2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Not a big Johnston fan, for us...we got Mdub...if we go receiver, I am looking for a different type/skill set...more speed, and some dynamic YAC ability, as opposed to big, physical type. Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt, Zay Flowers, Parker Washington are some examples thru the first 3 or 4 rounds...
    round one am taking the RB over Josh Downs
    round two am taking the TE over 185 lbs Jalin Hyatt (relatively close call tho)
    round three am taking LB (Sewell) over Zay Flowers (prolly a minority there)

not sold on Parker Washington/Charlie Jones as of yet, and....

think we've got our five @wideout w/Keenan, MW, Palmer, Deandre and Jalen.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

So my first 4 rounds are probably going to be targeting WR, RB, TE, IOL in no particular order....barring a real defensive super stud falling in our lap...I will be leaning towards that side of the ball.
      as mentioned before, think the best bet/safest gambit is to go RB/TE 1-2, and then there is oft a pretty darn decent WR round three, albeit not sure eye see that guy as of yet ?? and so.... think the better day two/round three gambit is @the OC w/your choice of Sedrick Van Pran or Olusegun Oluwatimi, or if you're me, would prolly be opting for Beebe there ??

and so again.... think I'd be looking LB over WR, w/names like Campbell, Sewell or Eichenberg @ILB, and Overshown for an off ball LB.... question is: LB or IOL round three, and who might be left on the board come day three/round four ??

ps. what are your thoughts on a CB/DB ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

I too like the RB/TE one two punch...I dont think much on DBs, I say run it again, with a better DC, maybe a sure tackling safety mid rounds to hedge against whether JT Woods elevates his game/physicality.

On another note, I dont want to switch Zion...but in the Linsley retirement scenario, may be easier to find a polished OG vs OC...and Zion's smarts are an asset in that role...just spitballing here.

By the way, not even touching FA yet...not much we can or will do, unless a big name is cut, or Linsley does call it quits, or we maybe trade a big name.
        Last edited by Lone Bolt; 12-09-2022, 08:59 AM.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I'm not as high on the RB position as you guys are. i'd prefer someone who can stuff the run or rush the passer. Overall, I don't see any position as in dire need other than TE. So, after grabbing a TE, I'd be taking the best player available approach, regardless of position.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

By the way, not even touching FA yet...not much we can or will do, unless a big name is cut, or Linsley does call it quits, or we maybe trade a big name.
            the only possible trade candidates eye see would be the likes of Feiler, Murray, and/or Hopkins, and....

we def need to add draft picks to the 7 we have @present....

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I'm not as high on the RB position as you guys are. i'd prefer someone who can stuff the run or rush the passer. Overall, I don't see any position as in dire need other than TE. So, after grabbing a TE, I'd be taking the best player available approach, regardless of position.
              the only problem w/that as a consideration, is if you go TE round one and Mayer is still on the board, then you're looking @Zach Evans @RB after that, and the both of 'em leave me uneasy on some counts, and especially in comparison to the likes of Bijan/Jahmyr and Kincaid/Musgrave, and....

yes, would def like to have some DL reinforcements if they land in our lap.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Our Sept 53 personnel needed a Kittle/ Kelce TE and a top run stuffing IDL that gets penetration.
                BPAs from WR, LB, OL, Edge, others welcome but have to be serious BPAs , no reaches.
                FA ?

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Our Sept 53 personnel needed a Kittle/ Kelce TE and a top run stuffing IDL that gets penetration.
                  think your guy is Bryan Bresee, as he is @his best as a disruptive pass rushing IDL.

he's another length + power prospect, who is a wrangler in the offensive backfield. him + Siaki would be downright scary for opposing QBs.

he's coming off a torn ACL and due to a nonfootball medical condition/kidney infection, he hasn't seen the field much this season either.

he's a defensive mainstay, who is a better pass rusher than against the run. laterally agile, he can disengage from/get off blocks, and has a high motor w/good second effort, and can leave blockers in the lurch w/repertoire of moves.

he's a 3T/4i that is coming off a torn ACL, that could stand to add some lower body strength, and can be a little stiff in his upper frame/body. he also is a bit of tall boy w/leverage concerns, and.... all that said, not sure what he's doing @bottom half of first round in some mocks, as there is little to no chance that he'll be on the board when we draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    BPAs from WR, LB, OL, Edge, others welcome but have to be serious BPAs , no reaches.
                    FA ?
                    @TE, don't think there's a Kittle/Kelce in this draft, but do think the either of Kincaid or Musgrave could eventually supplant Everett, and become a better TE than Gerald.... something I would be unwilling to volunteer 'bout the Golden Domer Michael Mayer.

am also of the opinion that it won't be a WR that is BPA in any given round, and ditto for ED.

do think you could come away w/an LB of the such, if you like the likes of a Jack Campbell or Noah Sewell (if he drops out of day one consideration).

and not much of a believer in this year's tackle crop, but do think you might find a BPA @guard, and w/the either of O'Cyrus Torrence round two, or Cooper Beebe round three.

@WR/ED, my thought is to do our best to get the BPA from the UDFA ranks....

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Screenshot 2022-12-10 001031.jpg

coulda had the second TE instead of LB w/Musgrave.
                      left CB Julius Brents on the board in lieu of Abanikanda @RB.
                      RB Camerun Peoples went off the board somewhere in there as well.
                      and round 8 had the likes of CB Cameron Brown & OC Eli Cox available.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        Screenshot 2022-12-10 001031.jpg

coulda had the second TE instead of LB w/Musgrave.
                        left CB Julius Brents on the board in lieu of Abanikanda @RB.
                        RB Camerun Peoples went off the board somewhere in there as well.
                        and round 8 had the likes of CB Cameron Brown & OC Eli Cox available.
                        Ooo La La.....gotta love these simulators...perfect first 4 picks.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think your guy is Bryan Bresee, as he is @his best as a disruptive pass rushing IDL.

he's another length + power prospect, who is a wrangler in the offensive backfield. him + Siaki would be downright scary for opposing QBs.

he's coming off a torn ACL and due to a nonfootball medical condition/kidney infection, he hasn't seen the field much this season either.

he's a defensive mainstay, who is a better pass rusher than against the run. laterally agile, he can disengage from/get off blocks, and has a high motor w/good second effort, and can leave blockers in the lurch w/repertoire of moves.

he's a 3T/4i that is coming off a torn ACL, that could stand to add some lower body strength, and can be a little stiff in his upper frame/body. he also is a bit of tall boy w/leverage concerns, and.... all that said, not sure what he's doing @bottom half of first round in some mocks, as there is little to no chance that he'll be on the board when we draft.
                          Siaki Ika is a big flappy fatty. Not sure how long he will last in the league. Reminds me of Terrence Cody from Alabama who didnt last long....or play that well.

Comment

Working...
                          X