2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

What facts? OMG; Calling me stupid for liking our pick? Ok.

Hey Einstein you're so perfect why don't you go and convince the Chargers to hire you as our GM you seem to have everything figured out.. Easy right? smh.
    Stupid for thinking TT is a good- great GM. Does he hire good coaches? No; Has he won the AFC West (at least once)? No. End of story.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Start of Round 4, Chargers pick #125, 23 picks from now.
      C/G, TE, OT, KR, S, CB, DT....it really is wide open
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

you gotta love this about this draft, how the draft opens up when you have a solid team with established starters at every position...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s a projected 3rd round pick that got drafted in the 3rd round. What’s the problem?
          Re-read the post. That's the problem coupled with TT's history on drafting LB's and who he has drafted in the 3rd round the last 10 years. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Need a center today.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Wide receiver or running back at #125?
              Prefer a better backup to Linsley honestly. One that can also play all IOL if necessary.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Re-read the post. That's the problem coupled with TT's history on drafting LB's and who he has drafted in the 3rd round the last 10 years. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.
                Yeah his 3rd round picks haven’t been great. But at least this one was actually a value pick. Would it have been the position I chose? Nope. But since we always argue for Telesco to draft BPA, this seems like that type of pick.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

they need to upgrade the IOL backups across the board

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • victoria b.c.
                    • Send PM

Eagles draft another Georgia Bulldog

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Leonard out of Indy was All pro playing at 215...gotta use him right, but if you do, I don't worry about the size...though I wouldn't mind him adding a few pounds...

I like the JOK comp I read also...I loved that kid coming out, though he has been up and down...but who isn't playing in Cleveland, lol...that town is cursed.
                      I see no where that he is 215. listed at 230 every where and at the combine he was 234. He dont look like he is 215 either.You would be able to see that.

And you should worry about size. Very few of them escape injury. JOK missed 6 games last season and 3 his rookie year.

I guess Staley doesnt want to be stout against the run.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah his 3rd round picks haven’t been great. But at least this one was actually a value pick. Would it have been the position I chose? Nope. But since we always argue for Telesco to draft BPA, this seems like that type of pick.
                        I hope you're right. In fact I want you to be right. But let's face it TT has caused sort of an injury to Chargers fans in having strong faith in his draft picks.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

He was projected as a 3rd round pick! Spent 6 years in college and has a total of 4 sacks and 147 total tackles with injury history, this could be a classic TT 3rd round pick, and if we miss the playoffs this seaon and he doesn't contribute... It is. Today I don't like the pick, if he comes into camp and kills it I'll change my mind.

In looking at who was on the board in the 3rd, IE Jordan Battle, Jiayir Brown, Tank Bigsby, Ricky Stromberg, Siaki Ika, Dorian Williams.... I think MAYBE any of these players would have been a better pick. But TT knows better than I. I hope.
                          It could be a brilliant move too. he only played LB the last two years, so the 6 yr comparison to tackling stats is just stupid if unaware. But you are aware, so you’re actually intentionally deceptive by implying he only got 147 tackles in 6 years. that is evil. He had 110+ last year, All-Conference first team. You may not like picking a LB, ok, but he is consensus recognized as legit.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X