2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I hope you're right this will be the first LB TT ever drafted that is good if you are right!
    Both Kylie and Drue were solid LB picks.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      So the last two picks - we shall see
      needed Edge
      hoping for TE
      but LB fills a ST need
      sad part is top 3 rounds if you know what you are doing should be 3 starters or at worst 2 starters and a future starter but key rotaional guy..... nchargers even though we have holes everywhere, are lucky to draft one starter each season..... really sad.....

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Henley is decent in coverage...
        He started his career at Nevada not UNLV. I always get those schools mixed up. He's a local LA kid. Yes, he is a good coverage LB, which is what Staley seems too want in a LB.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Info on Henley. Looks like the dude tackles well, can blitz, and is decent in coverage. Not bad:

Henley Draft Profile: Bio

Daiyan Henley from Crenshaw High School was rated a 2-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Henley joined Nevada on the offensive side of the ball as WR.

In 2018 as a freshman Henley saw little action at receiver and had a similar lack of action in 2019 when his year was cut short by a season-ending injury.

In 2020 as a junior Henley made the full-time switch to linebacker where he played in 9 games and contributed on 360 snaps. He recorded 32 tackles, and 8 assists while making 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 7 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries and a QB hit

In 2021 as a senior Henley showed much-improved play while playing on 676 snaps for the Wolf Pack. He also made 79 tackles, 19 assists, and 40 stops. While in coverage Henley made one pass breakup, 4 interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 39.0. As a pass rusher, he tallied 10 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries and 2 QB hits on the season.

After season's end Henley transferred to Washington State where as a fifth-year senior for the Cougars in 2022 he produced his best year yet. Henley played 12 games and took part in 667 snaps for the Cougars. He made 74 tackles, 18 assists, and 40 stops. While in coverage Henley added a pass breakup, and one interception, but surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 101.8. As a pass rusher, he tallied an impressive 18 total pressures, which included 10 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 5 sacks on the season.​

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...nley-LB-Nevada

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

More of a Tranquil replacement, since K9 has one more prove-it season.

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Former safety apparently. Tranquil’s replacement?
            Kendricks is the Tranquil replacement, if anything. The Henley pick is competition for Murray.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No worries, you're fine and you may be right! Don't worry about all the posters that are into positive thinking! That kind of thinking is so childish like building sand castles in the air! What is, is and we'll see if this draft pushes over the top or it will be the same old same old from this front office! The good news is if this draft doesn't get us a playoff win then more than likely this will be TT's last draft we'll have to suffer through. It seems each one of these players we picked seem to have knocks on them and be labeled as sort of projects! TT and Staley drafted for depth with our premium picks so we'll see.
              Thanks

Was just being a fan on draft day. Our draft is ok, but I cant help look around at other teams and see quite a few drafts i like better

Fans are allowed to vent, especially ones who pull for a team that has never won shit. Telesco's job performance and draft record is certainly not beyond reproach. Giving up major draft capital to trade up for K9 comes to mind as one of many examples. No need to blindly appeal to authority with this management.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Kendricks is the Tranquil replacement, if anything. The Henley pick is competition for Murray.
                Good. Light a fire under K9...if he can't cut the mustard, let him ride some pine...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Two years ago we thought Chargers had decent LB’s. Now two are gone and in is a 30 year old free agent and rookie 3rd rd. pick. I

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Both Kylie and Drue were solid LB picks.
                    sorry, they were not..... they both get run over if a rb runs right at them.... Drue had some ability but they rarely used him right.....

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Whatever, the whole thing started because a poster mentioned we could have had Nolan Smith and Hyatt over Johnston and Tulu. I simply voiced a personal opinion i would have preferred that pair. Opinions on here are ok right?

And somehow that got turned into "i think i know more than the Chargers"
                      It’s always nice to rearrange picks after they’ve taken. Please, I’ll take Philly’s draft in retrospect.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Raiders take Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinatti... burner.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

sad part is top 3 rounds if you know what you are doing should be 3 starters or at worst 2 starters and a future starter but key rotaional guy..... nchargers even though we have holes everywhere, are lucky to draft one starter each season..... really sad.....
                          As I said earlier Justin Herbert will soon be making in the neighborhood of 53 million a year. This management needs to do better than ST players in the first 3 rounds and find some starters like the Chiefs do or this roster will be in trouble

Comment

Working...
                          X