2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

1) NT Siaki Ika (Tillery)
    2) TE Dalton Kincaid (Rodgers)
    3) OG Cooper Beebe (Feiler)
    4) ILB Noah Sewell (Reeder)
    5) OC Eli Cox (Clapp)
    6) OT Connor Galvin (Storm)
    7) CB Cameron Brown (Nasir)

8) ED YaYa Diaby, DT Dante Stills, RB Camerun Peoples, OG Henry Bainvalu, ILB Palaie Gaotete IV, RB Ulysses Bentley IV, ILB Drake Thomas, WR Justin Shorter
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

What do you guys that spend a lot of time on the draft think of Tyree Wilson?

I also like the Ohio State Center, not certain of his name but he's pretty solid I think his name is Whipler?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Watched some highlight videos on a few players like Tyree Wilson,Bresee,Bijan(wow),Mayer,and Jordan Addison and personally would love if we grabbed Quentin Johnston with our 1st pick.If they go O line or D line/Edge in the first I'm totally cool with that but Herbert having Quentin to throw to would be awesome to watch.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          1) NT Siaki Ika (Tillery)
          2) TE Dalton Kincaid (Rodgers)
          3) OG Cooper Beebe (Feiler)
          4) ILB Noah Sewell (Reeder)
          5) OC Eli Cox (Clapp)
          6) OT Connor Galvin (Storm)
          7) CB Cameron Brown (Nasir)

8) ED YaYa Diaby, DT Dante Stills, RB Camerun Peoples, OG Henry Bainvalu, ILB Palaie Gaotete IV, RB Ulysses Bentley IV, ILB Drake Thomas, WR Justin Shorter
          Not bad...love Kincaid, very much like Beebe, and although Sewell has been a little dissappointing this year, he would be a scoop in the 4th round...but where we disagree is Ika in the first...unless we are somehow picking late in the first, I wouldn't spend a first on him.

To be fair, I am all about loading the offense this draft...but on top of that, Ika has 2 big warts that make me wary of taking him as early as the teens, when there could be much better players there...First, he is soooo big. I see potential weight issues and lower leg/foot injuries, and a relatively short career. That's speculation/projection...but it's also typical for those huge guys. Second, although he is an absolute disruptive monster, soaking up double teams, and overpowering most anybody who faces him, (I sure won't argue that...he is a beast...) he is really raw with technique. He has trouble finding the ball, and disengaging from blocks to actually make the tackle. I saw so many plays where he was in position to kill the play, sometimes for a loss...but he is a split second late with the tackling move, and the RB is gone...whiff...

But, he is a monster...and if we did actually pick him, I wouldn't be sore about it...if Staley thinks he can use him, so be it...at least Beach bro would finally get his big Samoan to plug in the middle of the D, lol...

As for me....still making clusters, but unlike the past couple of years, I am leaning towards offensive skill positions a lot this year. Keenan is getting old, RB room is not reliable outside of Eke, TE group is mid, as McKitty not a pass catcher, and Parnham concussion prone...I think the best fix for defense is health, firing the DC, and transforming the offense into a machine that makes the Chiefs look pedestrian.

Also looking for a good interior lineman. Call it a hunch, but I think Linsley may retire...his body is feeling the miles, and now he is dealing with concussions...he always struck me as the type of guy who would walk away before he gives too much of his health to the game...and so we will either need a center, or a guard after we switch Zion to center. I also think Feiler is gone, but Salyer will replace him, as I think Pip will be our RT going forward...I hope...

So my first 4 rounds are probably going to be targeting WR, RB, TE, IOL in no particular order....barring a real defensive super stud falling in our lap...I will be leaning towards that side of the ball.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I also like the Ohio State Center, not certain of his name but he's pretty solid I think his name is Whipler?
            Luke Wypler

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Watched some highlight videos on a few players like Tyree Wilson,Bresee,Bijan(wow),Mayer,and Jordan Addison and personally would love if we grabbed Quentin Johnston with our 1st pick.If they go O line or D line/Edge in the first I'm totally cool with that but Herbert having Quentin to throw to would be awesome to watch.
              Not a big Johnston fan, for us...we got Mdub...if we go receiver, I am looking for a different type/skill set...more speed, and some dynamic YAC ability, as opposed to big, physical type. Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt, Zay Flowers, Parker Washington are some examples thru the first 3 or 4 rounds...

