• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I still like Ford-Wheaton for a later round pick, rather than burn a round one on a potato chip like Flowers. BFW is 6-4 221lbs and ran a 4.38 at the combine and received a lot of good press there. I also like Matt Landers late. 6-4 200lbs and he ran a 4.37 at the combine. We have so many other needs than a round 1 or 2 wide receiver.

Take what is given in round 1 and 2 and pack the roster 3 - 7. We have to do this!
    I like BFW but we need likely 2 WRs. Rather get one early that can play earlier. You never know till they get on a NFL field but there's a reason Wheaton is ranked 5th round and Flowers is ranked a first. Much rather have Tillman and Mingo over Wheaton, but as a 2nd WR draft pick later in the draft , sure id like Wheaton but he isn't a great route runner and a reason why is he ranked lower.

I want some speed at WR but I'm not all about a 40 time.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-26-2023, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Mock of the day

IMG_0090.jpg
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

2023 NFL mock draft: Matt Miller's seven-round predictions, picks

ESPN9:30 PM UTC

• Matt MillerESPN
        Welcome to 2023 NFL draft week. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we will hear 259 names called as top prospects and future stars are selected to new teams. Why not project them all? I made picks across all seven rounds based on what I'm hearing around the league in my final mock draft. Ultimately, 12 quarterbacks found landing spots, including five in the first round. And while I opted against projecting trades, I did make a key update to the mock draft. I tweaked my predictions from Sunday to reflect the much-anticipated Aaron Rodgers trade to the Jets. Check out how the deal altered draft night for the Packers, Jets and a few other teams.
        Here are my predictions for Rounds 1-7. I provided complete breakdowns for the first three rounds then picked my favorite fit in each Day 3 round. And I also wove in intel from scouts, execs and coaches from numerous phone calls and texts over the past 10 days as we try to get a better understanding of how things will play out. Let's get to it, starting with the Panthers' decision at No. 1 and wrapping up with Mr. Irrelevant for the Texans at No. 259. (Compensatory picks are denoted with an asterisk.)

Jump to a round: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
        ROUND 1

1. Carolina Panthers (from CHI)

Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
        After months of scouting and interviews, the Panthers appear to be set on Young. He is a poised competitor with awesome accuracy on the move and an ability to find passing windows despite a smaller 5-foot-10, 204-pound frame. Young is NFL-ready thanks to his fast-processing ability and what he offers as a creator when plays break down.
        Multiple sources told me that once the Panthers' coaching staff dove back into the film on Young, it was convinced he should be the No. 1 pick. "There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, especially in the coaching ranks, but Bryce won the entire organization over," said one former team executive with knowledge of the team's plans.
        2. Houston Texans

Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama
        When filling out a mock draft, you try to balance intel with logic. The intel surrounding this pick says that the Texans will select Anderson. In fact, one team source told me the only player the Texans met with twice during the pre-draft process was the Alabama edge rusher. But the current quarterback depth chart features Davis Mills and Case Keenum, and you would think the Texans would be all-in on the most important position in sports. Ohio State's C.J. Stroud was arguably the best QB in college football the past two seasons and operates beautifully from the pocket.
        But again, mocks are based on what we're hearing and not what we would do if we were making the picks ourselves. If the Panthers don't take Young, I expect Houston would go QB. Otherwise, Anderson would be an immediate help on a defense looking for playmakers off the edge.
        EDITOR'S PICKS 3. Arizona Cardinals

Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech
        The Cardinals would love to trade out of this spot and Adam Schefter reported that six teams have inquired about the No. 3 pick. If only one QB is off the board, there is the possibility that a team jumps the Colts to take one, but in my calls around the league, I wasn't able to find a club motivated to do that. That leaves the Cardinals with limited options, one of which is to stand pat and select a 6-6 powerful pass-rusher with the highest ceiling of any edge defender in the class.
        Multiple league sources said they believe this pick will ultimately be traded, but no one was willing to make a firm prediction on where the Cardinals would land in Round 1. With so much uncertainty here, we'll keep the pick in Arizona with a premier defensive line talent coming to the Valley.
        4. Indianapolis Colts

C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
        The latest buzz around the NFL continues to focus on the Colts preferring Kentucky's Will Levis over Florida's Anthony Richardson due to his NFL-readiness and background in a pro-style offense, but none of that matters with Stroud surprisingly still on the board. After being schooled in Ohio State's timing-based system, Stroud has the arm strength, toughness and mobility to fit the Shane Steichen offense. He isn't Jalen Hurts, whom Steichen worked with in Philly, but he is a solid mover in and out of the pocket and has the arm talent to make every throw.
        With the Colts backed into a corner, quarterback has to be the play in Round 1. One league source with knowledge of the Colts' thinking said they might ultimately flip picks with the Cardinals but that would be an "on-the-clock" move and not one that happens pre-draft.
        5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)

Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
        This is the best possible scenario for the Seahawks, with a player many scouts say is the best in this class falling to No. 5 overall. The Seahawks have done work on quarterbacks and have been connected to Illinois cornerback Devon Witherspoon, but Carter being available changes everything. His first-step quickness and interior pass-rush ability would be a big boost for the Seahawks.
        6. Detroit Lions (from LAR)

Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
        Witherspoon, a feisty cover man who plays an aggressive style, is a perfect Dan Campbell pick. The Lions could play the board in this scenario and consider a quarterback, but team sources said Detroit is confident in Jared Goff and can address other needs here. Witherspoon has the ball skills, toughness and speed to become the team's CB1; he grabbed three interceptions in 2022, with 14 pass breakups.
        7. Las Vegas Raiders

Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
        The Raiders brought in Jimmy Garoppolo, but he turns 32 this season, hasn't been the picture of health and signed for the middle-of-the-road money. Richardson is a talent-rich prospect with limited experience (13 starts) in a non-pro-style offense, but his elite size, arm strength and running ability -- he has two rushing touchdowns of more than 80 yards -- are simply too tempting to pass on without a true franchise quarterback in place. And Garoppolo's injury history could open the door for Richardson to see meaningful playing time in his rookie season while learning on the job.
        8. Atlanta Falcons

Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia
        Smith can be a game-changer in Ryan Nielsen's defense given his ability to win in space. His speed, awareness and three-down traits make him a utility knife off the edge. Multiple sources around the league said that Texas running back Bijan Robinson might be too good to pass up here, but the premium position is pass-rusher, which is why Smith gets his name on the draft card. Despite playing in only eight games because of a torn pectoral muscle in 2022, Smith collected three sacks, seven tackles for loss and 17 pressures.
        9. Chicago Bears (from CAR)

Lukas Van Ness, DE, Iowa
        The Bears are positioned to take the best player available in Ryan Poles' second draft, and Van Ness offers both an immediate impact and a stunning ceiling. He didn't start at Iowa but produced seven sacks in 2022. At 6-5 and 272 pounds, with 34-inch arms, he has fantastic open-field agility. During position drills at the combine, one scout texted me that he "looks like a strong safety" given his movement and ability to change directions. In coach Matt Eberflus' 4-3 defense, you would love to see an interior pass-rusher here, but there isn't a defensive tackle worthy of the No. 9 pick with Carter off the board. play 0:41 Lukas Van Ness' NFL draft profile
        Check out the highlights from Iowa pass rusher Lukas Van Ness.
        10. Philadelphia Eagles (from NO)

Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
        James Bradberry and Darius Slay are returning for at least one more year, but the Eagles' salary cap dictates they'll need to find cheap starters and this is a chance to get a blue-chip player at value. Gonzalez had four interceptions in 2022 and has 4.38 speed at 6-foot-2. Given the aggressiveness of general manager Howie Roseman, a trade-back in this scenario is very possible. Philadelphia is obsessed with adding future first-round picks and a team might want to come up to get Will Levis.
        11. Tennessee Titans

Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
        The Titans have done homework on the top five quarterbacks in preparation for life after Ryan Tannehill and are in an ideal situation to draft and develop a passer. Levis would be a fantastic play for Tennessee given his arm strength, mobility and toughness in the pocket.
        Why the slide for Levis? There are concerns among NFL scouts about his age (24) and that his style of play will lead to injuries in the NFL -- much like Carson Wentz, given both players' penchants for staying in the pocket and absorbing hits from pass-rushers. Levis is seen as NFL-ready -- former offensive coordinator Liam Coen has been vocal in his belief in Levis as a franchise quarterback -- but he'll have to speed up his process in the NFL and cut down on the 23 interceptions he threw over the past two years.
        12. Houston Texans (from CLE)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
        The Texans have made additions at wide receiver (Robert Woods, Noah Brown) but still lack a true WR1. Smith-Njigba missed most of the 2022 season with a hamstring injury, but the last time we saw him healthy, he was setting records in the Rose Bowl after the 2021 season. The Texans' need at receiver meets perfect value. Smith-Njigba -- my WR1 and No. 5 overall player -- has rare short-area quickness, burst and body control. Sources at Ohio State routinely say JSN has the tools to be as good or better than former teammates Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, two players who went over 1,000 yards in their rookie seasons.
        13. Green Bay Packers (from NYJ)

Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
        It has been 21 years since the Packers used a first-round pick on a pass-catcher, but with a new quarterback to break in, Green Bay has to surround Jordan Love with targets who can create yards after the catch and put pressure on the defense. Jaxon Smith-Njigba also would have made a ton of sense if he were available, but let's go with Kincaid after the Aaron Rodgers trade. Kincaid, who recently recovered from a back injury, is the best threat in this tight end class when it comes to creating space in his route tree. "There's definitely some [George] Kittle to his game," one AFC scout told me, "but he's not there yet as a blocker."
        If the Packers decide to wait until Round 2 to tap into the very deep tight end class, I've heard that a pass-rusher such as Clemson's Myles Murphy could be a fit on Day 1.
        14. New England Patriots

Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
        With the top four tackles all on the board, the Patriots can take the most pro-ready of the group. Johnson initially started at right guard while waiting his turn at left tackle at Ohio State, but he moved there in 2022 and surrendered just two sacks. With excellent length and mobility in space, he is a Day 1 starter who was battle-tested in the Big Ten and College Football Playoffs. And based on what I'm hearing, don't be surprised if Johnson comes off the board much earlier Thursday night given a belief around the league that he's the best tackle in the class.
        15. New York Jets (from GB)

Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
        Lost in all the excitement of Aaron Rodgers being traded to the Jets is the fact that the offensive line needs help. Left tackle Mekhi Becton has barely played in two years and veteran Duane Brown is a Band-Aid at this point. The run on offensive linemen has begun and the Jets don't want to miss out on the action.
        Jones -- who could probably go as high as No. 9 overall -- is raw and inexperienced after starting for just one season at Georgia, but his tape is the meanest of any blocker in the draft. "Jones is what you'd get if you could design a run-blocker," one college scouting director said. "He's just so long, so agile, and his power in space is awesome."
        What to know for the 2023 NFL draft

Ranks: Kiper | McShay | Positional
        Mocks: Kiper | McShay | Miller | Reid
        • |
        • |
        • | | 16. Washington Commanders

Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
        Porter has just one career interception but was a constant around the ball, producing 17 pass breakups during his time at Penn State. With 34-inch arm length and 4.46 speed, he has the traits to become a lockdown corner in either a zone or man scheme.
        I also consistently hear that the Commanders could consider a quarterback at this spot if one falls, but I'm buying the team's belief in Sam Howell and Jacoby Brissett as options for 2023 -- especially with the top four gone here.
        17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
        The Steelers haven't selected an offensive tackle in the first round since 1996 (Jamain Stephens). It's time. Wright is the best right tackle in the class and an immediate plug-and-play option. Coming from Tennessee's up-tempo, air-it-out system, he's ready in pass protection but has toughness in the run game. An NFL area scout said, "Wright was one of the most improved players in the country and he did that with it being his first year at a new position."
        18. Detroit Lions

Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh
        At 6-1 and 281 pounds, Kancey doesn't have prototypical defensive tackle size, but his speed off the snap is rare. He posted a staggering 4.67-second run in the 40-yard dash with a 1.64-second split. "You'd worry more about his size if there weren't guys like [Aaron] Donald and Grady Jarrett having success with a similar makeup," said one NFC scout.
        19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
        I didn't project any trades in the first round of this mock draft, so good players are falling down the board. The Buccaneers benefit after releasing longtime starter Donovan Smith
        20. Seattle Seahawks

Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson
        A source with knowledge of the Seahawks' draft plans told me this week that the floor for Murphy is No. 20 -- if the team doesn't select a defensive end at No. 5. Murphy, who blazed a 4.51-second 40-yard dash while weighing 270 pounds at his pro day, would give Seattle's defense the juice it needs coming off the edge. In a base 3-4 scheme, Murphy's ability in space would be a welcome addition, but it's his long-arm pass-rush move and power in the run game that would be the most immediate boost to the team. With Dre'Mont Jones signed in free agency and Jalen Carter projected at No. 5 overall, Seattle can remake the defensive line as it did with the offensive line in 2022.
        21. Los Angeles Chargers

Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
        Finding a landing spot for my No. 3 overall player is tough. Which team will value talent over positional value? A general manager I spoke with said, "The Eagles [at No. 10] make sense, but I could see him sliding to the early 20s." I projected the latter, with Robinson's wait ending with the Chargers landing a potential replacement for Austin Ekeler, who recently requested a trade. Robinson is a three-down, do-it-all back who can very quickly be the best in the NFL.
        "He's the best [running back] prospect I can remember evaluating," said one NFC scout with over 20 years on the job. Robinson's contact-balance, vision and speed are top tier. He rushed for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2022 with an FBS-leading 91 forced missed tackles.
        22. Baltimore Ravens

Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
        Even after signing Odell Beckham Jr., there is still a need in Baltimore for pass-catchers. Flowers' stock has been soaring of late, with multiple scouts predicting he would be selected in the top 20 on Thursday night. His burst and ability to line up both in the slot and split out wide have won him many fans in the NFL scouting community despite a 5-9, 183-pound frame. Flowers' improvement over the past four seasons at BC has been widely praised by evaluators, too. "He went from having bad hands in '20 to some of the best hands in football last year," said one longtime AFC scout. play 0:52 Zay Flowers' NFL draft profile
        Check out the best highlights that contributed to a Boston College WR Zay Flowers' stellar college career.
        23. Minnesota Vikings

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee
        One of the most popular texts I've gotten from evaluators throughout the past 10 days has been some form of "Watch the Vikings for Hendon Hooker." That could be NFL scouts connecting dots, but the Round 1 talk for Hooker has been red hot since the combine and the Vikings do make sense for the dynamic passer. With Kirk Cousins set to hit free agency following the 2023 season at age 35, finding his replacement should be a priority.
        Hooker will need to adjust to the spacing of the NFL after playing in the tempo spread at Tennessee, but he's accurate and mobile, and he throws a beauty of a deep ball. As for Hooker's ceiling, one NFL quarterbacks coach I spoke to said he believes he can be a top-15 starter. "Look at [Jared] Goff, Geno Smith, Cousins ... he has better all-around tools than those guys. The right system will help, but from a talent perspective, he can be a top-half-of-the-league guy."
        24. Jacksonville Jaguars

Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
        Two years after selecting Tyson Campbell in the first round, the Jaguars are back on the board with another big, long, fast cornerback prospect. Banks was one of the biggest in-season risers with a 6-2 frame, 4.35 speed and 10 pass breakups in the '22 season. "He can be a really good CB2 or a CB1 in a zone scheme," said one NFC scout. "He got beat up in man coverage last year because teams threw at him a lot, but better coaching with his athletic gifts will unlock that ability." The Jaguars are in a position to add talent for future needs and Banks' upside is worth developing.
        25. New York Giants

Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
        Two numbers come up often when discussing Forbes with NFL scouts: 14 and 6. The first number, 14, is how many interceptions he accumulated in the past three years at Mississippi State. The second, 6, is how many of those interceptions he returned for touchdowns. At 6 feet and 166 pounds, there are concerns about Forbes' lean frame, but his play doesn't reflect that.
        "I didn't see any lack of strength in his actual tape," said one AFC area scout. "He's lean, but so was Sauce Gardner." The Giants are rumored to be looking at wide receiver and cornerback in Round 1 and Forbes being available should make this an easy decision given the Day 2 depth at receiver.
        26. Dallas Cowboys

Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
        "There is no way in hell Jerry Jones passes up a Jason Witten clone if he's on the board." That's how one rival scout with over 20 years in the business described this projection. Mayer would be a safety valve in the middle of the field for Dak Prescott; he caught 180 passes for 2,099 yards and 18 touchdowns over three seasons in South Bend. Mayer is a great run-blocker but also might have the best hands of any pass-catcher in this class.
        27. Buffalo Bills

Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
        In conversations with people around the league this past week, the Bills were mentioned as a team likely to trade out of the first round. "They have six picks and a lot more needs than that," said one rival area scout. Multiple sources also pointed to the fact that GM Brandon Beane has to start finding inexpensive starters, since superstars like Josh Allen, Von Miller and Stefon Diggs take up a large part of the salary cap. If Buffalo doesn't trade, though, this is a great spot for a WR2 to complement Diggs. Gabe Davis enters a contract year and will likely price himself out of the team's long-term plans. Johnston, a 6-3 target with downfield speed and the hands to excel in 50-50 situations, could give Allen another vertical target.

Get your favorite live sports, stories and originals with ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu. Upgrade to a Disney Bundle plan and start streaming something for everyone today! 28. Cincinnati Bengals

DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
        If you're looking for one position that needs an upgrade to get the Bengals back to the Super Bowl, it's cornerback. And Turner -- who ran a combine-best 4.26 seconds in the 40-yard-dash -- has the tools to be great. He dominates at the line of scrimmage in press coverage and has the speed to run in-phase with the best receivers in the AFC.
        29. New Orleans Saints (from SF/MIA/DEN)

Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern
        Adebawore is one of the most intriguing players in the class. His combine testing was legendary -- a 4.49-second 40-yard dash at 6-2 and 282 pounds turned plenty of heads -- but he produced just 12.5 sacks in four seasons of play. "Doesn't matter where you grade him, he's going first round," said one AFC area scout. Many other evaluators echoed that, saying their teams had Round 2-3 grades on Adebawore but his potential would push him into the first. With rare speed, quickness and the positional versatility to play end or tackle, Adebawore has legitimate upside. The Saints are still trying to replace Trey Hendrickson's pass-rush production, so that upside is too good to pass on.
        30. Philadelphia Eagles

Brian Branch, S, Alabama
        Branch is the lone safety in this class with a first-round grade, which means teams that need a safety can either draft one early or miss out on starter-level prospects. Branch was a one-year starter at Bama and has experience playing slot cornerback, nickel safety, strong safety and single-high. He's a true do-it-all prospect with fantastic instincts and quickness. The Eagles could make a lot of sense. They are looking to replace C.J. Gardner-Johnson and Branch has the same skill set (and a higher ceiling).
        31. Kansas City Chiefs

Jordan Addison, WR, USC

"There's no way K.C. uses all [its] picks this year. They'll either trade up or trade out," said one rival GM. But a surprising drop down the board for the receivers allows the Chiefs to select a potential WR1 without moving up. Addison is primarily a slot receiver but has 219 catches and 29 touchdowns over the past three years (two at Pitt). The Chiefs are rumored to be happy with the core group of receivers on the roster, but a sure-handed, savvy route runner like Addison is something the team lacks.
        ROUND 2

32. Pittsburgh Steelers (from CHI)

Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
        Getting younger in the secondary takes priority in Round 2, where the Steelers can draft a high-upside cornerback to learn under Patrick Peterson and push Levi Wallace. Ringo had legitimate first-round buzz before the 2022 season began but struggled in man coverage. He is 6-2, 207 pounds and ran a 4.36 in the 40-yard dash, so the all-around potential is promising. And Pittsburgh has a track record of strong player development.
        33. Houston Texans

Drew Sanders, ILB, Arkansas
        Rarely do you find middle linebacker prospects coming off a 9.5-sack season, but that's the case with Sanders, a transfer from Alabama. Watching him in an early-September practice last year, I was blown away by his sheer size (6-4, 235 pounds) and mobility in space. Coach DeMeco Ryans -- a pretty good linebacker in his own right -- would have a field day scheming up ways to get Sanders involved against the run and passing games. play 0:45 Drew Sanders' NFL draft profile
        Check out the highlights that contributed to Drew Sanders' career at Arkansas.
        34. Arizona Cardinals

Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
        It's a total rebuild in Arizona with a new front office and new coaching staff. After securing an excellent pass-rusher in the first round, the attention turns to the offensive line in Round 2. The regression of left tackle D.J. Humphries in 2022 and veteran Kelvin Beachum holding down the right side means young O-line talent could be incoming. Harrison is seen as a right tackle by some scouts and his quickness and balance in space have some believing he'll be an early starter on that side if he's able to add power to his game.
        35. Indianapolis Colts

Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
        The fleet-footed Hyatt is a perfect asset to combine with C.J. Stroud to restart the Colts' offense. Hyatt, who won the 2022 Biletnikoff Award, had 15 touchdowns on 67 catches while averaging 18.9 yards per catch. He's is a vertical stretch burner, and teaming him with Michael Pittman Jr. and Alec Pierce would give Indianapolis a legitimate WR room that can support a young quarterback. With a healthy Jonathan Taylor returning at tailback and a new scheme brought in by coach Shane Steichen, this Colts team would suddenly be one to watch in the AFC South.
        36. Los Angeles Rams

Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
        Pick a position, and the Rams probably need help there, either now or in the very near future. That sets up for a "best player available" pick. At 284 pounds, White has power and positional versatility. The Rams currently have two street free agents projected to start at defensive end and must add multiple pass-rushers in this draft. White is game-ready and could move throughout the defensive line in Raheem Morris' scheme.
        37. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)

Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
        Star wide receiver Tyler Lockett will turn 31 this season and DK Metcalf has an out in his contract after the 2024 season. So the Seahawks could invest at receiver early in this draft. Downs, who dominated from the slot at North Carolina, has a similar build to Lockett at 5-9 and 171 pounds and wins consistently with short-area burst and agility. He is an expert route runner on choice and option plays.
        38. Las Vegas Raiders

Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
        Bresee started the 2022 season as a first-round prospect on my board, but he couldn't match his earlier career tape as he made his way back from injury. The Raiders, however, can afford to take a chance on his upside and bet on a healthy Bresee returning to form. At 6-6 and 298 pounds, he has positional versatility and could slide from 5-technique to 3-technique.
        39. Carolina Panthers

Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
        The Panthers added Adam Thielen and DJ Chark in free agency, but they still need long-term options. Tillman was red-hot early in the 2022 season (37 catches, three TDs in six games) before a high ankle sprain shut him down. He is a possession receiver who wins on breaking routes like slants and comebacks -- which can boost a young quarterback like Bryce Young.
        2023 NFL draft rankings

• |
        • |
        • | | 40. New Orleans Saints

Will McDonald IV, DE, Iowa State
        The Saints steal a potential first-rounder in McDonald, who has excellent quickness in space and a great long-arm pass-rush move. With 33 career sacks, McDonald brings savviness and experience to the NFL and is ready to play right away. Combined with Adetomiwa Adebawore in Round 1, the Saints would have an answer for a pass rush that generated just 18.5 sacks from defensive ends in 2022.
        41. Tennessee Titans

Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
        If the Titans are upset about losing A.J. Brown during the 2022 NFL draft, a potential replacement can be found at his alma mater. Mingo is another 6-2, 220-pound pass-catcher from Ole Miss who beats up underneath coverage and runs through tackles in space. He had a breakout season in 2022 with 51 catches and five touchdowns. He had a combine performance in which he ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash and jumped 39.5 inches in the vertical to really start a draft rise.
        42. Green Bay Packers (from CLE/NYJ)

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, OLB, Kansas State
        Anudike-Uzomah had 20.5 sacks over the past three years and at 6-3 and 255 pounds, he has the body type, length and quickness to play either standing up or with a hand down in the Packers' scheme. He has starter upside and could be the eventual replacement for Preston Smith.
        43. New York Jets

John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
        Much like the Jets' selection in Round 1, the offensive line has to be a priority of this offseason with Aaron Rodgers joining the team before the 2023 season. Schmitz is a powerful blocker in space with great mobility to reach linebackers and physicality at the point of attack. He is a seasoned blocker who is NFL-ready, with one NFC area scout comparing him to Creed Humphrey in a conversation at the Senior Bowl.
        44. Atlanta Falcons

Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson
        Adding speed on defense is the theme of this Atlanta draft so far, with Nolan Smith selected to rush the quarterback, and Simpson picked to be a playmaker at weakside linebacker. Simpson, who ran a 4.43 at the combine, has the rare speed and short-area quickness to be a factor in a pass-coverage and run-defending role.
        45. Green Bay Packers

Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
        Rodgers is gone, and the Packers are loading up on pass-catchers. Scott is a legitimate deep threat who can force opposing defenses to play on their heels -- which in turn would open things up for Dalton Kincaid and Christian Watson underneath. Scott had 54 catches and nine scores in 2022 while emerging as a go-to target. The Packers could look for offensive line help here too, but with so many receivers coming off the board early in the round, it's smart to grab another front-line pass-catcher.
        46. New England Patriots

Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
        The current Patriots' depth chart features smaller cornerbacks in Jonathan Jones and Jack Jones, so I like the addition of a corner with height, length and physicality. Brents, who is 6-3 and 198 pounds with elite traits, would fit the bill. At the combine, Brents jumped 41.5 inches in the vertical, and his speed and burst were on display during Senior Bowl week. Seattle's Tariq Woolen was a fifth-round pick last year, and Brents could make a similar type of impact.
        47. Washington Commanders

BJ Ojulari, OLB, LSU
        The Commanders will have decisions to make on Chase Young and Montez Sweat in the upcoming offseason, so adding a pass-rusher would give the team flexibility in 2024. Ojulari had 16.5 sacks in three seasons at LSU, showcasing speed off the edge and the quickness to beat tackles off the snap. At 6-2 and 248 pounds, he doesn't have elite size, but his burst and motor are starter-level traits. play 0:43 BJ Ojulari's NFL draft profile
        Check out the highlights that contributed to BJ Ojulari's career at LSU.
        48. Detroit Lions

Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
        There might not be a player in the 2023 draft class who fits better with coach Dan Campbell than Jack Campbell. And it's not just the last name. A true three-down 'backer, Jack Campbell had 246 tackles, 2.5 sacks and four interceptions in his two years as a starter, and he posted elite numbers at the combine. The Lions' defense could use an anchor with his combination of size, length and burst.
        49. Pittsburgh Steelers

Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin
        After adding Darnell Wright in the first round, the Steelers can continue to improve the offensive line in the second round. A physical center, Tippmann excels in space but also can throw bodies around at the line of scrimmage. Mason Cole is the team's current starter, but Tippmann -- a two-year starter in a pro-style scheme -- could jump right into the lineup.
        50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
        The Buccaneers don't currently have a true starter at running back and could use Gibbs' burst in space and ability as a receiver as the team transitions away from the Tom Brady era. Just 5-9 and 199 pounds, Gibbs doesn't have the size to be a 20-carry-per-game player; but like Tony Pollard with Dallas, Gibbs has the tools to be a threat as a runner and a receiver who will be schemed touches, especially on third down.
        51. Miami Dolphins

O'Cyrus Torrence, G, Florida
        With no first-round pick, the Dolphins' first selection addresses an offensive line in flux. Torrence would help answer some of the questions up front by sliding in as a Day 1 starter at right guard. He is a powerful run-blocker who transferred to Florida from Louisiana. Keeping Tua Tagovailoa upright in the pocket has to be the major focus of the Miami front office.
        52. Seattle Seahawks

Steve Avila, G, TCU
        Avila, who can play guard or center, could join 2022 rookies Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas to give Seattle a young trio on the line to build around at an affordable cost. Most scouts I've spoken to believe Avila will ultimately be better at center, which is where he slots in for the Seahawks (replacing Evan Brown). He is ready to play in the NFL right away.
        53. Chicago Bears (from BAL)

Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
        Defensive tackle is perhaps the biggest area of need for the Bears, but the class is light on starter-level options, and none made sense at No. 9 overall. But at No. 53, Benton could be a rookie starter at 3-technique. He had just nine sacks over four years at Wisconsin, but with power and quickness off the snap, he could be a much more productive interior pass-rusher in the pros once he is allowed to attack gaps and get after the quarterback.
        54. Los Angeles Chargers

Tuli Tuipulotu, DE, USC
        A run on pass-rushers has left that group thin, so jumping on Tuipulotu makes sense. He can line up at tackle, defensive end and outside linebacker. And that versatility combines with great burst off the ball for good value at this pick. For Los Angeles, getting a third pass-rusher and someone who can spell Khalil Mack to keep him fresh throughout the season is a win.
        NFL draft coverage from

Football Outsiders projects top draft prospects at key positions:

55. Detroit Lions (from MIN)

Derick Hall, DE, Auburn
        After checking off needs at cornerback and defensive tackle in Round 1, the Lions come back on the board and get a potential starter opposite Aidan Hutchinson. Hall has excellent, 34.5-inch arm length to keep blockers off his frame, good speed off the snap and the movement skills to play standing up or down in a three-point stance. With Hutchinson, Hall and 2022 sixth-rounder James Houston, the Lions have a three-man pass-rush rotation at defensive end that can be dangerous.
        56. Jacksonville Jaguars

Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
        A backup to superstar Brock Bowers at Georgia, Washington had just 45 catches in three seasons, but it is his potential that has NFL teams excited. At 6-7 and 264 pounds, Washington has unreal size and physical traits, including 4.64 speed. He also is the best run-blocking tight end in the entire class. He has the tools to develop into a legitimate three-down player and a red zone nightmare. With Evan Engram primarily a slot player, Washington can help as an in-line player.
        57. New York Giants

