2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

Keyshawn Johnson says he is Slot only, and too small to draft in round 1.

Mike Tannenbaum, THE biggest Justin Herbert fan out there, ssys JSN is a perfect fit for us at #21.
    WR still tough for me at 21...who are we missing out on? But if its JSN, you cant be unhappy with the player...you go to bed knowing that guy is gonna be catching passes from Herbert for the next decade...

Mayer, JSN, Branch...3 guys who dont move the needle for some on this forum...JSN's size and not a 4.3 guy, Mayer and Branch with pedestrian test numbers...but all 3 are gonna be really good football players in this league...very safe picks...if one of these guys is the pick, I can see disappointment...but I for one will be satisfied we didnt blow the pick, even if I like a couple of guys better...my guys being a little bit riskier. (Kincaid, Bresee)
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Hoping for a trade down based on what Staley and Telesco said recently. Need someone to want to move up to 21 though.
      This is the draft to do that!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

WR still tough for me at 21...who are we missing out on? But if its JSN, you cant be unhappy with the player...you go to bed knowing that guy is gonna be catching passes from Herbert for the next decade...

Mayer, JSN, Branch...3 guys who dont move the needle for some on this forum...JSN's size and not a 4.3 guy, Mayer and Branch with pedestrian test numbers...but all 3 are gonna be really good football players in this league...very safe picks...if one of these guys is the pick, I can see disappointment...but I for one will be satisfied we didnt blow the pick, even if I like a couple of guys better...my guys being a little bit riskier. (Kincaid, Bresee)
        Hands. Route running. Lots to like about JSN. I do not expect Bijan to be ours without a trade up.

It is very encouraging that TT references a trade down. He always has good insight as to how the selections will shake out.

I believe he sees a real possibility that someone will want to trade up to #21 for a second to top tier QB.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

B. Brooks has Bijan at 21 !

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

He would be safe and will be a good player, but just not that exciting. If we had a chance to trade back, I'd rather get some picks and go with the best WR, TE and edge rusher left on the board with our first 3 picks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I'd love Branch. The guy for one is a good tackler. Good instincts.
              Woods is fast but what good is it if he whiffs half the time!
              He was said to have good ballhawk skills. Got that going for him.​

I don't think JSN will be there. Kincaid I'd really like to have Over the other TEs.

I'd prefer Kancey over Bresee. I don't get a good feeling from him In round 1.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think JSN will be there. Kincaid I'd really like to have Over the other TEs.

I have been and still am hoping we could see a JJ3 signing to lessen the need to use a high pick on safety. An addition that can play is necessary. Derwin misses time and you are looking at Gilman and Woods!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

I would bet dollars to donuts that Branch spends as much time at slot corner...maybe more so...than safety...but either way, that secondary could use the tackling/instincts.

Kancey, eh? I have trouble getting behind him. The length/anchor scares me in the pros, and in the running game...tough call on him, cuz I do love the motor...but I see him as a role player, mostly passing downs, at least to start....Bresee can man that 3 tech vs pass and run effectively...but yea...is his heart and body ready for the NFL after that down, and at one point, tragic senior season. But if you watch his early tape, he looks as explosive/unstoppable as Kancey, but with prototypical size.

But Kancey is well liked in the first...who am I to judge?
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I would bet dollars to donuts that Branch spends as much time at slot corner...maybe more so...than safety...but either way, that secondary could use the tackling/instincts.

Kancey, eh? I have trouble getting behind him. The length/anchor scares me in the pros, and in the running game...tough call on him, cuz I do love the motor...but I see him as a role player, mostly passing downs, at least to start....Bresee can man that 3 tech vs pass and run effectively...but yea...is his heart and body ready for the NFL after that down, and at one point, tragic senior season. But if you watch his early tape, he looks as explosive/unstoppable as Kancey, but with prototypical size.

But Kancey is well liked in the first...who am I to judge?
                    I agree. Who know where Woods is at right now but yes I think Branch would mostly play slot CB, maybe exclusivily. But he does have that versatility.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Branch game tape is off the charts. The ultimate muscle is between the ears.

My picks...

(1) Myles Murphy if he makes it to 15 (I think he's gone by 10
                      (2) Branch
                      (3) Kincaid
                      (4) Any CB we like on the board

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

I agree. Who know where Woods is at right now but yes I think Branch would mostly play slot CB, maybe exclusivily. But he does have that versatility.
                        Line him up as a Linebacker on 3rd and long Dude hits 20 lbs above his weight.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

IF Branch and Kincaid were both on the board at 21 it would for sure be a nail bitter on who to select between the two? Either way I would be happy initially if we got either one! Herbert throwing to Kincaid vs Branch playing with Derwin! Decisions decisions!

Comment

Working...
                          X