2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Well hold on now... he played 2 games in college at RT...

But hey, if you want to put Zion @LG and sign Aboushi @RG this off-season. It's cool!
    Jamaree still @RT.
    I don't want Aboushi. Too injury prone.

And I agree Salyer can play RT,.. it's a couple others who think moving them around is stupid.and the coaches are idiots.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I used to really love our 13 personnel group, would love to bolster with 2023 draft pick and a UFA.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/irv-smith-29086/market-value/

Vikings Irv Smith is going to be available after Vikings traded for TJ Hockenson from Detroit.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        I used to really love our 13 personnel group, would love to bolster with 2023 draft pick and a UFA.

Vikings Irv Smith is going to be available after Vikings traded for TJ Hockenson from Detroit.
        Yikes! $11.4 million for a TE.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

For 11 mil? I'd sooner they draft a TE.
          Last edited by chargeroo; 11-28-2022, 02:47 PM.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yikes! $11.4 million for a TE.
            Gerald Everett contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Are you bullish or bearish on the ROI Gerald Everett has brought to the table? That alone will inform the rest of your opinion on the 13 personnel. Meanwhile in the receiver room, Keenan Allen is on the books for $21.7 million for next season and 2024 is $25.8.

That said, I see the team's needs as DT in the 1st Round, a WR in the 2nd, TE in the 3rd, and a RT in the fourth round.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

I like Michael Mayer a ton. I think he could be our top target netter thats how athletic and freakshow he is. He would make a nice tandem with Herbs. Maybe Kelce/Mahomes type historical connection. Worth the shot. Im eyeing WRs. But a stud TE and then WR surrounds Herbs with a ton of firepower in the event we lose a couple due to injury. But a 95% snap TE who does it all and is as scary in the pass game as any top TE in the league....Andrews type. I think it helps Herbs as it opens up the rest of his game. Helps in the run game as well. Potential anchor piece. Gates type impact is the hope.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

That said, I see the team's needs as DT in the 1st Round, a WR in the 2nd, TE in the 3rd, and a RT in the fourth round.
                Right now I just don't see the need at WR as high as that high. But, I always say take the best player on the board at a position of need so if that's a high need and there's one on the board - go for it. If all things are as they are now, I'd be hoping for a TE. I still think they need help at LB too.

Between now and the draft, we'll have the FA period and that may change our needs completely. Who will we lose, and who will we bring in? It's way to early to say what our biggest needs will be.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...everett-21785/

Are you bullish or bearish on the ROI Gerald Everett has brought to the table? That alone will inform the rest of your opinion on the 13 personnel. Meanwhile in the receiver room, Keenan Allen is on the books for $21.7 million for next season and 2024 is $25.8.

The ROI for Everett has been fairly good... not great. He is the 5th receiver behind KA, MW, Palmer, and Ekeler. $8 million for a receiving TE is rather steep.
                  As you can see, I'm a fan of the 11 formation.... with before mentioned players on the field. I'd actually like to see them run out of spread formations more often.

Where I become concerned is when any of these players get dinged. I'd like another WR from the draft. I'd like to see an under-valued FA TE.
                  Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

CB, safety, OG, LB, depth RB/WR/TE/EDGE/DT are kind of my draft targets.
                  There's a lot of work to be done this off-season... and not much money to do it with.
                  Re-structuring Keenan is probably step-1.

How do you like the ROI on Callahan and Fox...?
                  Last edited by Boltnut; 11-28-2022, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The ROI for Everett has been fairly good... not great. He is the 5th receiver behind KA, MW, Palmer, and Ekeler. $8 million for a receiving TE is rather steep.
                    As you can see, I'm a fan of the 11 formation.... with before mentioned players on the field. I'd actually like to see them run out of spread formations more often.

Where I become concerned is when any of these players get dinged. I'd like another WR from the draft. I'd like to see an under-valued FA TE.

There's a lot of work to be done this off-season... and not much money to do it with.

ROI on Callahan. My take - Callahan is everything that Chris Harris was supposed to be, and wasn't.
                    ROI on Morgan Fox - It's solid signing, he's a blue collar guy, a role player and he's got hustle.

My ROI on Gerald Everett, I take a dim view of it. I want a new free agent brought in and a draft pick spent on a TE. I love my 13 personnel, to beat your LBers in the passing game, and with Stephen Anderson in Arizona and Donald Parham on IR, the group's talent base is flagging, as I view it.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      I like Michael Mayer a ton. I think he could be our top target netter thats how athletic and freakshow he is. He would make a nice tandem with Herbs. Maybe Kelce/Mahomes type historical connection. Worth the shot. Im eyeing WRs. But a stud TE and then WR surrounds Herbs with a ton of firepower in the event we lose a couple due to injury. But a 95% snap TE who does it all and is as scary in the pass game as any top TE in the league....Andrews type. I think it helps Herbs as it opens up the rest of his game. Helps in the run game as well. Potential anchor piece. Gates type impact is the hope.
                      Are you going to pull the trigger on a TE in 1st Round when the greater need is at iDT? That is my only question, brother.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We both want a new TE + WR in the draft, I think that is sound.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Are you going to pull the trigger on a TE in 1st Round when the greater need is at iDT? That is my only question, brother.
                          If it were a choice between Gates and Big Jamal i go Gates. lol. If that makes sense. I dont draft just for need. If i think a player has HOF traits and is sitting there...and is need #2? No brainer. We have other draft picks. Im not even certain the problem with our DTs isnt Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X