Cody Mauch, G, North Dakota State
        The Giants grab one of the toughest and most versatile offensive linemen in the entire class with Mauch. Considering his 32 3/8-inch arms, some teams believe Mauch is best suited to play on the inside. And he proved he can play either guard or center during Senior Bowl week, which should excite the Giants given the team's need on the interior. The adjustment from the FCS level will take time, though.
        58. Dallas Cowboys

Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
        The Cowboys could look at cornerbacks or offensive linemen here, but Smith falling down the board means this is a true "best player available" pick. He has been praised by area scouts as a talented all-around player who will be better in the pros than in college once he is freed up to rush the quarterback and not play gap-based defense. Smith's power, quick first step and ability to play with low pads stand out when he is crashing the backfield.
        59. Buffalo Bills

Jartavius Martin, CB/S, Illinois
        One of my favorite players in the entire class lands in a perfect situation. The Bills were able to re-sign Jordan Poyer, but the secondary still needs an infusion of talent. Martin had a jaw-dropping 44-inch vertical at the combine, and that burst and long speed show up on tape. But his versatility is most exciting. Martin played slot corner, outside corner, free safety and box safety on a very good Illinois secondary. The Bills can put him in the slot, where he can use his blitzing ability and quick feet in coverage.
        60. Cincinnati Bengals

Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
        The Bengals have thrown assets at the tight end position but haven't found an every-down player yet. Musgrave could change that. Despite coming off a knee injury, the 6-foot-6 senior ran a 4.61 in the 40-yard dash at the combine. He didn't have great production in college (just three touchdowns), but his positional traits and upside are that of a starting NFL tight end. Irv Smith Jr. joined the Bengals, but he is mostly an "F" tight end, so Musgrave could see starting snaps early on.
        61. Chicago Bears (from SF/CAR)

Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
        There has been plenty of speculation that the Bears could draft an offensive tackle in the first round, but Jones is good value in the second. He might even remind GM Ryan Poles of a tackle he helped sign in Kansas City: Orlando Brown Jr. At 6-8 and 374 pounds with 36 3/8-inch arms, Jones is almost impossible to run around. And despite average flexibility and quickness, he was very successful against NFL-caliber pass-rushers at Ohio State. Jones could slot in at right tackle in Week 1.
        62. Philadelphia Eagles

Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame
        Adding depth to the defensive line is the theme of Round 2 for the Eagles. With Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham likely nearing the end of their runs in Philadelphia, the front office has to add more bodies and start finding affordable starters and rotational rushers so crucial to this team. Foskey is coming off back-to-back 11-sack seasons, and at 6-5 and 264 pounds, he has the size the Eagles like at D-end. play 0:45 Isaiah Foskey's NFL draft profile
        Check out the best highlights that contributed to a stellar college career for Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey.
        63. Kansas City Chiefs

Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

A tight end to Kansas City? Travis Kelce will turn 34 this season, and while he has put together seven straight 1,000-yard seasons, the Chiefs have to start thinking long term. LaPorta isn't Kelce. But LaPorta is talented: He dominates option routes and can box out defenders. He'll have to learn as a blocker, but his speed, burst and agility can make him a high-ceiling starter.
        ROUND 3

64. Chicago Bears

Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
        The Bears continue to build up the offensive line, now with a center prospect who can start from Day 1. Wypler has really high upside.
        65. Houston Texans

Jaren Hall, QB, BYU
        The Texans passed on quarterbacks in the first two rounds, but they can take a flier on a developmental prospect who fits Bobby Slowik's scheme. Hall is an older prospect (25) but has good arm strength, mobility and processing speed.
        66. Arizona Cardinals

Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
        The Cardinals have James Conner but need an RB2 with the tools to eventually become a starter. That's Charbonnet, who shows excellent patience and vision. And much like Conner, Charbonnet is a powerful runner with good enough speed to rip off chunk plays.
        67. Denver Broncos (from IND)

Zach Harrison, DE, Ohio State
        Here are the first of two selections for the Broncos, and this one brings some edge help to replace Bradley Chubb. Harrison is a former five-star recruit who turned in 3.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 2022.
        68. Denver Broncos

Chandler Zavala, G, NC State
        A 6-3, 322-pound powerhouse, Zavala gives the Broncos youth on the interior offensive line. He started 12 games at left guard in 2022 and earned first-team All-ACC honors. And he can push veteran Ben Powers for starting snaps.
        69. Los Angeles Rams

Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
        The loss of Andrew Whitworth to retirement was felt in 2022, and the Rams' attempts to find a solid left tackle were not successful. Bergeron is a masterful run-blocker with the quickness and balance in space to execute in the Rams' offensive scheme.
        NFL Mock Draft Simulator

ESPN Sports Analytics has a new Mock Draft Simulator, powered by the NFL Draft Day Predictor. Come play general manager -- make draft picks and trades -- and let the Predictor fill in the rest. 70. Las Vegas Raiders

Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
        Cornerback has long been a weakness for the Raiders, and it's high time the team got it right in the draft. At 6-1 and 180 pounds, Smith shows excellent quickness and a feistiness to his game. He has to learn to be less grabby in coverage, but his six career interceptions (and 19 pass breakups) prove his ball skills.
        71. New Orleans Saints

Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
        The Saints hope to have Michael Thomas opposite Chris Olave in 2023. But even if Thomas is back healthy for the first time since early in the 2020 season, adding a slot receiver who can stretch the field from the inside is a wise Round 3 move. Mims had 123 catches and 20 touchdowns over three seasons at OU.
        72. Tennessee Titans

Byron Young, DE, Tennessee
        There's no denying the Titans need another pass-rusher, and the speedy Young could be a great fit opposite Harold Landry III. The 250-pound Young ran an eye-opening 4.43-second 40-yard dash and jumped 11 feet in the broad -- both among the best ever for a defensive end.
        73. Houston Texans (from CLE)

Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
        The Texans drafted Derek Stingley Jr. and Jalen Pitre last year, but adding a certified menace at slot corner is a must for DeMeco Ryans' scheme. Phillips had six interceptions last season.
        74. Cleveland Browns (from NYJ)

Zacch Pickens, DT, South Carolina
        The Browns' first selection in the draft addresses the interior defensive line. The 6-4, 291-pound Pickens was a star at the Senior Bowl, and he posted 6.5 sacks over the past two years from inside.
        75. Atlanta Falcons

Trey Palmer, WR, Nebraska
        One of the best deep threats in the draft lands in Atlanta, where he can realistically become the No. 2 wide receiver in a hurry. Palmer has 4.33 speed and is an explosive route runner, as evidenced by his nine touchdowns last year. He is the dream fit alongside possession-style wideout Drake London and dynamic tight end Kyle Pitts.
        76. New England Patriots (from CAR)

Jaquelin Roy, DT, LSU
        This would be a classic Bill Belichick pick. Roy is a gap-plugging defensive tackle with pass-rush traits waiting to be unlocked. The Patriots have needs at numerous positions, but Roy has starter potential.
        77. Los Angeles Rams (from NE/MIA)

Daiyan Henley, ILB, Washington State
        The Rams are looking to grab as many starters as possible in this draft, and Henley can be just that. The 6-1, 225-pounder has great chase-and-tackle skills, and he ran a 4.54-second 40 at the combine. Henley was also the most impressive linebacker during Senior Bowl week.
        78. Green Bay Packers

Sydney Brown, S, Illinois
        The Packers land one of my favorite players in the entire draft class. Brown is a versatile safety with closing speed and hitting power but also the coverage skills to lock down tight ends and backs. His Senior Bowl week pushed him way up my draft board -- he is my No. 2 safety -- and he could be a steal for Green Bay. play 0:34 Sydney Brown's NFL draft profile
        Check out the best highlights that contributed to a stellar college career for Illinois' Sydney Brown.
        79. Indianapolis Colts (from WSH)

Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
        Two South Carolina cornerbacks come off the board in Round 3, and Rush has legitimate skills as a man coverage specialist. He is 6-2 with 4.36 speed too. The Colts have yet to find consistent starters at cornerback, and it should be a priority in the top 100.
        80. Pittsburgh Steelers

Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
        Even after the trade to acquire Allen Robinson II from the Rams, the Steelers should be looking at pass-catchers in this draft. Rice was a heavily productive possession receiver in the pass-happy SMU offense, catching 96 passes for 1,355 yards and 10 touchdowns in his breakout 2022 campaign.
        81. Detroit Lions

Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
        After trading T.J. Hockenson last year, there was a debate about the importance of tight ends in the Lions' offense. With a former tight end as the head coach, Detroit could add some help there. Kraft has starter-level traits (hands, awareness) but doesn't have top-tier speed. He is still reliable enough as a pass-catcher and a blocker to factor into the rotation early before eventually taking the starting job.
        82. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

YaYa Diaby, DE, Louisville
        The theme of the 2023 draft for Tampa Bay is to get younger at premium positions after stacking an aging roster to win a Super Bowl. Diaby is a quick pass-rusher with the burst to play in either a stand-up or hand-down situation.
        83. Seattle Seahawks

Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami-FL
        The Seahawks struck gold with Tariq Woolen in Round 5 last year, and they nab another talented, traits-rich cornerback here. The 6-foot, 198-pound Stevenson had the best Senior Bowl week of any cornerback, and he is a physical and menacing press-coverage man.
        84. Miami Dolphins

Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
        Even after re-signing the entire running back room in free agency this year, the Dolphins should look for an upgrade. Achane has the speed to create huge plays in Mike McDaniels' offense, as evidenced by a 4.32-second run in the 40-yard dash. He is undersized at 5-9 and 188 pounds, but he is the draft's best chunk-play threat at running back.
        85. Los Angeles Chargers

Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
        The middle of the Chargers' defense is a yearly need, and it finally gets addressed with a starter-level talent in the early rounds. Ika is 6-3 and 335 pounds and has flashed Vita Vea-like upside.
        86. Baltimore Ravens

Riley Moss, CB, Iowa
        The Ravens' secondary will have a younger look in 2023, and depth is needed at cornerback. Moss had 11 interceptions and 23 pass breakups over five years at Iowa and is NFL-ready.
        On The Clock

On The Clock follows the journey of four top quarterback prospects throughout their final college football season and into the offseason as they prepare for the NFL Draft. Stream now on ESPN+ 87. Minnesota Vikings

Cameron Mitchell, CB, Northwestern
        The Vikings have swung and missed at cornerback in previous draft, but they could take another cut here with a rising talent. Mitchell had nine pass breakups last season, and he can immediately play in the slot for Minnesota.
        88. Jacksonville Jaguars

Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida
        Jacksonville has taken a veteran approach on offense but goes defense-heavy in the draft. Dexter is an ideal nose tackle prospect who can push DaVon Hamilton for reps in training camp and has the power and length to be a two-down run-stuffer.
        89. New York Giants

Nathaniel Dell, WR, Houston
        There might not be a better receiver for the Brian Daboll-Mike Kafka offense than the explosive "Tank" Dell. At just 5-9 and 165 pounds, he is quite undersized, but his start-stop quickness, route running and big-play ability are perfect for a scheme that can get players in space.
        90. Dallas Cowboys

Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
        Could Jerry Jones resist adding a Longhorns running back, even though he missed out on Bijan Robinson in Round 1? Johnson was the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 recruiting class but moved to running back at Texas due to injuries. He stayed there for four seasons, amassing 25 touchdowns while working primarily as a backup to Robinson. The 219-pound power back has the patience, vision and receiving skills of a starter and would be a fine complement to the speedy Tony Pollard.
        91. Buffalo Bills

Nick Saldiveri, G, Old Dominion
        There has been plenty of discussion about the Bills drafting a running back, but the interior offensive line matters even more. Saldiveri played tackle with the Monarchs, but he has the power, quickness and nastiness to play guard in the NFL.
        92. Cincinnati Bengals

Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
        With Joe Mixon's future uncertain in Cincinnati, the Bengals can grab a speedy back with the second gear to take it to the house on outside plays. Spears is a hard-charging runner who gets to full speed in a hurry. Even as a third-rounder, he could get starter reps in the near future.
        93. Carolina Panthers (from SF)

Nick Herbig, ILB, Wisconsin
        As the Panthers continue to add talent for Ejiro Evero's defense, linebacker is a strong need in the middle rounds. Herbig is a 6-2, 240-pounder who has experience as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but multiple scouts think he has better traits to play inside with added pass-rush value on third down. That's perfect for Carolina.
        94. Philadelphia Eagles

Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama
        Lane Johnson is entering his age-33 season, so this pick is for the future and depth right now. Steen played right tackle in 2019 before starting for three years on the left side (he played 2018-21 at Vanderbilt). And he has the quick feet and toughness to be a very good NFL right tackle.
        95. Kansas City Chiefs

Isaiah McGuire, DE, Missouri
        With free agent Charles Omenihu likely to play inside next to Chris Jones, the Chiefs might want to draft a pass-rusher to flank him. McGuire has impressive burst off the ball at 268 pounds and fits the Chiefs' standard for size and length at the position.
        96. Arizona Cardinals*

Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
        With Budda Baker requesting a trade, the Cardinals could very quickly lose the best defender on the roster. Johnson could lighten that loss by playing a similarly versatile role. He had 132 tackles over the past two years.
        97. Washington Commanders*

Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
        The signing of Andrew Wylie gives Washington a solid player at right tackle, but the team has to be looking to the future at left tackle. Duncan is a work in progress who must add power to his game, but he has the agility and length to succeed as a starter in Year 2. play 0:30 Jaelyn Duncan's NFL draft profile
        Check out the best highlights that contributed to a stellar college career for Maryland's Jaelyn Duncan.
        98. Cleveland Browns**

Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
        The addition of Elijah Moore will help the Browns' receiver room, but more speed at the position can't be ignored when there's value on the board. Reed is a home-run hitter (26 TDs over four years) who can create in space with 4.4 speed. His versatility and punt return ability are bonus traits.
        99. San Francisco 49ers**

Ji'Ayir Brown, S, Penn State
        With the team's first pick of the 2023 draft (and first of three at the end of Round 3), the 49ers can look to replace the departed Jimmie Ward by adding a versatile 5-11 safety. Brown collected 10 interceptions in the past two seasons and could play over the slot immediately.
        100. Las Vegas Raiders (from KC/NYG)**

Anthony Bradford, G, LSU
        Bradford is a mauler at 6-4 and 332 pounds, and he would push for rookie snaps at right guard, where his upper-level mobility could really boost the run game.
        101. San Francisco 49ers**

Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh
        Right tackle is a position of need heading into the draft, and Warren has been a hot name among scouts at that spot despite playing primarily on the left side in college. The 6-5, 311-pound redshirt senior started the past four years at Pitt but missed the final eight games of 2022 with an injury. With excellent size and length, Warren has shown the mobility needed to excel in the 49ers' zone run scheme.
        102. San Francisco 49ers**

Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State

Tight end might be a surprise target, but the 49ers did more work on that position than any team I spoke with in this pre-draft process and are clearly thinking about adding a potential future replacement for George Kittle. Strange doesn't wow you with speed but is versatile tight end and has toughness both as a blocker and middle-of-the-field receiver.
        ROUND 4

