2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    If Bijan is gone I wouldn't hate grabbing Gibbs.To everyone that says we have to run block better to improve our sorry ass run game well get use to what we have cuz barring injury this o line good or bad is pretty much set in stone.The Only other alternative or addition is a true #1 RB which Eke is not and never will be.Gibbs Along with Eke I think would vastly improve our shitty run game and finally give our offense a balanced attack.Now if Bijan falls to us I think him and Eke would do serious damage to opposing defenses which would allow Herb to go off too.
    Yep...if Ekkie walks, and Bijan is gone @#21, I think if Gibbs is there we gotta take him. Love Gibbs's explosiveness, vision, jukes...he's the whole package...a threat to take the rock to the house on every touch...sweet!

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Gibbs at 21 is legit.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Re:Washington
        Everything I've been saying.
        Cheatcode.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Two guys who may or may not make it to day 3...but if they do, they could be dynamite pickups in adding depth and youth and speed to the WR corp.

Bryce Ford Wheaton-BFW has tremendous size at 6-4 221, ran one of the better 40s in the high 4.3 range, and the tape shows good hands and ball skills, highpointing, great catch radius...after his surprise 40, I checked him out...again, I compare to Michael Floyd, only faster...a true MW backup.

A.T. Perry- 6-3, little over 200, decent speed, and plenty of experience working both the middle of the field...but also enough speed to get over the top at times...developed route tree, good production...a true KA backup. Not a superb athlete, but a pretty good football player...a chain mover. Only knock I can see is not a ton of YAC...but a lot of his reps were in heavy traffic/coverage...a lot of contested catches, which is a good thing in and of itself.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

I don't see many glaring holes on this roster, save for slot corner(not overly hard to fill, and we do have some young guys in the stale)...and that is assuming they like Alohi at safety...and some of our in house guys at the other positions...but I do see us sitting on a ton of depth issues...especially WR and Dline...can't believe they are letting so many of these roll players/depth guys we had last year float away, so my guess is they are counting on the draft a ton for depth...I glean 2 big things from this...

1. Can't see a trade up.
            2. Can't see a TE early.

For me, too bad on TEs...cuz I'm sure I've made it clear I love this group, lol...but hard to imagine anything but dline(Edge and/or DT) and WR first 2 days...maybe a DB. But you never know...

Thing is, they kept Everett, brought back Parnham, still have McKitty, and rumors they love this Smartt kid...doesn't look good...

As of now? My prediction, if I had to lay a bet, would be dline, Edge or DT, first 2 picks. Really good players at both positions thru round 2, but to my eyes, pretty good drop off after.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Gibbs at 21 is legit.
              No doubt there is a drool factor, watching Gibbs play...but I just can't do it. Too many other very good players, who can impact this team, could be had here...only way I could get behind Gibbs, is if it was after a trade down that netted us another day 2 pick, preferably a second.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                I don't see many glaring holes on this roster, save for slot corner(not overly hard to fill, and we do have some young guys in the stale)...and that is assuming they like Alohi at safety...and some of our in house guys at the other positions...but I do see us sitting on a ton of depth issues...especially WR and Dline...can't believe they are letting so many of these roll players/depth guys we had last year float away, so my guess is they are counting on the draft a ton for depth...I glean 2 big things from this...

1. Can't see a trade up.
                2. Can't see a TE early.

For me, too bad on TEs...cuz I'm sure I've made it clear I love this group, lol...but hard to imagine anything but dline(Edge and/or DT) and WR first 2 days...maybe a DB. But you never know...

Thing is, they kept Everett, brought back Parnham, still have McKitty, and rumors they love this Smartt kid...doesn't look good...

