Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

First of all welcome to the Blues.

I cant speak for the rest of the forum....but when we made this pick...i thought of around 5 failed 3rd rounders by TT. So i can only speak for myself in this regard. Its not about consensus rankings etc. Its about Teleco and his knack for throwing away 3rd round pics on guys that make little impact or even make the team.

That in a nutshell was what i thought about when we drafted this kid. But he led the country in picks. He has a knack for playing center field. And i think his speed makes his range and ball awareness something special to work with. I think this is sort of that type of player. Someone who can sit back and pick off passes after our pass rush proves to be the best in the league.

You put Mack and KVN on edge...Bosa inside and send 4 on obvious pass downs. This kid should be able to clean up. But 3rd rounders carry a hell of a lot of darkness when it comes to TT and the Chargers.

So my guess is that those here that are going with the reach angle....might actually just be dealing with some TT insanity. You know doing the same thing over and over. In the 3rd round.

I typically always come around on players. Lets see how he does. But again that 3rd round stigma is hard to take with our history. Justin Jones was ok.

Pipkins. Mager. Watt, Tuerk. McKitty maybe? Feeney? Nobody was worth that 3rd rounder.
    You are ripping a large band aid off of a gaping wound here.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

First of all welcome to the Blues.

I cant speak for the rest of the forum....but when we made this pick...i thought of around 5 failed 3rd rounders by TT. So i can only speak for myself in this regard. Its not about consensus rankings etc. Its about Teleco and his knack for throwing away 3rd round pics on guys that make little impact or even make the team.

That in a nutshell was what i thought about when we drafted this kid. But he led the country in picks. He has a knack for playing center field. And i think his speed makes his range and ball awareness something special to work with. I think this is sort of that type of player. Someone who can sit back and pick off passes after our pass rush proves to be the best in the league.

You put Mack and KVN on edge...Bosa inside and send 4 on obvious pass downs. This kid should be able to clean up. But 3rd rounders carry a hell of a lot of darkness when it comes to TT and the Chargers.

So my guess is that those here that are going with the reach angle....might actually just be dealing with some TT insanity. You know doing the same thing over and over. In the 3rd round.

I typically always come around on players. Lets see how he does. But again that 3rd round stigma is hard to take with our history. Justin Jones was ok.

Pipkins. Mager. Watt, Tuerk. McKitty maybe? Feeney? Nobody was worth that 3rd rounder.
      Only KA and Jones were worth their picks so far. Palmer and McKitty are still unknowns especially the latter who came on late. Feeney seemed like such a great pick after his rookie season. Too bad he never progressed.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

so because the previous 3rd round picks were busts means Woods will be too?

Give the kid a chance

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Good news is he appears to have settled whatever issue he had with the injury waiver and is now participating in OTAs.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Have any of you looked at past 3rd Rds draft classes.
            Think there is some overrating what you can get out of it. Check who else was picked in that round.. Large majority didn't do anything special for NFL teams that drafted them.

2013. K.Allen
            Homerun.

2014 Watt.
            Strikeout

2015 Mager
            Strikeout

2016 Tuerk.
            Strikeout

2017 Feeney.
            As of right now no other 3rd Rd pick from that draft has appeared in more games than the 79 games for Feeney.
            And 62 starts.
            Single.

2018 J.Jones he was okay.
            Ground out.

2019 Pipkins at pick #93 he has appeared in 38 games more than the next 3 OTs selected after him. Of course if you wanted the Edge Crosby at the time he was a available. But if you wanted an OT ....then it's not like the next 3 guys have outperformed Pipkins. TBD.
            Count is full, 2 out bottom of 9th.

2020 traded.
            Game moved.

2021 Palmer#77 TBD, McKitty #97 TBD Only 7 of the 2021 3rd Rd picks appeared in all 17 regular season games. Palmer was one of them.
            Man on 1st, no outs.

2022 JT.HBK.Woods#22 at #79 TBD.
            On Deck.
            Been years since an actual Strikeout in the 3rd.
            Why so nervous about JT Woods?
            The kid is a good prospect.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I liked what Derwin James had to say about J.T. Woods. Most of what he said about Woods is within the first three minutes of the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Post draft 2018 1st Rd grades.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/201...saquon-barkley

S.Darnold - A
                J.Rosen - A+
                J.Allen - F
                B.Mayfield - C
                L.Jackson - A+

I think this guy used the consensus board to grade the picks as J. Allen per consensus was the lowest ranked of these 5 QB with many sites ranking him outside Rd 1. And therefore a huge reach at #7. And per consensus value they should have traded down as the consensus board said Allen would still be available early Rd 2. Picking this guy a full Rd higher than consensus board was very poor draft strategy by Bills per consensus Chaincrusher analysis. And worthy of the F grade.
                Critty, as gently as I can say this, your representation of what I have been discussing is way off base.