103. Chicago Bears: Kendre Miller, RB, TCU
        104. Houston Texans: Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan
        105. Arizona Cardinals: Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
        106. Indianapolis Colts: Emil Ekiyor Jr., G, Alabama
        107. New England Patriots (from LAR): Nick Hampton, OLB, Appalachian State
        108. Denver Broncos: Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
        109. Las Vegas Raiders: Davis Allen, TE, Clemson
        110. Atlanta Falcons (from TEN): Colby Wooden, DT, Auburn
        111. Cleveland Browns: Henry To'oTo'o, ILB, Alabama
        112. New York Jets: Marte Mapu, ILB/S, Sacramento State
        113. Atlanta Falcons: Cory Trice, CB, Purdue
        114. Carolina Panthers: Dylan Horton, DE, TCU
        115. New Orleans Saints: Terell Smith, CB, Minnesota
        116. Green Bay Packers: Byron Young, DT, Alabama
        117. New England Patriots: Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
        118. Washington Commanders: Israel Abanikanda, RB, Pittsburgh
        119. Minnesota Vikings (from DET): Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
        120. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dorian Williams, ILB, Tulane
        121. Jacksonville Jaguars (from TB): Andre Carter II, DE, Army
        122. Kansas City Chiefs (from MIA): Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
        123. Seattle Seahawks: Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA
        124. Baltimore Ravens: DeWayne McBride, RB, UAB
        125. Los Angeles Chargers: Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue
        126. Cleveland Browns (from MIN): Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
        127. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dontayvion Wicks, WR, Virginia
        128. New York Giants: Keondre Coburn, DT, Texas
        129. Dallas Cowboys: Jake Moody, K, Michigan
        130. Buffalo Bills: Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
        131. Cincinnati Bengals: Christopher Smith, S, Georgia
        132. Carolina Panthers (from SF): Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
        133. Chicago Bears (from PHI): Kei'Trel Clark, CB, Louisville
        134. Kansas City Chiefs: Karl Brooks, DT, Bowling Green
        135. New England Patriots*: A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

My favorite prospect-team fit in Round 4: Blake Freeland, OT, BYU to the Chiefs at No. 122. Kansas City has a potential need at right tackle, and Freeland -- coming from Andy Reid's alma mater -- has elite movement ability at 6-8 and 302 pounds. He would give Lucas Niang a run for his money as the starting right tackle for the reigning Super Bowl champs.
        ROUND 5

136. Chicago Bears: Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
        137. Buffalo Bills (from ARI): Eric Gray, RB, Tennessee
        138. Indianapolis Colts: K.J. Henry, DE, Clemson
        139. Denver Broncos: Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
        140. Cleveland Browns (from LAR): JL Skinner, S, Boise State
        141. Las Vegas Raiders: Elijah Higgins, WR, Stanford
        142. Cleveland Browns: Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU
        143. New York Jets: Moro Ojomo, DT, Texas
        144. Las Vegas Raiders (from ATL): Dee Winters, ILB, TCU
        145. Carolina Panthers: Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State
        146. New Orleans Saints: Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue
        147. Tennessee Titans: Anthony Johnson, S, Iowa State
        148. Chicago Bears (from NE/BAL): Braeden Daniels, G, Utah
        149. Green Bay Packers: Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland
        150. Washington Commanders: Parker Washington, WR, Penn State
        151. Seattle Seahawks (from PIT): Jerrod Clark, DT, Coastal Carolina
        152. Detroit Lions: Jake Haener, QB, Fresno State
        153. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Hill, S, Pittsburgh
        154. Seattle Seahawks: Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
        155. San Francisco 49ers (from MIA): Lonnie Phelps, DE, Kansas
        156. Los Angeles Chargers: McClendon Curtis, G, Chattanooga
        157. Baltimore Ravens: Mike Morris, DE, Michigan
        158. Minnesota Vikings: Cameron Young, DT, Mississippi State
        159. Detroit Lions (from JAX/ATL): Chase Brown, RB, Illinois
        160. New York Giants: Asim Richards, G, North Carolina
        161. Houston Texans (from DAL): Tyler Lacy, DT, Oklahoma State
        162. Indianapolis Colts (from BUF): DeMarvion Overshown, ILB, Texas
        163. Cincinnati Bengals: Sidy Sow, G, Eastern Michigan
        164. San Francisco 49ers: Owen Pappoe, ILB, Auburn
        165. New Orleans Saints (from PHI): Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinnati
        166. Kansas City Chiefs: Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
        167. Los Angeles Rams*: Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
        168. Arizona Cardinals*: Jarrett Patterson, C, Notre Dame
        169. Dallas Cowboys*: Yasir Abdullah, DE, Louisville
        170. New York Jets (from GB)*: Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
        171. Los Angeles Rams*: Nick Broeker, G, Ole Miss
        172. New York Giants*: Tyrus Wheat, DE, Mississippi State
        173. San Francisco 49ers*: Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton
        174. Las Vegas Raiders*: Evan Hull, RB, Northwestern
        175. Tampa Bay Buccaneers*: Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
        176. Indianapolis Colts (from DAL)*: Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
        177. Los Angeles Rams*: Deuce Vaughn, RB, Kansas State
        My favorite prospect-team fit in Round 5: Chase Brown, RB, Illinois to the Lions at No. 159. Detroit lost Jamaal Williams in free agency, and David Montgomery is a short-term solution. So picking the powerful, patient Brown in Round 5 gives the Lions another reliable back behind Montgomery and D'Andre Swift -- two players who have dealt with injury questions in their careers.
        ROUND 6

178. Kansas City Chiefs (from CHI/MIA): Darrell Luter Jr., CB, South Alabama
        179. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from HOU): Rejzohn Wright, CB, Oregon State
        180. Arizona Cardinals: Desjuan Johnson, DT, Toledo
        181. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from IND): Payne Durham, TE, Purdue
        182. Los Angeles Rams: Starling Thomas V, CB, UAB
        183. Detroit Lions (from DEN): Demario Douglas, WR, Liberty
        184. New England Patriots (from LV): Thomas Incoom, DE, Central Michigan
        185. Jacksonville Jaguars (from NYJ): Ivan Pace Jr., ILB, Cincinnati
        186. Tennessee Titans (from ATL): Noah Sewell, ILB, Oregon
        187. New England Patriots (from CAR): Daniel Scott, S, California
        188. Houston Texans (from NO): Jordan McFadden, G, Clemson
        189. Los Angeles Rams (from TEN): Scott Matlock, DT, Boise State
        190. Cleveland Browns: Jon Gaines II, G, UCLA
        191. Los Angeles Rams (from GB): Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinnati
        192. New England Patriots: SirVocea Dennis, ILB, Pittsburgh
        193. Washington Commanders: Will Mallory, TE, Miami-FL
        194. Detroit Lions: Joey Fisher, OT, Shepherd
        195. Denver Broncos (from PIT): Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia
        196. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ventrell Miller, ILB, Florida
        197. Miami Dolphins: DJ Johnson, DE, Oregon
        198. Seattle Seahawks: Warren McClendon, OT, Georgia
        199. Baltimore Ravens: Andrew Vorhees, G, USC
        200. Los Angeles Chargers: Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
        201. Houston Texans (from MIN): Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
        202. Jacksonville Jaguars: Keaton Mitchell, RB, East Carolina
        203. Houston Texans (from NYG): Alex Forsyth, C, Oregon
        204. Las Vegas Raiders (from DAL): Juice Scruggs, C, Penn State
        205. Buffalo Bills: Tavius Robinson, DE, Ole Miss
        206. Cincinnati Bengals: Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan
        207. Green Bay Packers (from SF/HOU/NYJ): Mekhi Blackmon, CB, USC
        208. Jacksonville Jaguars (from PHI): Jason Taylor II, S, Oklahoma State
        209. New York Giants (from KC): Ronnie Hickman, S, Ohio State
        210. New England Patriots*: David Durden, WR, West Florida
        211. Minnesota Vikings*: Viliami Fehoko, DE, San Jose State
        212. Dallas Cowboys*: Earl Bostick Jr., OT, Kansas
        213. Arizona Cardinals*: Justin Shorter, WR, Florida
        214. Las Vegas Raiders*: Arquon Bush, CB, Cincinnati
        215. Washington Commanders*: Jay Ward, CB, LSU
        216. San Francisco 49ers*: Hunter Luepke, FB, North Dakota State
        217. Kansas City Chiefs*: Jake Witt, OT, Northern Michigan

