2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    I'm with you on D. I love that shit too.
    The "GURU" shit is fan / press shit.
    Staley makes no claims beyond his defensive history. The D season was a disappointment. I don't put him down for crushing teams he should. There were other good moments on D bur we were nor consistent. (players DO matter)
    All that means nothing to me going forward. This year I EXPECT significant D improvement. He knows. If he can do nothing about it?
    Not better in 2023? Staley's Chargers D sucks.
    I have zero faith his defense will be any better against the run in 2023, I’m not buying that bullshit again…I’ve seen enough already, he’s decent at coming up with plans to contain other teams passing game but don’t let it be an experienced coach because in the second half his pass defense won’t have the answers anymore and zero adjustments will be made to counter…

Then because he’s so committed to “putting a roof on it” like he says, his fronts get abused, they end up playing a ton of snaps as teams slowly tire them out with the run and short passing game, then to make matters worse, he only dresses the bare bones minimum of d-linemen with zero back up plan for resting and rotating guys in case of injury…nah, I’ve seen enough, the guy is not the freaking genius everyone made him out to be and he says a lot of cool shit like “LOS team” and how running and stopping the run affects everything else but he doesn’t follow thru with the necessary changes needed to be consistently good at stopping the run, when he went to three down lineman six man front, with two edge players and one linebacker we saw the team do much better against the run but he goes right back to a nickel defense even on early downs, basically daring teams to run it on him and those teams are like, “okay dipshit, we’ll fucking run it down your fucking throat” and then they do and our defense gets hung out to dry, LOL…it’s not the players anymore, it’s his stupid fucking approach…

It’s going to take a fundamental shift in his approach to coaching defense for him to improve his scheme against the run, otherwise he can step down as defensive play caller and bring in a brian flores or a vic fangio and then I’ll be excited about the 2023 defensive prospects again…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

What a fucking clown, there is no way these players respect him, they might want him around because players fear change and turnover and it could mean many losing their jobs, but how can you respect a coach when you behave like that twice in the same fucking game, obviously joey does not…

2023 is going to go down as a senseless fucking wasted year in herbert’s career and you could make the case that the whole staley era will be seen like that as well…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        He picked up the helmet for a grown ass man having a tantrum in front of the whole fucking country, then he says the player was having a rough moment and that he’d do it all over again because he has his player’s back…

that’s not leadership, that’s not holding someone accountable for their actions, that’s a horrible’ example to set for the rest of the team and the younger players…if he wants to have his player’s back’s? then set the tone and don’t let anyone put themselves above the team regardless of how frustrated they are on the field…

joey cost the team, his first fuck up gave jax the opportunity to get 4 more points, which they did, his second fuck up gave them a chance to get an additional point, which they did…there is no guarantee they’d have made the field goal on the first foul either, but either way, joey basically gave jax an opportunityto get 5 additional points in a game that they won by one fucking point!

How is that having his player’s back’s? You got one asshole putting himself above team and the coach basically enabled his fucking behavior, WTF am I missing here?!
        Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 01-27-2023, 06:33 PM.
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

He picked up the helmet for a grown ass man having a tantrum in front of the whole fucking country, then he says the player was having a rough moment and that he’d do it all over again because he has his player’s back…

that’s not leadership, that’s not holding someone accountable for their actions, that’s a horrible’ example to set for the rest of the team and the younger players…if he wants to have his player’s back’s? then set the tone and don’t let anyone put themselves above the team regardless of how frustrated they are on the field…

joey cost the team, his first fuck up gave jax the opportunity to get 4 more points, which they did, his second fuck up gave them a chance to get an additional point, which they did…there is no guarantee they’d have made the field goal on the first foul either, but either way, joey basically gave jax an opportunityto get 5 additional points in a game that they won by one fucking point!

How is that having his player’s back’s? You got one asshole putting himself above team and the coach basically enabled his fucking behavior, WTF am I missing here?!
          Clearly it means the players don't respect him

So from this tantrum, we shouldn't respect you? Im sure there was a talking to, to Joey but it wont be revealed in the press.

