2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Draft to make us better, win more playoff games.
    Benjamin Allbright said his sources around the league, and not the media punditry, are higher on RB in R1 than WR. That would be Gibbs and Bijon.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Spend some studying the Dallas offense and you may come away thinking we won't be needing that "speed' WR that we have all been clamoring for all off-season. His offense get's guys running deep patterns with only one defender to stop them from a completion. Considering Herberts' accuracy and the way our WRs seem to be able to come down with the ball in that situation, especially MW, I think we'll see plenty of fireworks this year. If we can add a good TE to the mix and Ekeler comes back, we'll have a top five offense.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Hahahahahaha.
        High Five !
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

After watching this and learning a bit more about Kellen Moore's offensive philosophy, I'm convinced RB and WR are going to be a top priority in this draft. His favored offensive formation uses a lot of WRs with a philosophy of constantly pushing the ball downfield.

They only have four WR on the roster (Doss & Hightower are practice squadders). I think they plan to have six WRs on the roster. (Lombardi only wanted to carry five, which hurt them when injuries starting taking out the WR corps.)

But, Moore's offense also depends on a strong running game to make the passing game work. So RB will also be a priority. I'm going to bet they draft at least 1 RB and 2 WRs in this draft, with RB being their top priority. They may draft a WR over an RB in the first round because who is and who is not available at No. 21. But I'm going to predict that they draft at least 1 RB and 1 WR in the first three rounds.

I'm sure they covet Bijan Robinson, would he be worth trading up for in the first round? I don't think he will fall to No. 21. If they don't draft an RB in the first round and Zach Charbonnet is still there at No. 54 I think they will grab him, depending on the WR talent still left on the board. I think there is going to be a lot of WR talent in the 2nd round, like there was in the 2019 draft.

I also think they need to restock the PS with good UDFA WR talent. Remember when we had guys like Jalen Guyton and TBilly on the PS? Guys like Band, Doss and Hightower aren't ever going to be NFL talent. And that's what we need on the PS, guys who are projects but have the physical talent to become NFL Wrs.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Benjamin Allbright said his sources around the league, and not the media punditry, are higher on RB in R1 than WR. That would be Gibbs and Bijon.
            Problem for us in drafting RB is "what if there's a monster Edge player still on the board?" Maybe a coin toss if Bijan is still on the board but I'm taking Edge over Gibbs. I could see Cinci drafting Gibbs before KC though.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

After watching this and learning a bit more about Kellen Moore's offensive philosophy, I'm convinced RB and WR are going to be a top priority in this draft. His favored offensive formation uses a lot of WRs with a philosophy of constantly pushing the ball downfield.

They only have four WR on the roster (Doss & Hightower are practice squadders). I think they plan to have six WRs on the roster. (Lombardi only wanted to carry five, which hurt them when injuries starting taking out the WR corps.)

But, Moore's offense also depends on a strong running game to make the passing game work. So RB will also be a priority. I'm going to bet they draft at least 1 RB and 2 WRs in this draft, with RB being their top priority. They may draft a WR over an RB in the first round because who is and who is not available at No. 21. But I'm going to predict that they draft at least 1 RB and 1 WR in the first three rounds.

I'm sure they covet Bijan Robinson, would he be worth trading up for in the first round? I don't think he will fall to No. 21. If they don't draft an RB in the first round and Zach Charbonnet is still there at No. 54 I think they will grab him, depending on the WR talent still left on the board. I think there is going to be a lot of WR talent in the 2nd round, like there was in the 2019 draft.

I also think they need to restock the PS with good UDFA WR talent. Remember when we had guys like Jalen Guyton and TBilly on the PS? Guys like Band, Doss and Hightower aren't ever going to be NFL talent. And that's what we need on the PS, guys who are projects but have the physical talent to become NFL Wrs.
              We don't have a quality blocking TE. That would be a major asset. Current roster are JAG. No 6-5 , 250 + dominant TEs.
              Dal - Shultz 6-5, 250. Their littlest TE was 6-5, 245
              LAC- Everrett 6-3, 240, McKitty 6-4, 246 Parham 6-8, 237

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Good vid V !
                Everyone needs to see Kollmann's part one from 10 days ago.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We don't have a quality blocking TE. That would be a major asset. Current roster are JAG. No 6-5 , 250 + dominant TEs.
                  Dal - Shultz 6-5, 250. Their littlest TE was 6-5, 245
                  LAC- Everrett 6-3, 240, McKitty 6-4, 246 Parham 6-8, 237
                  Exactly.
                  Brenton Strange is a perfect fit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hahahahahaha.
                    High Five !
                    I wonder if he used NFL Database where the top QBs kept falling to our pick? Lmao
                    Maybe thats why some are optimistic that he trades down this year. Lol
                    Whatever helps us, I'm for it.

Our pick at 21 will be a TE or WR imo. Bijan if he falls but not counting on it.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My opinion is that RB and WR are the top priorities in this draft, the top priorities for the team. These needs need to be taken care of in the first three rounds, IMO.
                      So two of the better team strengths are priority over edge help, corner help, safety help, TE help, Retuner & LB?

I see a whole different basket of needs.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I'm not a big Starwars geek, but Al Davis is/was our Darth Vader.
                        our franchises forever intertwined after he left for "the dark side".
                        lots of original Charger principles played out with those 70s raider teams.
                        Al shoulda been a Charger for life.
                        RIP Al and F the raiders.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Exactly.
                          Brenton Strange is a perfect fit.
                          I like Strange a lot. Over all the other "value" TEs like Kunts or Mallory.
                          If I don't get what I want this draft (Washington or Mayer) Strange becomes one of my biggest interests.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X