2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

This has been discussed before, popper is not drawing out a plan of action, his article only lists guys that have large cap numbers, I don’t think he’s suggesting that they cut all of those players, at least that’s the way I interpreted it…

He listed Feiler but not Herbert. Please explain If it's a list of high cap numbers only as you seem to claim. .

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how 'bout an Oline for starters.... we've still got 3 outta 5 ?s on the Line.
      Slater, Salyer, Linsley, Johnson. Which don't you like ?
      I'd like to resign Pipkins, draft a LG and keep Salyer for G/T depth but you don't have to use 21 for that.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He listed Feiler but not Herbert. Please explain If it's a list of high cap numbers only as you seem to claim. .
        Because any fan, even the youngest/dumbest would know they won't be cutting Herbert.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Because any fan, even the youngest/dumbest would know they won't be cutting Herbert.
          Wait, according to some this has nothing to do with cutting a player, The list is supposed to be a list of players with high cap numbers.
          I contend that is dog poop. Popper's list is HIS opinion of who can be cut/traded or restructured. You disagree? Then you have
          explaining do to.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Wait, according to some this has nothing to do with cutting a player, The list is supposed to be a list of players with high cap numbers.
            I contend that is dog poop. Popper's list is HIS opinion of who can be cut/traded or restructured. You disagree? Then you have
            explaining do to.
            I agree with you. It's his list of who can be cut, but not a list of who should be cut. I suppose that will come in another article on a another day.

But doesn't that explain why Herbert is not on the list?
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree with you. It's his list of who can be cut, but not a list of who should be cut. I suppose that will come in another article on a another day.

But doesn't that explain why Herbert is not on the list?
              Of course it does. Nobody in their mind would put Herbert on that list. That was my whole round about way of stating what the list was really all
              about.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                gonna give myself some props for Garrett Wilson and George Pickens, and.... for Cade Otton, as took a ton of flak for that guy.... woulda been a great Charger.

and props to McNutty for the both of McDuffie and McCreary, and to wu for Jalen Pitre....
                Wilson, Olave...all those top WRs we all liked. It was a matter of using a first on a WR I think was the bigger debate.

I liked Pickens but was thinking he would be there in the 3rd with his injury and a steal like Keenan was.
                Think he went 2nd round

Otton still don't float my boat for us.

Think we need a more playmaker type TE and really would like Kincaid for us over Mayer.

Would be ok with Musgrave, Latu and if we pick one later, Whyle. The Purdue kid Durham showed well in the Senior bowl.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Herbert?
                  His cap hit is only 1.2 mil more than last year.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

I'm sure some astute poster(s) could see the possibility of this happening last year beforehand, if so, they need to apply and remove TT. ASAP.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Herbert?
                      His cap hit is only 1.2 mil more than last year.
                      OK you didn't get it. It's OK.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

I stand corrected then, I misunderstood the article then, so he’s really suggesting all those cuts?
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Of course it does. Nobody in their mind would put Herbert on that list. That was my whole round about way of stating what the list was really all
                          about.
                          There are a few here already saying he doesn't have it and we should trade him for a boatload of draft picks...

Comment

Working...
                          X