2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I feel like one or the other for sure. New QB needs a safety net.
    an offensive weapon would also give the Packer front office the opportunity to give one last finger to rodgers.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

To each it’s one people react differently. I’m glad you are in recovery. I started smoking weed in high school and had success then stopped. Guys like Marshawn Lynch smoked it while playing. I’m just saying guys have success. Would it surprised you if Brady smoked it.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And thats the thing we will never know. Interviews are a big process that we will never know about unless a leak about a marajuana test comes possitive.....for which , i dont really care about that. Its legal now in many states and its in CDB oil though its supposed to be untraceable amounts (.3%)

I have taken CDB oil with THC and it doesnt do anything to me at all as far as a high effect. And i do NOT like being high and dont smoke weed for that reason.

As for Mims i hope that isnt true. It would be a player that Dean takes off his list.....maybe. Not sure about maturity issues with the Spanos.
        Side effects include misspelling acronyms.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Side effects include misspelling acronyms.
          Lol, I mispell many things. Really its just I'm a bad device typer. Have to edit constantly. Sometimes I don't catch it in time lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

There are guys that have smoked weed and there are chronic potheads. There are guys who have a scotch or two and there are alcoholics that wake up and drink before they do anything else.

Just knowing someone smoked weed does not tell us enough to assess the situation. I could care less if someone smoked weed but I’m not interested in dealing with chronic potheads, alcoholics, or any other substance abuser.

I have consumed much of both in my long life, i have consumed no weed for many decades and drink very little alcohol very rarely now. But I have the extensive critical knowledge and experience applicable to the topic, send me the details and I can tell you precisely what to make of it
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I'm not sure Mims has any flag for weed or not. Haven't seen it anywhere but IF he did and Dean pases on him for it, I'd be more than happy to pick Cedric Tillman instead.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I'm suddenly thinking Telesco is fine with their receiving corp and is not expecting the injuries from last year.
                They are pleased with Palmer, Mdub, and expect K.A. to be back to form - or a reasonable fascimile.

He'll bring in comp sometime on day 3.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

After reading the stuff below it's more enticing to me to trade down if there's no Bijan or top defensive player at #21 (which very well could happen). Trade down to the late-twenties or even the early part of the second round and get another pick late in the second or early in the third. I have no interest at all in picking a wide receiver in the first round. I think the second or third just might be the best place to get one. Keep in mind D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, and Michael Pittman all recently went in the second round.

2. Nine tight ends will be drafted within the top 100 picks

I go back and forth on a few guys, like Penn State’s Brenton Strange, Clemson’s Davis Allen and Michigan’s Luke Schoonmaker. In the end, I’m still guessing all three of those prospects land within the top 100, alongside Notre Dame’s Michael Mayer, Utah’s Dalton Kincaid, Georgia’s Darnell Washington, Oregon State’s Luke Musgrave, South Dakota State’s Tucker Kraft and Iowa’s Sam LaPorta.

Those last six are no-doubters, and all of them could be gone by the end of Round 2/beginning of Round 3. That’s the crazy part of this TE class — not so much that multiple tight ends are worthy of first-round consideration, but how many will earn no worse than a second-round grade.

In another cycle with less depth, a prospect like Schoonmaker or Old Dominion’s Zack Kuntz could see hear his name called much earlier than expected based on need. Not this year.

If you need a tight end and leave this draft without one, there’s no one to blame but yourself.

We watch every level of football pretty close here at The Athletic. Ten years ago, a 6-foot-6, 260-pound prospect with long arms, quick hands/feet and twitchy traits would’ve been shuffled to the offensive line room or an edge spot at a Power 5 program, in nearly every instance. Over time (especially in the last five years), we’ve seen more of those types of prospects — be it blue-chippers or three-star projects — stick at tight end, both because offenses are changing and because they’ve see how the NFL has completely embraced the uniqueness of the position.

Tight end — at all levels of the sport — is a position on the rise. We’ll see proof of that over the draft’s first two days.

3. Eight running backs will be selected by the end of Day 2

The running back conversation shares a few similarities with that of the tight ends. It’s not as elite a position at the top as the TEs (and probably not as good, in general), but this is a deep RB class that features a few prospects who almost surely will have first-round grades from multiple teams.

Texas’ Bijan Robinson and Alabama’s Jahmyr Gibbs would be worthy of a first-round selection. Gibbs is more on the fringe, but there’s zero doubt with Robinson. UCLA’s Zach Charbonnet could be a second-round option, as well as Texas A&M speedster Devon Achane. Those four are all in the top-60 range, if not firmly inside it. There should not be anything worse than a third-round grade for anyone in that group.

From there, Tulane’s Tyjae Spears, Texas’ Roschon Johnson, Auburn’s Tank Bigsby and maybe even TCU’s Kendre Miller all feel like they’ll do no worse than Round 3 grades. So, I’m going with eight running backs off the board by the end of Friday night, even though I really want to add Oklahoma’s Eric Gray, Ole Miss’ Zach Evans, Pitt’s Israel Abanikanda or Illinois’ Chase Brown.

This is a solid class, especially for those teams that aren’t afraid to draft a running back early.

4. Two (maybe more) CBs and zero WRs will be taken in the top 15

It’s too late for me to go back on this now. I’ve been pounding this table during nearly every Consensus Big Board update we’ve done: This is a good wide receiver class, but its strength lives in its depth and not with studs at the top.

