2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I like our dline group, when healthy. Need better play from LBs. Honestly think best solution is to keep the D group together, but add to the offense, turning it into a juggernaut...maybe get a tough nosed DC to whoop some tackling fundamentals into some of these guys...I dont think we have bottom of the league personel, we are just injured, and in the case of some players, undisciplined. I support Staley, but he will probably need to make a big change in coaching on that side of the ball, vs personel...
    Okay, what we need is quality depth at D-line, lose K9 and get a real tackling, run-stuffing, coverage LB, AND draft a stud TD with hands of glue who can block...

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, what we need is quality depth at D-line, lose K9 and get a real tackling, run-stuffing, coverage LB, AND draft a stud TD with hands of glue who can block...
      What's with the K-9 hate? It wasn't K-9 that gave up the big gainers to Kelce in the chiefs game. He is not our weakest link and when he's not in our defense actually goes down( You can feel it!) . Sure, he's not Ray Lewis and I don't care.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What's with the K-9 hate? It wasn't K-9 that gave up the big gainers to Kelce in the chiefs game. He is not our weakest link and when he's not in our defense actually goes down( You can feel it!) . Sure, he's not Ray Lewis and I don't care.
        Talking run defense.

He isn't that great at it and neither is Tranquill. Neither guy is consistant at filling a gap a runner goes thru to plug that hole.
        Murray is athletic but he lacks a nose for the ball, getting thru blocks.
        Tranq just gets run over too often when he does get there.

Don't resign Tranq and trade Murray.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

K9 looks great getting off the bus. Not so much on the field. Unfortunately Denzel Perryman was much better against the run when healthy. We’ll see him Sunday

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

gonna get myself in some trouble here, and.... this is my preseason Powder Blues pundit rankings as of now,

tier 1/Daniel Jeremiah level * Nutty, Fleet, Critty, Lone Bolt, Fouts2Herbert, BoltDude, Ninja
            tier 2/Telesco good * Texanbeerlover, Boltinloudguy, Riverwalk, Leslie Grossman, Chargeroo, Gzubeck, Formula 21
            tier 3/John Spanos good * wudai, Jolt, beachcomber, ghost, powderblueboy, Classic
            tier 4/boltbeat value * LaCosta, Jamrock, SonoraJim, Philaboltster, DerwinBosa
            tier 5/boltsfromtheblue level contribution * Topcat, ChargersPowderBlue, Bezerker, pigskin, Boltx, kgbpasha

mostly just goofin', and gots no idea.... relied mostly on the ouija board,
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Thanks for the shout out...while I dont always agree with you, the range of your prospect knowledge, to include both the usual suspects, as well as the obscure, is a great contribution to the forum...and far exceeds my narrowed vision....

Shame about Ninja...great takes...wish he had enough inner peace to be graceful and tolerant towards Roo's predicament, regardless of his own convictions...Ill miss him this offseason.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                gonna get myself in some trouble here, and.... this is my preseason Powder Blues pundit rankings as of now,

tier 1/Daniel Jeremiah level * Nutty, Fleet, Critty, Lone Bolt, Fouts2Herbert, BoltDude, Ninja
                tier 2/Telesco good * Texanbeerlover, Boltinloudguy, Riverwalk, Leslie Grossman, Chargeroo, Gzubeck, Formula 21
                tier 3/John Spanos good * wudai, Jolt, beachcomber, ghost, powderblueboy, Classic
                tier 4/boltbeat value * LaCosta, Jamrock, SonoraJim, Philaboltster, DerwinBosa
                tier 5/boltsfromtheblue level contribution * Topcat, ChargersPowderBlue, Bezerker, pigskin, Boltx, kgbpasha

mostly just goofin', and gots no idea.... relied mostly on the ouija board,
                Beach, I am honored to be in 5th place...
                ...there's a whole lot of names u didn't mention in 6th thru 20th places...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I honestly don't think most of us hate K9...we just get frustrated and point out when he keeps whiffing on tackles...after all these years, just seems to not be getting better...and needs to be replaced...

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I want both of them. Everette, Meyers, and Kincaid - love those three TE's offenses. Herbert will be putting up about 400 yards a game!
                    agreed but I’d be just as happy if they could get Kincaid and Jaheim Bell from South Carolina. Bell is a weapon all over the field. To have Everett, Kincaid and Bell would be awesome. And I think Bell could be had in the 4th. Kincaid on the 2nd and Bell in the 4th.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

agreed but I’d be just as happy if they could get Kincaid and Jaheim Bell from South Carolina. Bell is a weapon all over the field. To have Everett, Kincaid and Bell would be awesome. And I think Bell could be had in the 4th. Kincaid on the 2nd and Bell in the 4th.
                      "If I had a Bell
                      I'd ring it in the morning
                      I'd ring it in the evening
                      All over this land..."

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Either one of those guys would be a great add to the offense... and @a better value round than Mayer.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Shout out to Beach for his unrelenting search for players...
                          Keep them coming! I've been busy at work/life lately... I'll try to keep up. Bowl season is here... and I can't wait to see some seniors @the Senior Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                          X