2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

bolt bros podcast have suggested that there have already been a dozen ofr more teams offereing capital or f=drsaft picls for Ekler.... but that has not happenmed indivatinmg chargerrs are holding out for most desperste team....this potential trade could affect how we draft?!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
      bolt bros podcast have suggested that there have already been a dozen ofr more teams offereing capital or f=drsaft picls for Ekler.... but that has not happenmed indivatinmg chargerrs are holding out for most desperste team....this potential trade could affect how we draft?!
      Could be true but find it hard to believe they have any inside info.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        I’m gonna help the guy who made the post about the Chiefs and Mahomes and cornerbacks.

stop it. Patrick Mahomes shredded Darius Slay and Bradbury arguably two of the best cornerbacks in football. This is the new NFL you have to score. Did you see the super bowl? Hurts??? You gotta take it to the chiefs.

our offense sucked against Jacksonville and we got our asses kicked. We need some playmakers.
        Just crazy talk here.
        I'm all in on assembling finally that shut down defense: we are so close.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Well, if it's CJ Stroud I would draft him, train him, and put him in the best possible light. Then trade him for two 1sts and two seconds. We have a top tier back-up for two seasons plus an investment. LOL!
          You think a QB that falls to #21, and then never plays in the NFL, will then command 2 #2s and 2 #1s in 2 years? Wow - thats positive thinking, for sure!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

3 years ago we needed a QB
            2 years ago we needed a LT
            1 year ago we needed a OG

how am I doing so far?

What if BPA is a QB? Are you drafting a QB at 21? No, you’re not. so it’s settled: BPA may or may not improve the team. You HAVE TO consider who is available and what does your team need to get the most improvement as a team. If that is BPA - double winner, easy pick! If not, you gotta earn your paycheck. how much better is BPA vs how much needed is Position - that is a two-factor analysis. Then add in factors like health risk, scheme fit, time to develop, max ceiling (and probability of getting to it), and its a differential equation.

Climb out of those linear boxes, whether it’s the BPA box, the Trench box, the Herbie Weapon box, the Edge Rush box, or any linear box you’ve arbitrarily constructed, fellas. We’re playing Stratego 3D, not Checkers. There are no simple answers in this life.
            I just don't see JSN/Addison/Flowers as the choice, or even Mayer (i'd hate that pick),
            I don't think these guys have first round grades from Telesco (just a weird hunch).

I can see Jahmyr Gibbs with a 1rst round grade,
            I can even see Quentin Johnston with a 1rst round grade.
            Some here are wild about Kincaide .... all right: maybe, that's Telesco.

No way does Maher have a first round grade...no way.

One player with a 1rst down grade from Telesco/John Boy will probably fall ..... who is it?

That player won't be a qb, or they'd go earlier.

That's what beachcomber means by positionless.
            That's what we should be considering.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

3 years ago you nailed it w/JH.... me, I had Wirfs
              2 years ago I liked Zaven Collins and wasn't sure that Slater was better than Darrisaw
              1 year ago I was the early bird on Zion, but really wanted Garrett Wilson, and also liked Jermaine Johnson early and Jameson Williams later on

my thought on Herbert was that I wanted an Oline (liked the Rams FA LT for us as well there) for Rivers, as wasn't sure 'bout Herbert ??
              my thought on Collins was that I thought, and still do think, that we need a real MLB, and no matter how far off base I was on my talent eval.
              and w/Wilson/Jameson, the top wideouts were off the board, and luckily we didn't go for a Plan B wideout or for Penning, despite our perceived need @RT

and it is a matter of being in the balance.... how much is the pick based on need, and how much is said player just the best all things considered.... personally I lean toward the latter.

and here you go again, elevating yourself to king lofty status while having to get in the dig that I am a linear/box arbitrary thinker, etc....

am usually first outta the draft box come late summer or so, and.... there is plenty of room for arm chair pundits here and w/most any other NFL team, as most GMs are avg, hitting on but half their picks.... we get to pull out our pea shooters every day, as every pundit and GM alike has holes to their game, and.... congrats on making a coupla early round picks, albeit am not sure that qualifies you as any guru, if that's what you are perpetrating as ??
              Lol, i didn’t pick all three of them, certainly not the early bird on Slater or Zion. My one great call was Herbie but otherwise you guys are way better scouts than me. My point wasn’t that I, as in ME, picked great picks, sorry to mis-state it so it was confusing. I meant was a reply to the statement to the effect “when has picking for need ever worked out?” Those were the last 3 #1 picks, all were for need and all turned out great.

I don’t believe in pure BPA, never have and never will. Need to be holistic on what will best improve the team overall, and if BPA is going to back up a current star, there is probably a better way to improve the team. I’m not looking 5 and 7 years out, I’m looking now. There is no such thing as a 5 year plan in NFL anymore, thats a joke. its win now league.

sorry - no, I’m not as good a scout as many here. Didn’t mean to imply i am, much less i am better

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

JSN fans, know this.
                  He has an historically slow 10 Yard Split time.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    JSN fans, know this.
                    He has an historically slow 10 Yard Split time.
                    He’s not my guy for WR. Not even my third. but as gru noted, wtf do I know

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      He even mentioned Rountree yesterday.

Huh huh huh huh.

TT are you scamming us ?
                      Liar's month. I don't believe TT has said a word about Rountree for months, or all season for that matter...then ALL OF A SUDDEN, even with the Ekkie situation, he's downplaying the need for a RB...hyping Rountree, Kelley and Spiller as if they're the second coming of Csonka, Morris and Kiick...you better believe he's strongly considering RB...Ekkie might be gone next year, and Moore might not be all that high on Kelley, Rountree or Spiller...he'll probably be pounding the table for RB in first few rounds...

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

CBS's latest mock. How would you feel about this? Bijan Robinson RB

Mock Trade from Detroit Lions
                        Round 1 - Pick 18​

TEXAS • JR • 5'11" / 215 LBS
                        PROJECTED TEAM

L.A. Chargers
                        PROSPECT RNK

20th
                        POSITION RNK

4th
                        The teams swap first-round picks with the Lions getting a third-rounder and the Chargers adding a fifth and a sixth. Austin Ekeler is mad, wants a new contract and asked to be traded. The Chargers answer his requests by selecting the most talented RB since Saquon Barkley.​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Just crazy talk here.
                          I'm all in on assembling finally that shut down defense: we are so close.
                          there is no Sauce Gardner in this draft. I repeat no Sauce Gardner. That ain’t Clark Phillips USC still lit Utah up on defense don’t get shit twisted there defense sucked. Was ass.

look at the Oregon tape that offense lit up Utah.
                          Just saying.

we got a defense Derwin James Joey Bosa Khalil Mack we’ve jumped to add defense Murray Tillary we have Callahan at Cornerback. Spent a boatload on JC Jackson.

He needs to get his ass back on the field.

you need offense look at the teams that beat the Chiefs. We lost and blew a 27 point lead In the playoffs cause we couldn’t score.

we need to get offensive help Zay Flowers Michael Mayer Washington Addison Gibbs Hyatt Charbonett I don’t care who it is we need playmaking musgrave Kincaid. We need guys are gonna help us score.

Comment

Working...
                          X