2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Jalen Moreno-Cropper
    WR/KR
    Fresno State
    4.4 in Indy
    Round 5
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Glad we don't need a QB. Well franchise QB.anyways.
      They are really talking up Stroud but think our guys is much better.
      Richardson is big and ran fast, inconsistent thrower.
      Don't like Levis.

Late round QB ...I was thinking Dorian Tjompson - Robinson but gotta say, Stetson Bennett threw very well today and had a nice deep ball. Looked much better than Robinson...and has better tape but wasn't thinking he would much in the NFL. I elevate him since then. But we are talking backup .....eventual backup.
      He is kinda small but he is a gamer. Only problem is he is 25, but as a backup, no big deal.

Don't like Tune or Duggan.​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's the worst signing we've had in twenty years. Not only was he incapable of playing from day one last year his contract will affect us this season as well. This guy spent Herbert's bonus money that we could have spent elsewhere. I had serious trepidation about signing this guy and it came out way worse than I expected.
        I'm pretty sure we were all geeked up when Jackson was signed, no?? I can't recall any dissenters. I'm not putting his signing down as a mistake - I believe he would have come around make an impact if not for the injury. Telesco's made his share of errors - but JC Jackson wasn't one of them.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I'm pretty sure we were all geeked up when Jackson was signed, no?? I can't recall any dissenters. I'm not putting his signing down as a mistake - I believe he would have come around make an impact if not for the injury. Telesco's made his share of errors - but JC Jackson wasn't one of them.
          I was happy initially with the JC Jackson signing, however as soon as he played here many posters pointed out his game didn't really fit Staley's system and for what they needed at the position. I really believe probably it was Brandon Staley who wanted Mack & JC Jackson and sold TT and owners into signing them. Also the JT Woods draft pick after we drafted him Brandon Staley was really talking up his game and was excited about him saying he could even play DB in certain formations. That is until he took the field.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

TEs

Kincaid not running,... To run at pro day.

Mayer 4.72
            LaPorta 4.59
            Washington 4.65
            Kraft 4.7
            Musgrave 4.61
            Whyle 4.69
            Mallory 4.54
            Durham 4.87
            Schoonmaker 4.63
            Kuntz 4.55
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-04-2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I was happy initially with the JC Jackson signing, however as soon as he played here many posters pointed out his game didn't really fit Staley's system and for what they needed at the position. I really believe probably it was Brandon Staley who wanted Mack & JC Jackson and sold TT and owners into signing them. Also the JT Woods draft pick after we drafted him Brandon Staley was really talking up his game and was excited about him saying he could even play DB in certain formations. That is until he took the field.
              JCJ was rehabbing a sore ankle before the season ending injury. We never saw him play a single Chargers game fully healthy. It would be fair to say he'd be a better fit in either scheme when healthy. Might have been a reason for the head Trainer Damon Mitchell cut. He shouldn't have said he was good to go.
              Woods- everyone says "you can't teach speed" He has that and a nose for the ball. Hopefully DB Coach Donatell can get him squared away in scheme play.
              Last edited by sonorajim; 03-04-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Jalen Moreno-Cropper
                WR/KR
                Fresno State
                4.4 in Indy
                Round 5
                I saw that.
                The WR group is deep.
                I hope we wait until 5-7.
                Maybe double-dip if Jalen doesn't come back cheap.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

2 thoughts

Washington's time is impressive for a big man.

Hoping the raiders trade the farm for that little shrimp Bryce Young.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I saw that.
                    The WR group is deep.
                    I hope we wait until 5-7.
                    Maybe double-dip if Jalen doesn't come back cheap.
                    My ideas are finally starting to crystallize. This has been a challenging off season at the woodeye Scouting Bureau.

March 15. The starting gun goes off.

Meanwhile I will continue to lurk, watch film, and observe TPB postings. Back to gleaning intel from reading favorite pundits and draft pros.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

See rotating position groups each day, summarizing and digesting results. The two horrific elements to Staley build and right side of OL, even after addressing both in offseason is disturbing to say the least.

So doesn’t it have to be most impactful defensive prospect with sound tackling and edge versatility, rightful target? Great edge class, especially 1st rd.

Right side, specially RT must be addressed in 2nd as Chargers move on from Pipkins era.

I’ve done multiple mocks, board movement this draft class is all over. Getting cap down & tweaking roster in free agency will impact draft class greatly.

21. Nolan Smith, Edge Georgia 6’2” 238 32 5/8” arms (Slater 33”) ran 4.39 forty 1.52 10 yard split 41 1/2” vert and 10’ 8” bj. Most importantly the tape, leadership and Championship pedigree.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Have to wait a few hours to see the OL run but would be interested in any three of these with - see how they look

54a. Darnell Wright, 6-5 352
                        54b. Anton Harrison, 6-5 315
                        54c. DaWand Jones, 6-8 375

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

I am sticking with my crush on Darnell Washington

Big beast ran well and made catch of the day. Under used in college could become a killer blocker and devastating weapon as receiver

Comment

Working...
                          X