2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Damn would have liked to see the Chargers draft OT Blake Freeland. . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Stupid for thinking TT is a good- great GM. Does he hire good coaches? No; Has he won the AFC West (at least once)? No. End of story.
      He hires who the Spanos allows him to hire so we get cheap inexperienced HCs,.....and so far it just isnt working out. Trying to be a copy cat in that department is biting them in the ass.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

In games that count, on the field, Chargers are losing to the Seahawks. Is it coaching or GM?
        CB
        TE
        OC
        WR - that can be a return guy - maybe like Palmer if he is around

Thats where I think Telesco needs to focus.

as to your question -- its both GM and HC working together for so long, they have a good rapport

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I see no where that he is 215. listed at 230 every where and at the combine he was 234. He dont look like he is 215 either.You would be able to see that.

And you should worry about size. Very few of them escape injury. JOK missed 6 games last season and 3 his rookie year.

I guess Staley doesnt want to be stout against the run.
          The good thing about a 245 pound LB is that he has a better chance of staying healthy. The bad thing is he can’t cover anybody so he has to be taken off the field on passing downs.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I may not be able to post the player threads right away today, so feel free to start it if you don't see one outside of 5 minutes of the pick.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
              Need a center today.
              ^ This. We badly need a decent backup for Lindsley...I'm not hearing a whole lot of applause for Clapp...and BTW, please TT, let's not do another one of those G to C projects...how'd that work out for Feeney?

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It could be a brilliant move too. he only played LB the last two years, so the 6 yr comparison to tackling stats is just stupid if unaware. But you are aware, so you’re actually intentionally deceptive by implying he only got 147 tackles in 6 years. that is evil. He had 110+ last year, All-Conference first team. You may not like picking a LB, ok, but he is consensus recognized as legit.
                It could be but will it? We'll see. He will be given a shot at ILB and never be in on Murray's spot. HE will be expected to be a top Special Teams player. He is a project player and being drafted on potential period. I don't care for fans acting like its a brilliant pick and to have any concern about the pick fans are clapping back, because as a matter of fact either way. We. Just. Don't. KNOW.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                  Damn would have liked to see the Chargers draft OT Blake Freeland. . .
                  I think their focus is probably going to be in the interior...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I hope you're right. In fact I want you to be right. But let's face it TT has caused sort of an injury to Chargers fans in having strong faith in his draft picks.
                    TT’s R3 record of horror speaks for itself, 100% agree with you. Most years we have to rush to the deep archives to figure out who the fuck it is he drafted. Woods wasn’t on any R3 or R4 lists. Henley was - i think TT is on it with this pick. Our LB play has been bad for many years - he and Staley swapped Tranq for Hendricks and added this piece in case K9 plays like 2022 because we can’t live with the middle front 7 unable to read and react and attack what the offense is doing. LB problem fixed!

To those that think LBs don’t matter in modern football, i just laugh. old school 255 lb beast LBs without speed don’t matter as they are too slow for today’s game. These are the modern football linebackers that do matter. Henley gets his mass up to 235 and he will be an absolute warrior, a steal!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post
                      Eagles draft another Georgia Bulldog
                      Amazing strategy by the Eagles.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Stetson Bennett or Max Duggan

which one is it going to be ?

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post
                          Eagles draft another Georgia Bulldog
                          For whatever reason the other teams are passing on these bulldogs and Philly just keeps picking these puppies up Rd after Rd. Defense is filled with dogs. Crazy. Howie isn't trying to find diamonds in the rough. He keeps it simple and just takes dogs.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X