2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Im a Ute fan. I live 15 minutes from Rice Eccles stadium I don't want Kincaid. He is more of a product of the system the Utes run.
    Well that's an interesting take, Super...would u take Washington over Kincaid?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      See the thing with Gronk he didn’t really get separation. He was just stronger and he had great hands.
      Great point! For that matter, Mike Will doesn't always get great separation, but he's so elite at going up the ladder to catch the rock, he has that huge advantage...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        6' 7'' 270 ! With Parnham on the other side 6'8'' 237 !
        Twin Towers...Washington and Parham...wow...for that matter, go 13 personnel in some packages with Everett in the slot! Who u gonna cover? Or, Washington BLOCKS for Everett on the screen! BOOM! The possibilities are endless! This is gonna be fun!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

That's what I saw. No one is outreaching him. If J Herbo realizes how big Darnell's sweet spot is, he's open every down if he's one on one with a D.
          Yep, with Washington's ultra-wide wingspan we can call him "The Condor"...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The one at 4:53 was even better
            How about that block Washington lays down at 0:37? Wow, the Bolts' screen play woes are gone if we draft this dude...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about that block Washington lays down at 0:37? Wow, the Bolts' screen play woes are gone if we draft this dude...

Washington can always be their 4rth OT.
              With injuries, bring back Storm when he gets cut by New Orleans, have him block down on a DT in pass pro, and have Washington take the edge player.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

I have always been on board with the Beast Washington!

I have this growing feeling they will pick Jordan Addison which does not thrill me...if you are doing that would rather have the more explosive Zay Flowers

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Washington can always be their 4rth OT.
                  With injuries, bring back Storm when he gets cut by New Orleans, have him block down on a DT in pass pro, and have Washington take the edge player.
                  Wow, Powdah, hadn't even THOUGHT of Washington as an O-lineman! Yep, if Pip is out, (hopefully not) plug El Condor in at RT and we're good to go! Instant ground game upgrade! BOOM!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, Powdah, hadn't even THOUGHT of Washington as an O-lineman! Yep, if Pip is out, (hopefully not) plug El Condor in at RT and we're good to go! Instant ground game upgrade! BOOM!
                    Ha I mentioned that months ago. With his athleticism if he put on 20-25 lbs he could be a very mobile athletic OT and may end up as such. He would make more money moving in that direction. Don't see him being a stud #1 TE.

But I'm a hell no on bringing Storm back!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      My 1st round cluster, all day 1 starters/heavy rotation guys and producers. Year 2 starters need not apply. I like the earlier EDs also, but I expect them to go early (Murphy goes early too IMO.)

Bijan Robinson, RB
                      Brian Branch, NB/S
                      Michael Mayer, TE
                      Dalton Kincaid, TE
                      Darnell Washington, TE
                      Myles Murphy, DE

Overall, I see QB, OT, ED and CB going early in 1st, RB, TE and WR (especially) going later in 1st.

I'm on board with your swing tackle, pass catching, run blocking, red zone threat!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Jordan Lewis reporting. The Chargers are adamant about acquiring a pass catcher in the draft. Reports have them zeroing on Jordan Addison in the 1st round.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

If the choice is between Washington and Kincaid I go Kincaid. Washington is billed as a run blocker, but in the NFL 6'7" TE's don't
                          project well at blocking, they tend to have a high pad level and will get exposed. Washington is a big target, but we already have
                          that in Parham. Washington only caught 28 passes, of course he played for Georgia but the point being we have no clue about his
                          route running. So in as far as receiving he'd be a bit of a project and we have Everett.

On the other hand Kincaid offers little as a blocker, but we shouldn't care. We need receiving options for Herbert. Our O line was
                          bad at opening holes for our RBs last year, but we have a new OC and the O line starters look good on paper. Kincaid as a receiving
                          TE is a bad matchup for LBs and he has great after the catch potential downfield. He is the best receiving TE in this year's class and
                          he's not exactly small either. He can be taught to be better at blocking.

If it comes down to Washington or Mayer that's a different conversation. Mayer would be an upgrade to Everett, but between him
                          and Washington it's a toss up.

Comment

Working...
                          X