2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think he's good but not great. My favorite is Myles Murphy because a person who can run sub 4.6 forty at 275 is not human but a monster. Top ten pick in a draft without the other two Anderson and Wilson.
    Murphy will be long gone by our pick.

Jim Miiler & Pat Kirwin did a mock yesterday between them alternating picks. Murphy, Kincaid, Bijan were all gone before our pick. Not that its real and i didnt agree with all their selections to teams but it was interesting. I didnt get thru the whole first round as they took too long and i reached my destination.

Whats with Sirius having commercials? Thought that was a selling point? That and they talked to Jordon Addison between picks....who had a snoozer personality.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

What Are The Chances?!?

EYE want to know!

EWE make the call!

Is your personal estimation as a poster on this forum, do you believe that either:

(1) the Chargers will have a plan in place on (or before) Draft Day that involves trading Austin Ekeler to another team?

Or...

(2) No. You believe that Ekeler won't be traded on or before Draft Day. He'll be a Charger at the draft's conclusion.

Reaction!!!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thing is that, case by case, you can make a credible argument that each of 25 different players will be off the board by the time the Chargers are on the clock at #21.

So it make *not* be Murphy, and it probably WON'T be, but SOMEbody who's a legit Top 15 prospect will be available at #21...

And if so? There's an 80% chance the prospect in question plays a position that the Chargers consider a priority.

So I personally am not among the "Woe is us!" crowd. I see a pick at #21 that the large majority of us will be geeked about.

I view the odds of trading down as, like, 10%.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Thing is that, case by case, you can make a credible argument that each of 25 different players will be off the board by the time the Chargers are on the clock at #21.

So it make *not* be Murphy, and it probably WON'T be, but SOMEbody who's a legit Top 15 prospect will be available at #21...

And if so? There's an 80% chance the prospect in question plays a position that the Chargers consider a priority.

So I personally am not among the "Woe is us!" crowd. I see a pick at #21 that the large majority of us will be geeked about.

I view the odds of trading down as, like, 10%.
          Kinda where I’m at, not sure what happens on draft day with Ekeler, though.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think he's good but not great. My favorite is Myles Murphy because a person who can run sub 4.6 forty at 275 is not human but a monster. Top ten pick in a draft without the other two Anderson and Wilson.
            Miles Murphy probably won't be there @#21.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Kinda where I’m at, not sure what happens on draft day with Ekeler, though.
              10-1 odds the answer is nothing.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I'm reading that Bijan R. is moving up the draft boards, maybe top 10. He won't fall to the Chargers and it would take a lot of draft capital to trade up to 10 or higher to get him.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

There are probably 25 players that I wouldn't mind seeing them pick, so picking at 21 gives me a pretty good chance that they will get to pick a player I like. Whoever he is and whatever position he plays, I hope he turns out to be a rookie of the year.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    There are probably 25 players that I wouldn't mind seeing them pick, so picking at 21 gives me a pretty good chance that they will get to pick a player I like. Whoever he is and whatever position he plays, I hope he turns out to be a rookie of the year.
                    4-5 QBs will go before we pick so the odds that you’ll get a guy you like go up significantly.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jim Miiler & Pat Kirwin did a mock yesterday between them alternating picks. Murphy, Kincaid, Bijan were all gone before our pick. Not that its real and i didnt agree with all their selections to teams but it was interesting. I didnt get thru the whole first round as they took too long and i reached my destination.

Whats with Sirius having commercials? Thought that was a selling point? That and they talked to Jordon Addison between picks....who had a snoozer personality.
                      Wow you listen to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin Movin the Chains.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                        What Are The Chances?!?

EYE want to know!

EWE make the call!

Is your personal estimation as a poster on this forum, do you believe that either:

(1) the Chargers will have a plan in place on (or before) Draft Day that involves trading Austin Ekeler to another team?

Or...

(2) No. You believe that Ekeler won't be traded on or before Draft Day. He'll be a Charger at the draft's conclusion.

Reaction!!!
                        Hack, EYE think that due to a lot of teams in cap hell or near it, who are scared off by bloated, long term 2nd and 3rd contracts; and due to the glut of good RB's in the draft; and due to the glut of decent FA's now signable, and UDFA RB's that will be available; that Ekkie probably doesn's get any offers he likes, and returns to the Bolts for his final season. I don't think he pulls a Moaning Mel-type holdout. I think he finishes his last season and probably signs with a team, but for a deal less than he wanted. We end up getting a 4th-round comp pick. EYE am calling it RIGHT NOW! REACT! FROM OB TO SANTEE, FROM SAN YSIDRO TO ESCONDIDO, EYE WANT TO HEAR FROM EEEEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!!!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Kincaid is moving up draft boards I think Michael Mayer will be available.

Bijan like I said will be gone.

I can see the Bears drafting Myles Murphy Jalen Carter. They need defensive line help.

you gotta think the cornerbacks are going to be drafted. I see the Raiders drafting Joey Porter Jr. that pick has raiders written all over it.

gotta get Jordan love some tight end help so Dalton Kincaid to the Packers.

your no personality Jordan Addison could be available. I did like that on the Jim Rome show he said I always want them to know number 3 on the field. I gotta make sure they talk about me when I’m on the field. I like hearing that dog.

he also said he liked how Lincoln Riley held everybody accountable. Also said it was his job to make sure the other guys were doing there job. I like hearing that work ethic and accountability.

I could see a guy like that molding well with Herbert. I just want a guy who likes playing football.

it’s gonna come down to who the Chargers like most and they probably have thier guy in mind who they want. So I’m thinking it comes down to

Jordan Addison Zay Flowers Jamry Gribbs Zach Charbonett One of those guys. I think from that pool. Those guys will be available.

Comment

Working...
                          X