Be it Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Quentin Johnston, Jordan Addison or even Zay Flowers, there isn’t a receiver on the board who doesn’t come with sizable questions — more than one, in some cases. I keep calling this WR group the “Island of Misfit Toys,” and I think that’ll hold up as truth. There are some really good football players in here, and all those players I just mentioned can help a team right now, but they’re going to have a hard time climbing team boards in front of more sure-fire prospects at other spots.

​​Now, if you’re wondering how many receivers will be gone by the end of Round 2, my answer would be something closer to nine or 10.
                  With less than a week left until the 2023 NFL Draft, let's take a few guesses at how the fortunes of several key positions could unfold.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      I'm suddenly thinking Telesco is fine with their receiving corp and is not expecting the injuries from last year.
                      They are pleased with Palmer, Mdub, and expect K.A. to be back to form - or a reasonable fascimile.

He'll bring in comp sometime on day 3.
                      My opinion is that RB and WR are the top priorities in this draft, the top priorities for the team. These needs need to be taken care of in the first three rounds, IMO.

Comment

• Icebolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                        After reading the stuff below it's more enticing to me to trade down if there's no Bijan or top defensive player at #21 (which very well could happen). Trade down to the late-twenties or even the early part of the second round and get another pick late in the second or early in the third. I have no interest at all in picking a wide receiver in the first round. I think the second or third just might be the best place to get one. Keep in mind D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, and Michael Pittman all recently went in the second round.

2. Nine tight ends will be drafted within the top 100 picks

I go back and forth on a few guys, like Penn State’s Brenton Strange, Clemson’s Davis Allen and Michigan’s Luke Schoonmaker. In the end, I’m still guessing all three of those prospects land within the top 100, alongside Notre Dame’s Michael Mayer, Utah’s Dalton Kincaid, Georgia’s Darnell Washington, Oregon State’s Luke Musgrave, South Dakota State’s Tucker Kraft and Iowa’s Sam LaPorta.

Those last six are no-doubters, and all of them could be gone by the end of Round 2/beginning of Round 3. That’s the crazy part of this TE class — not so much that multiple tight ends are worthy of first-round consideration, but how many will earn no worse than a second-round grade.

In another cycle with less depth, a prospect like Schoonmaker or Old Dominion’s Zack Kuntz could see hear his name called much earlier than expected based on need. Not this year.

If you need a tight end and leave this draft without one, there’s no one to blame but yourself.

We watch every level of football pretty close here at The Athletic. Ten years ago, a 6-foot-6, 260-pound prospect with long arms, quick hands/feet and twitchy traits would’ve been shuffled to the offensive line room or an edge spot at a Power 5 program, in nearly every instance. Over time (especially in the last five years), we’ve seen more of those types of prospects — be it blue-chippers or three-star projects — stick at tight end, both because offenses are changing and because they’ve see how the NFL has completely embraced the uniqueness of the position.

Tight end — at all levels of the sport — is a position on the rise. We’ll see proof of that over the draft’s first two days.

3. Eight running backs will be selected by the end of Day 2

The running back conversation shares a few similarities with that of the tight ends. It’s not as elite a position at the top as the TEs (and probably not as good, in general), but this is a deep RB class that features a few prospects who almost surely will have first-round grades from multiple teams.

Texas’ Bijan Robinson and Alabama’s Jahmyr Gibbs would be worthy of a first-round selection. Gibbs is more on the fringe, but there’s zero doubt with Robinson. UCLA’s Zach Charbonnet could be a second-round option, as well as Texas A&M speedster Devon Achane. Those four are all in the top-60 range, if not firmly inside it. There should not be anything worse than a third-round grade for anyone in that group.

From there, Tulane’s Tyjae Spears, Texas’ Roschon Johnson, Auburn’s Tank Bigsby and maybe even TCU’s Kendre Miller all feel like they’ll do no worse than Round 3 grades. So, I’m going with eight running backs off the board by the end of Friday night, even though I really want to add Oklahoma’s Eric Gray, Ole Miss’ Zach Evans, Pitt’s Israel Abanikanda or Illinois’ Chase Brown.

This is a solid class, especially for those teams that aren’t afraid to draft a running back early.

4. Two (maybe more) CBs and zero WRs will be taken in the top 15

It’s too late for me to go back on this now. I’ve been pounding this table during nearly every Consensus Big Board update we’ve done: This is a good wide receiver class, but its strength lives in its depth and not with studs at the top.

Be it Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Quentin Johnston, Jordan Addison or even Zay Flowers, there isn’t a receiver on the board who doesn’t come with sizable questions — more than one, in some cases. I keep calling this WR group the “Island of Misfit Toys,” and I think that’ll hold up as truth. There are some really good football players in here, and all those players I just mentioned can help a team right now, but they’re going to have a hard time climbing team boards in front of more sure-fire prospects at other spots.

​​Now, if you’re wondering how many receivers will be gone by the end of Round 2, my answer would be something closer to nine or 10.
                        IF Ekeler is trade, which would be a grave day in Charger history, then I see Chargers drafting Gibbs in 1st. round.!!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

IF Ekeler is trade, which would be a grave day in Charger history, then I see Chargers drafting Gibbs in 1st. round.!!
                          Gibbs is one of the guys in my 1st Round cluster, regardless of Ekeler's trade status.

Gibbs has blazing speed and good receiving skills-- he could absolutely be the guy who's job is to stretch the defense as a receiving threat, and also be a factor in the running game.

I'd be much more geeked about getting Gibbs at #21 than ANY wideout in this years receiving class.

Comment

Working...
                          X