It is irrelevant now but Joey got zero calls being held and I seen at least 5 myself. As a player I'd be pissed too. They had 3 penalties called on them, we had 7.....one was total bullshit.

Here's what I'm reading from you:

I'm frustrated with this team and I'm sick of losing and blowing games and im pissed at the HC for it. The players must hate him because i do.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Clearly it means the players don't respect him

So from this tantrum, we shouldn't respect you? Im sure there was a talking to, to Joey but it wont be revealed in the press.

It is irrelevant now but Joey got zero calls being held and I seen at least 5 myself. As a player I'd be pissed too. They had 3 penalties called on them, we had 7.....one was total bullshit.

Here's what I'm reading from you:

I'm frustrated with this team and I'm sick of losing and blowing games and im pissed at the HC for it. The players must hate him because i do.
            LOL, interesting interpretation

I know things are a bit different today but can you see bill parcells running onto the field to pick up lawrence taylor’s helmet because he got upset and threw it on the field?

Come to think of it, I’m doing taylor a huge injustice by even comparing him to someone like joey, HUGE…but that example came about because of the coaches not the players, but it serves to make my point, even for lawrence ‘fucking’ taylor! parcells would’ve never stooped that low, NEVER…

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I know things are a bit different today but can you see bill parcells running onto the field to pick up lawrence taylor’s helmet because he got upset and threw it on the field?

Come to think of it, I’m doing taylor a huge injustice by even comparing him to someone like joey, HUGE…but that example came about because of the coaches not the players, but it serves to make my point, even for lawrence ‘fucking’ taylor! parcells would’ve never stooped that low, NEVER…
              Yeah, that had horrible optics (i just rewatched it).

Bosa slams his helmet right in front of Staley;
              Helmet takes a weird hop bouncing back towards the field;
              Staley immediately rushes out onto the field to pick it up and hustles back to hand it to Bosa;
              Bosa, in mid stride, accepts helmet and slams it back down again.

Maybe if the helmet rolled to Staley feet and he merely picked it up .... but that?

Staley should have put that type of effort into screaming at refs for missing holding calls.

Players like Staley, they respect him as a good guy;
              they just don't mind letting him down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Maybe if Parcell's spent some time with Lawrence on a more personel level, he wouldn't of had a coke problem.

People are different and there are different ways to handle things and people, and to coach.

Some like the hard nose, talk down to you type, some wont and embrace the guy who takes a different approach and appreciates he knows their wifes name.
                Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I really don't see the point of whining and complaining about Joey or Staley.
                  Both will be back.
                  Next.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Slayer and MDubb can't stay healthy all year, Ekke is small and needs help and Everett is good but not great. I won't be shocked to see offensive weapons drafted early this year and for once I wouldn't be mad about it.
                    This, so much this.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

The way he responded to that incident was troubling, real troubling, the guy was out of compliance and instead of just owning it he made it seem like folks were out to get him…some paranoid bullshit for sure and with a touch of “how dare you write about me fucking up” sounds like a real immature asshole to me…
                      Sad Cry GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Slayer and MDubb can't stay healthy all year, Ekke is small and needs help and Everett is good but not great. I won't be shocked to see offensive weapons drafted early this year and for once I wouldn't be mad about it.
                        If Bijan Robinson is there I hope the chargers take him. Having a weapon that takes some of the pressure off Ekler between the tackles while forcing teams to drop safety’s to respect the run. He would allow more big plays over the top while allowing us to control the game with the run. Ekler and him could be a great duo and extend Ekler a career.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If we didn't have Herbert it would be a different story. But we do and in order to keep up with KC, Cincy, Buffalo we need weapons for Herbert.
                          We can have a much better defense especially if we learn to stop the run. But we're not going to beat those teams scoring 23ppg.
                          The NFL is an arms race
                          All 4 remaining teams understand this.
                          KC wanted to keep Hill, but he forced his way out.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X