As of now? My prediction, if I had to lay a bet, would be dline, Edge or DT, first 2 picks. Really good players at both positions thru round 2, but to my eyes, pretty good drop off after.
                BPA.
                TT knows there will be people looking for jobs.
                Of course it cannot happen until after the draft.
                One year deals.
                Surprise development of young players we consider scrubs and draft busts is an important element.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...if Ekkie walks, and Bijan is gone @#21, I think if Gibbs is there we gotta take him. Love Gibbs's explosiveness, vision, jukes...he's the whole package...a threat to take the rock to the house on every touch...sweet!
                  The whole package includes extra power to run inside for tough yards and game a couple all on your own when needed. He doesn’t have that, but he’s got the rest. A great zone runner, good vision and acceleration into and out of gaps

Eke is not walking in 2023 and nobody is going to step forward and offer a deal that LAC will accept. Gibbs is somewhat redundant this year, but will be very big in 2024 when Eke is not re-signed. Does LAC spend 2023 #1 on a huge weapon for 2024-on? Honest question, can see either side.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    https://youtu.be/zPJsYuZp65o

Re:Washington
                    Everything I've been saying.
                    Cheatcode.
                    Those guys are spot on with Rochon. Indeed if Bijan wasnt at Texas, Rochon would be the #1 RB there and have good numbers. Bijan is still better but Rochon would be very good but now is a relative unknown.
                    He has been on my RB list so if Bijan goes before us, he is one to look for later. And there are others but dude is 219 lbs and has the quicks, just not the long speed.

They also just reinforce how good Kincaid can be. Awesome body control and hands. I know some here that arent on his bandwagon is because he hasnt run a forty but when he does, they will change their tune. Some here use that as their gauge which is wrong butt thats how it is. It isnt my deciding factor. I still love Tillman as well who ran a 4.55.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Those guys are spot on with Rochon. Indeed if Bijan wasnt at Texas, Rochon would be the #1 RB there and have good numbers. Bijan is still better but Rochon would be very good but now is a relative unknown.
                      He has been on my RB list so if Bijan goes before us, he is one to look for later. And there are others but dude is 219 lbs and has the quicks, just not the long speed.

They also just reinforce how good Kincaid can be. Awesome body control and hands. I know some here that arent on his bandwagon is because he hasnt run a forty but when he does, they will change their tune. Some here use that as their gauge which is wrong butt thats how it is. It isnt my deciding factor. I still love Tillman as well who ran a 4.55.
                      I don’t know he’d be #1, but he runs strong and tough inside. Average speed but he runs low inside and hard inside and gets leverage on DL and LBs to gain those extra couple. If we don’t get LT+Sanders, which I doubt we do, he’s definitely a guy to look at early Day3.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know he’d be #1, but he runs strong and tough inside. Average speed but he runs low inside and hard inside and gets leverage on DL and LBs to gain those extra couple. If we don’t get LT+Sanders, which I doubt we do, he’s definitely a guy to look at early Day3.
                        I mean he would be #1 at Texas, not in this draft. Who knows what numbers he would put up if he were number 1 RB there. His YPC was 6.0 to Bijans 6.1 but Bijan also had a bigger workload and was schemed against. Rochon played some snaps in the wildcat and is more a run through you than make you miss type but he has jukes as well.

Im not sayig at all that Rochon IS Bijan. He is not!

Im just saying the guy can play.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I mean he would be #1 at Texas, not in this draft. Who knows what numbers he would put up if he were number 1 RB there. His YPC was 6.0 to Bijans 6.1 but Bijan also had a bigger workload and was schemed against. Rochon played some snaps in the wildcat and is more a run through you than make you miss type but he has jukes as well.

Im not sayig at all that Rochon IS Bijan. He is not!

Im just saying the guy can play.
                          Rochon is more accessible than Bjian. 3rd rd. cluster!

Keep rolling through top 30-40 prospects and see best fits, who may draft who when & where then project, rotating players in & out from #21 is the game we play. Teams picking before the Chargers are the frustrating ones, 17) Pittsburgh Steelers 18) Detroit Lions 19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20) Seattle Seahawks. Odds are high they will be selecting good to better football players, Chargers would love to have or need. Talking CB, Edge, DL.

So I just dropped down and dipped into that next cluster who should still be on the board and keep coming back to a certain power rusher, to mentor behind Mack, still flying under the radar is Kansas State DE Felix Anudike-Uzomah. 6-3 255 33 1/2" arm length and 9 5/8" hands. Love his athleticism, power and nasty demeanor to develop his ceiling as one of the top edge rushers in this loaded class.​

Comment

Working...
                          X