round grades on. But Brandon Thorn likes Raimann so everyone likes Raimann. That's not consensus, that's groupthink.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                The problem with the concensus is that they are retarded. The concensus said Tom Brady was trash. Go against the concensus and you win almost every time.
                Well, that's also what gets you Craig Mager.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Dean was picked at 83th !

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Given all their draft capital, KC's draft has largely sucked.
                    Crusher, speaking of the Queefs not so impressive draft, they closed out their last pick today with a slow LB who can't cover:

Leo Chenal, LB Wisconsin
                    6-3, 250#

Draft Scouting Report:
                    Rating: 82.87 (Long-term starter)
                    Pro Comparison: Vince Williams

Strengths:
                    Built like old-school middle linebacker. Shoots gaps, fights through blocks and can be very disruptive in the backfield. Never accused of running around blocks -- he consistently takes the shortest distance to the ball. In fact, he's among the best in this class at flowing to the ball on zone reads, beating offensive linemen to the spot, and then knifing into the backfield to disrupt the play. Like having a defensive lineman at the second level in terms of toughness.

Weaknesses:
                    While he shows an ability to drop into zones, his coverage responsibilities are the weakest part of this game. As such, his change of direction in the open field is just average, and the primary question NFL teams will have to answer is if he is a three-down player at the next level.

CBS Sports has the latest NFL Draft updates. Track your favorite teams and prospects for each round of the 2024 NFL Draft.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

FYI I still don't like the Tre McKitty or Larry Rountree picks. Or Kenneth Murray. Didn't like them at the time, didn't like them the day after, don't like them now.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        Dean was picked at 83th !
                        Pec injury he reportedly told teams he refuses to get surgery on. The injury and the attitude concerning getting it taken care of definitely had an effect on his fall.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          FYI I still don't like the Tre McKitty or Larry Rountree picks. Or Kenneth Murray. Didn't like them at the time, didn't like them the day after, don't like them now.
                          Don't like Rountree or Kelley...McKitty is still TBD...

Comment

Working...
                          X