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Not bad...love Kincaid, very much like Beebe, and although Sewell has been a little dissappointing this year, he would be a scoop in the 4th round...but where we disagree is Ika in the first...unless we are somehow picking late in the first, I wouldn't spend a first on him.
                according to the Tankathon big board (right as of this moment), we could get Bijan, Ika and Kincaid 1-2-3, which would be swell by my take....

and eye like Bresee, Tyree and Skoronski, but not overly optimistic that they'll be on the board.... not on board for WR/CB atm.

coupla other guys that I like, but not sure they are good value mid first round are Brian Branch and Jared Verse.... Jahmyr Gibbs and Jalin Hyatt intrigue me some, and....

really couldn't complain 'bout O'Cyrus Torrence as he's a plug 'n play starter, something that most peoples consider an imperative w/your first rounder.

we might need to find a replacement starter for JC Jack, but don't think that's the case for next year w/the both of Keenan 'n Mike Dub under contract.

am grabbing RB (D'Ernest Johnson) and LB (Denzel) in FA, if we can, as we couldn't last go 'round given that we decided to resign MW.

this draft is of some intrigue, in that it's the first eye can recall in awhile that an RB lines up w/our pick, albeit is a first rounder, but the either of Bijan or Jahmyr should be there, and are prolly good picks either way, and.... we def need an RB1.

and yeah, have said before that I wasn't sure that the either of Verse nor Siaki were first round talents, and as plenty of pundits have them slotted day two.... ??

ps. and yeah, would like Sewell regardless of his mixed reviews, and.... don't think he'll be there in the fourth (I'd prolly spend the third on him if he pulled a Nakobe Dean).

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Also looking for a good interior lineman. Call it a hunch, but I think Linsley may retire...his body is feeling the miles, and now he is dealing with concussions...he always struck me as the type of guy who would walk away before he gives too much of his health to the game...and so we will either need a center, or a guard after we switch Zion to center. I also think Feiler is gone, but Salyer will replace him, as I think Pip will be our RT going forward...I hope...
                  completely against switching Zion to anywhere, save for next to Rashawn.... do think the path of least resistance is to somehow resign Pips for RT and slide Salyer in @guard, as don't see how we can justify not taking the out w/Feiler given our cap woes and his level of play most of this season.

that said, there is some guard talent in this draft, albeit the tackle population is looking more sparse than not, and don't see any reason to gamble there.

and re: skill positions, there is a side of me that sees the safest 1-2 gambit as RB (Bijan/Jahmyr) and then TE (Kincaid/Musgrave) ??

LB is a (heavy) consideration, depending on how much you like Jack Campbell, and there are some other names there if you feel the need to draft for need.

there is some safety talent as well, and if a stud lineman falls into your lap, think you've got to go back to that well.

far as risk goes, don't like my odds @CB/WR, and alotta the Olinemen look like gambits as well ??

the GM is gonna earn his money this year, as am looking forward to taking a deeper dive w/some of these guys and getting more info from the established draftniks and the Powder Blue punditry.

ps. got no idea, but my antennae is picking up that Linsley sticks around for another year or two, which is good, coz don't see a center that am dead set on, albeit am intrigued by Eli Cox as a developmental guy.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

not a sackmaster, not an IDL hybrid, not a 3-4 DE.... he could possibly/prolly spell 4i for the if and when need be, but dude is an edge 3-4 OLB.

his power + length = production. he is patient and a closer. he looks assignment sound, and w/intangibles that give off the "it" vibe, and suspect he will like others of his ilk, exceed expectations.

bottom line is you're gonna sleep @night if he's your edge.... he's an all around edge.... a sentry on the edge against the run, as well as a troublemaker off the edge for other teams when rushing the passer.

he's pretty much a consensus top half of the first round prospect, w/plenty of peoples pimping him for top ten, if not a Travon Walker waltz into the top five.... unlikely to be on board when we select.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

He could be a great pick if Mack or Bosa were retiring. Bigger needs elsewhere.
                      How has Rumph looked? any hope left for him?

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Luke Wypler
                        technician that is assignment sound and w/center mindset, and is Tony Pauline's fave/No. 1 center prospect.

for myself, am wary of profiles w/the word "sufficient" (TDN), which is just above "serviceable" (PFN). eye question his core strength as the comment is that he could add strength, and there is the question as to whether he can move peoples in the run game, as he more walls off opposing players as a positional blocker, which me thinx is a cautionary tale/buyer beware, 'specially in the face of bigger nose tackles.... by my take his potential is most all projection, and eye don't like my odds.

also not impressed by any quote unquote mean streak, as don't see that as any Chargers requirement/prerequisite, and "choppy and unnatural" gets an amber alert as there is the Billy Price lineage as well.

for myself, there is the question as to how Herbert compatible he might be, and as he has a bit of a Lon Chaney vibe to him.... he's not on my radar/watchlist whatsoever, and doesn't scream Chargers to me in the least bit.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

He could be a great pick if Mack or Bosa were retiring. Bigger needs elsewhere.
                          How has Rumph looked? any hope left for him?
                          think Tyree is/will be better than Jerry and Uchenna, and prolly Supa Mel as well, and not quite as good as Merriman ??

don't think I've come across an NFL compare for him yet.... ??

Comment

Working...
                          X