What I have said is that teams should not engage in big reaches versus consensus big boards. I have further clarified that a big reach means more than one full round before where the consensus big board has the player listed.

NFL Mock Draft Database, the same consensus big board I have been citing all along in this thread, had Josh Allen ranked #13 overall. The Bills took Allen with the #7 overall pick. So that is not anywhere close to what I am talking about.

What we did with Woods was to take a late 4th round consensus ranked player with a mid 3rd round pick. We took the player more than a full round before his consensus big board ranking. That is what I would like our team to steer clear of doing. It does not resemble in any way what happened with Josh Allen.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

CC....just for the sake of keeping this thread open...lets try and move away from the reach discussion. We see your take. I get it.

This also goes for anyone else trying to engage CC regarding this. We have dead horse smileys for a reason here. lol

How about lets start to support the kid and see how it plays out.

Ill say this about TT and reaches. He doesnt believe in them. He doesnt believe in value either. So lets not be shocked when he does this sort of thing. Its not part of his philosophy. I know some think it should be....but its not. Didnt AJ Smith also due quite a bit of this?

Lets move on. I dont want this thread to get locked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    CC....just for the sake of keeping this thread open...lets try and move away from the reach discussion. We see your take. I get it.

This also goes for anyone else trying to engage CC regarding this. We have dead horse smileys for a reason here. lol

Ill say this about TT and reaches. He doesnt believe in them. He doesnt believe in value either. So lets not be shocked when he does this sort of thing. Its not part of his philosophy. I know some think it should be....but its not. Didnt AJ Smith also due quite a bit of this?

I would be happy to do that, Fleet.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Exactly why would this thread need to get locked?
                      What is the threat here that needs to be controlled and contained?

I'd imagine this thread would wind down organically on its own and be yesterday's news even if there were 8 more pages of debated on the JT Woods reach.

I just had a post of 10 sentences and JT Woods was mentioned 4 times in about 100 words. But since it was related to the reach topic in regard to the Woods selection. it was not approved. Slippery slope if you ask me trying to be the OT Police.

Why don't you tell me what is OT in regard to Woods draft pick thread. Or is it the amount of OT. And exactly when does that horse die and now it's time to move on?

Baylor? Yes.
                      Combine? Yes.
                      His favorite foods? Yes.
                      5 time honor roll student. Yes.

Drafted in 3rd good or bad reach move posts?
                      Yes, but until it's a dead horse. Then move on or it's locked.

If the favorite food went on until the horse dies, is that where you again show up to threaten the lock thread. And say hey, no more talk about JT Woods liking pizza more than tacos or I'm locking the thread.

It is the Welcome JT Woods thread. So only post that Welcome him to the team are truly OT and everything else is not approved. Now that is staying 100% OT.

Dont be that guy Fleet. You've never been that guy.
                      It's better allow users freedom to post, ignore, participate as they choose than save us with the OT Police. Especially since it doesn't have any smell of being save from anything, but It does have an odor of control needlessly exerting itself to accomplish what. You have better things to do than be the OT Police.

Now just watch how this OT Police move is now the catalyst that makes this thread die along with the horse Chainy road in on.

:tired:
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I would be happy to do that, Fleet.
                        Good man. Aloha to you.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Exactly why would this thread need to get locked?
                          What is the threat here that needs to be controlled and contained?

I'd imagine this thread would wind down organically on its own and be yesterday's news even if there were 8 more pages of debated on the JT Woods reach.

I just had a post of 10 sentences and JT Woods was mentioned 4 times in about 100 words. But since it was related to the reach topic in regard to the Woods selection. it was not approved. Slippery slope if you ask me trying to be the OT Police.

Why don't you tell me what is OT in regard to Woods draft pick thread. Or is it the amount of OT. And exactly when does that horse die and now it's time to move on?

Baylor? Yes.
                          Combine? Yes.
                          His favorite foods? Yes.
                          5 time honor roll student. Yes.

Drafted in 3rd good or bad reach move posts?
                          Yes, but until it's a dead horse. Then move on or it's locked.

If the favorite food went on until the horse dies, is that where you again show up to threaten the lock thread. And say hey, no more talk about JT Woods liking pizza more than tacos or I'm locking the thread.

It is the Welcome JT Woods thread. So only post that Welcome him to the team are truly OT and everything else is not approved. Now that is staying 100% OT.

Dont be that guy Fleet. You've never been that guy.
                          It's better allow users freedom to post, ignore, participate as they choose than save us with the OT Police. Especially since it doesn't have any smell of being save from anything, but It does have an odor of control needlessly exerting itself to accomplish what. You have better things to do than be the OT Police.

Now just watch how this OT Police move is now the catalyst that makes this thread die along with the horse Chainy road in on.

:tired:
                          Is what it is.. Moving on. Aloha mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X