• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Tom Brady in the 4th would have been a reach too. So would Dan Fouts in the 1st. Gates in the 7th. Draft slots are and always will be a guess.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Let me say it again. As far as I am aware, I am the only person on this forum that had the top 3 QBs in the correct order in terms of how good each would be relative to each other.

Nobody got Herbert exactly right, nobody. At least I got Herbert right as the best QB of the 2020 draft class. Just about everyone else thought Joe Burrow was the best QB in the draft class and that Tagovailoa was the second best. I was more right than anyone else in a situation in which everyone was wrong at least to some degree.

Our front office decided that they were taking a QB no matter what. From that position, neither our front office nor you get any credit when other teams made the choice for us as to which QB we were getting.

Had you been on record like me as saying that Herbert was the best QB in the draft class, then maybe you would deserve some credit for your position.

Like I said, I am not going to sweat at all the fact that I had another player ranked higher than Herbert. Everyone got Herbert wrong and wrong to a significant degree. I was more right than everyone else, but I was wrong about just how great he would end up being and I have always acknowledged that.

Even if I were all wrong about Herbert, and I was not (only partially wrong), that would not even speak to any issue in this thread. It is simply poor argumentation offered on your part, which is a tell that you realize the positions you have taken in this thread are weak.
      No, you were not more right than everyone else. No, everyone did not get him wrong.

You drafted a hybrid LB/S over a generational elite starting NFL QB, and you badger the entire forum on the value of a free safety taken in the third round. Lol
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No, you were not more right than everyone else. No, everyone did not get him wrong.

You drafted a hybrid LB/S over a generational elite starting NFL QB, and you badger the entire forum on the value of a free safety taken in the third round. Lol
        First, please show me where another poster had Herbert ranked ahead of Burrow and Burrow ahead of Tagovailoa right before the 2020 NFL Draft. I want to see a post from that pre-draft time (besides my own) that had Herbert ranked ahead of Burrow and Burrow ranked ahead of Tagovailoa. Until you show that, I was more right about Herbert than anyone else. If/when you show that, then that other person would have been as right as I was and I still will have been as right or more right about Herbert than anyone else was. Get it?!

Everyone did get Herbert wrong to a degree as everyone, including the team itself, undervalued Herbert. I got him less wrong than most and, since you apparently cannot discern reality, I did not draft anyone in the 2020 NFL draft.

But all of that said, only in the world of your boneheaded and bizarre thought processes would my being more right than most about Herbert have any bearing on my view that teams should not engage in significant reaches against consensus big boards as a general proposition.

Our first round selection in the 2020 NFL Draft has nothing to do with the general draft strategy point that I have outlined in this thread and it is incompetent reasoning to suggest otherwise.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Can we officially make "chainjacked" a forum word?

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            Can we officially make "chainjacked" a forum word?
            Give me a break. I was silent on this thread for a number of days until several other posters began talking smack about me even to the point of bringing up irrelevant past nonsense having nothing to do with this thread.

I would pleased to focus on rooting for and cheering for Woods, but others seem to have different ideas.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

First, please show me where another poster had Herbert ranked ahead of Burrow and Burrow ahead of Tagovailoa right before the 2020 NFL Draft. I want to see a post from that pre-draft time (besides my own) that had Herbert ranked ahead of Burrow and Burrow ranked ahead of Tagovailoa. Until you show that, I was more right about Herbert than anyone else. If/when you show that, then that other person would have been as right as I was and I still will have been as right or more right about Herbert than anyone else was. Get it?!

Everyone did get Herbert wrong to a degree as everyone, including the team itself, undervalued Herbert. I got him less wrong than most and, since you apparently cannot discern reality, I did not draft anyone in the 2020 NFL draft.

But all of that said, only in the world of your boneheaded and bizarre thought processes would my being more right than most about Herbert have any bearing on my view that teams should not engage in significant reaches against consensus big boards as a general proposition.

Our first round selection in the 2020 NFL Draft has nothing to do with the general draft strategy point that I have outlined in this thread and it is incompetent reasoning to suggest otherwise.
              you insistence you are right and all others wrong on JT required an assessment of your credibility. Alas, you are not all-knowing. You wanted to draft Simmons over Herbert. I wanted to draft Herbert. There’s one that was more right than you and I didn’t need a search.

So you weren’t more right than everyone, case closed and your assertion is proven untrue. But its bigger than who was more wrong than you. Its how incredibly wrong you were. It doesnt matter who you ranked 1,2,3 if you then pick a S/LB hybrid instead of the next great NFL QB when your team literally does not have a starting QB. That was a worse decision than any pick TT ever made.

I’m not anti-chain. I just agreed with you in a different thread. I am happy to do so, as i am happy to admit when I don’t know. We are all human and all flawed. but I hate bullies and you are a bully. i hate know it alls who really don’t and Simmons over Herbert is the ultimate don’t know shit.

Just reposition your hysterical adamant inflexible ranting about JT to its your opinion and then let the kid take a few snaps in the NFL and we’ll all find out together. Allow others to hold alternate opinions without bullying them into submission, and all will be fine again in whoville. Cmon chain - join with me?

And if you could stop stating guesses as proven fact …

internet explain GIF

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Give me a break. I was silent on this thread for a number of days until several other posters began talking smack about me even to the point of bringing up irrelevant past nonsense having nothing to do with this thread.

I would pleased to focus on rooting for and cheering for Woods, but others seem to have different ideas.
                Agree. There was no reason to dredge that old stuff back, other than to harrass, and this board suffers. Everyone... move on.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

They are going to use Woods at bench. Another Telesco 3rd round major reach.
                  You were on page 2 of this thread, no one had said a word about you.

that you don’t even know that you constantly hijack threads is scary. You’ve become a verb.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You were on page 2 of this thread, no one had said a word about you.

that you don’t even know that you constantly hijack threads is scary. You’ve become a verb.
                    STOP.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

I like the pick.

I was looking at Nick Cross, and still thi k Cross would be a good fit here, but after watching Woods' film he clearly has NFL attributes and the experience and coaching to be a day 1 starter. Baylor is a big school that llays big time D and Aranda is a good coach who runs a similar D.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Staley and Telesco chose JT Woods over excellent players (Nick Cross, Marcus Jones, Coby Bryant, DeMarvin Leal, Perrion Winfrey, Nakobe Dean, and Channing Tindal). They knew exactly who they wanted and why... even if most of us didn't.

Staley and Telesco also moved very quickly in free agency on JC Jackson, Khalil Mack, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, and Christian Covington... yes, Christian Covington (signed March 17th). Again, they knew exactly who they wanted and why... JC, SJD, and AJ were very obvious. Mack was just being greedy! But they recognized that Mack did things in Staley's defense that 2nd round EDGE players just couldn't do. But Covington...? What does Staley see that none of us do...? Is he the perfect candidate for the 4i Tite...?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

STOP.
                          Ok

Comment

Working...