2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

OK, that was funny.
    Happens every year SMH.
    Daggummit bluey.
    We need you to go back and review the vids again.
    We must find the best talent.
    Slathering not allowed.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

wu has a story.
      Today, there was the SXM NFL Radio Fan Mock.
      "James" picked for LAC...

"I follow this guy online. He does analytics. Darnell Washington is off the charts."

Yes he selected the imposing Georgia Bulldog TE...with Mayer and Kinkaid on the board...and Brian Branch...and others.

We need a versatile TE. (see Kellen Moore offensive plays @ DAL). Big Washington, as awesome a prospect as he is, is strictly an Inline TE.

We need someone who can line in the backfield, and crack that acorn...kind of a 2023 LoNeal...but who also can catch passes.

I hope you all dig deeper, TPB.
      T-minus less than one week to go.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        wu has a story.

"I follow this guy online. He does analytics. Darnell Washington is off the charts."

Yes he selected the imposing Georgia Bulldog TE...with Mayer and Kinkaid on the board...and Brian Branch...and others.

We need a versatile TE. (see Kellen Moore offensive plays @ DAL). Big Washington, as awesome a prospect as he is, is strictly an Inline TE.

We need someone who can line in the backfield, and crack that acorn...kind of a 2023 LoNeal...but who also can catch passes.

Heard that too.
        Miller even laughed at the pick.

That guy said our WRs were long in the tooth and we needed to upgrade but didn't like the recievers on the board, mind you Flowers and Johnson were on there along with Kincaid and Mayer....and he picked Washington lol.

Dude said he had comparable numbers to Kittle from the combine.
        Not close to the same players.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-21-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Heard that too.
          Miller even laughed at the pick.

That guy said our WRs were long in the tooth and we needed to upgrade but didn't like the recievers on the board, mind you Flowers and Johnson were on there along with Kincaid and Mayer....and he picked Washington lol.

Dude said he had comparable numbers to Kittle from the combine. Not close to the same.players.
          Get in here "James."
          Identify yourself.
          Face the well-sharpened pitchforks.
          Soon as he said "I follow this guy online," I just knew it was going to be shit.
          And nothing against Washington.
          Jimmy got cute.
          Torches are lit, clown.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Chargers in a pickle, must trade down to acquire more quality depth on the cheap rookie contracts. No receiver relief in sight. Plug and play TE but have a stable. Seems to wind down to CB or Edge, you certainly should be able to pull two starters. WU will solve all things with his flash mock that makes too much sense to be true!

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

wu has a story.

The main argument for Darnell Washington is Moore's O uses 2 TE's sets about 63% for running plays. This TE seems like the perfect player to be featured in our new "O"!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

If we go WR in the first round it will probably be either Quinton Johnston or Jordan Addison!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The main argument for Darnell Washington is Moore's O uses 2 TE's sets about 63% for running plays. This TE seems like the perfect player to be featured in our new "O"!
                  I know that 21 likes him for us.
                  I see someone who is Inline only, in Darnell Washington.

One of the key formation sets in Moore's offense, one that "marrys the run and the pass," feature a TE in the backfield. See Brett Kollmann.

So we have Parham, with some similarity to DW. Everett is our receiving TE. McKitty. OK, skip that. What should our third TE look like ?

Let me add, there has to be serious doubt that anyone can use analytics to project huge positive outcomes from DW. It is a guess, and this is pick #21.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                    If we go WR in the first round it will probably be either Quinton Johnston or Jordan Addison!
                    Hate to get metaphysical on you, but let's not think that into existence.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Hypothetically....

Let's say the Chargers trade down from #21 to, say, the #26-28 range.

What does 'the chart' indicate the appropriate compensation would be? I'm guessing a mid-3rd rounder.

That would arm the Bolts on Day 2 with a 2nd round pick, and two 3rd rounders, the latter of which could be the necessary collateral to move up for *a certain guy* earlier in round 2.

I can see some really interesting possibilities, if a trade down from #21 occurs.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

wu has a story.

Was also listening, my pick would have been Branch, but wouldn't argue Flowers or Kincaid.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Staley has bypassed defense in each of his first two drafts to address protection for Justin Herbert. Time we see what unfiltered Staley defensive guy looks like, in the 1st or 2nd if a trade down can be executed? For the life of me, cannot unlock this puzzle. We need to defend open spaces and YAC, to do that defense needs to apply more pressure to opposing QB's.

Comment

Working...
                          X