My favorite prospect-team fit in Round 6: Hunter Luepke, FB, North Dakota State to the 49ers at No. 216. As one of the few teams in the NFL that routinely uses a fullback, the 49ers can get the draft's best at the position. Luepke is a runner, receiver and lead blocker, and he is very similar to what the 49ers have in Kyle Juszczyk -- who is 33 years old this season.
        ROUND 7

218. Kansas City Chiefs (from CHI/MIA): DeMarcco Hellams, S, Alabama
        219. Philadelphia Eagles (from HOU/MIN): Ronnie Bell, WR, Michigan
        220. Las Vegas Raiders (from ARI): Brandon Joseph, S, Notre Dame
        221. Indianapolis Colts: Habakkuk Baldonado, DE, Pitt
        222. San Francisco 49ers (from DEN): Puka Nacua, WR, BYU
        223. Los Angeles Rams: Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
        224. Atlanta Falcons (from LV): Brodric Martin, DT, Western Kentucky
        225. Atlanta Falcons: Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia
        226. Jacksonville Jaguars (from CAR): Cam Jones, OLB, Indiana
        227. New Orleans Saints: Chris Rodriguez Jr., RB, Kentucky
        228. Tennessee Titans: Dontay Demus Jr., WR, Maryland
        229. Cleveland Browns: Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma
        230. Houston Texans (from NYJ/TB): John Ojukwu, OT, Boise State
        231. Las Vegas Raiders (from NE): Atonio Mafi, G, UCLA
        232. Green Bay Packers: Derius Davis, WR, TCU
        233. Washington Commanders: Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia
        234. Los Angeles Rams (from PIT): Julian Hill, TE, Campbell
        235. Green Bay Packers (from DET/LAR): DJ Dale, DT, Alabama
        236. Indianapolis Colts (from TB): Richard Gouraige, OT, Florida
        237. Seattle Seahawks: Travis Dye, RB, USC
        238. Miami Dolphins: Chamarri Conner, CB, Virginia Tech
        239. Los Angeles Chargers: Anfernee Orji, ILB, Vanderbilt
        240. New York Giants (from BAL): Nesta Jade Silvera, DT, Arizona State
        241. Pittsburgh Steelers (from MIN/DEN): Jose Ramirez, OLB, Eastern Michigan
        242. Green Bay Packers (from JAX): Xazavian Valladay, RB, Arizona State
        243. New York Giants: Deneric Prince, RB, Tulsa
        244. Dallas Cowboys: Rakim Jarrett, WR, Maryland
        245. New England Patriots (from BUF/ATL): MJ Anderson, DE, Iowa State
        246. Cincinnati Bengals: Cory Durden, DT, NC State
        247. San Francisco 49ers: Isaiah Bolden, CB, Jackson State
        248. Philadelphia Eagles: Robert Beal Jr., DE, Georgia
        249. Kansas City Chiefs: Ronnie Brown, RB, Shepherd
        250. Kansas City Chiefs*: Carrington Valentine, CB, Kentucky
        251. Pittsburgh Steelers (from LAR)*: Grant DuBose, WR, Charlotte
        252. Tampa Bay Buccaneers*: Clayton Tune, QB, Houston
        253. San Francisco 49ers*: Alan Ali, C, TCU
        254. New York Giants*: Keenan Isaac, CB, Alabama State
        255. San Francisco 49ers*: Trevon Flowers, S, Tennessee
        256. Green Bay Packers*: Quindell Johnson, S, Memphis
        257. New Orleans Saints*: Ryan Miller, TE, Furman
        258. Chicago Bears*: Xavier Gipson, WR, Stephen F. Austin
        259. Houston Texans*: Jacob Slade, DT, Michigan State
        My favorite prospect-team fit in Round 7: Xazavian Valladay, RB, Arizona State to the Packers at No. 242. Green Bay is transitioning on offense and must hit on Day 3 picks to fill the depth chart. Aaron Jones is turning 29, and his contract has no more guaranteed money after the 2024 season. Adding Valladay, a true speedster who scored 16 rushing touchdowns in 2022, is a great final-round value.​

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Not a bad draft for us.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I see players all through this draft that I’d like to take. This should be TT’s best draft ever. The players are there and we can draft BPA instead of need.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Jayden Reed looks stout for his size. He also seems to high point balls very well.

Here's what I read from a highlight film comments:

* Reed is great at 50/50 balls to.May be the best.

* Young Man Plays Like He's 6'6".

* Every MSU fan knows Reed is the truth. MSU had a bad year is what dropped his stock. He's still good as he's ever been. Killed the senior bowl.
              That's what I like most about him. Very competitive and has the body control to make some ridiculous catches.
              The other thing I like about him is his versatility. Good route runner and can produce @all three levels. Kick and punt returner.
              I don't know if I'd take him in the 3rd... I don't know if he makes the 4th round.
              I like a lot of the WR's in this draft.

Subscribe, Like this Video & Turn On Notifications!(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justbombsproductions/Twitter: https://twitter....

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I see players all through this draft that I’d like to take. This should be TT’s best draft ever. The players are there and we can draft BPA instead of need.
                Yeah, zero reason to reach for anything, just let the draft fall to you and grab much needed quality depth…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

Round 1 Mock:

1 CAR QB B.Young
                  2 HOU EDGE W.Anderson Jr.
                  3 ARI EDGE T.Wilson
                  4 IND QB C.Stroud
                  5 SEA DL J.Carter
                  6 DET CB D.Witherspoon
                  7 LV QB A.Richardson
                  8 ATL RB B.Robinson
                  9 CHI EDGE N.Smith
                  10 PHI OT P.Johnson
                  11 TEN OT P.Skoronski
                  12 HOU QB W.Levis
                  13 GB WR J.Smith-Njigba
                  14 NE EDGE L.Van Ness
                  15 NYJ OT B.Jones
                  16 WAS CB C.Gonzalez
                  17 PIT CB J.Porter Jr.
                  18 DET DL C.Kancey
                  19 TB OT D.Wright
                  20 SEA EDGE M.Murphy
                  21 LAC WR J.Hyatt
                  22 BAL CB D.Banks
                  23 MIN WR J.Addison
                  24 JAC S B.Branch
                  25 NYG WR Q.Johnston
                  26 DAL TE M.Mayer
                  27 BUF IOL O.Torrence
                  28 CIN TE D.Kincaid
                  29 NO DL B.Bresee
                  30 PHI RB J.Gibbs
                  31 KC WR Z.Flowers

LAC 7 Round Mock:

​21. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee
                  54. Derick Hall EDGE Auburn
                  85. Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
                  125. Kyu Blu Kelly CB Stanford
                  156. Alex Forsyth IOL Oregon
                  200. Brandon Joseph S Notre Dame
                  239. Nesta Jade Silvera DL Arizona State​

21. Between Addison, Johnston, Flowers, and Hyatt... give me speed. I'll take the guy that took over Bama. Hyatt has that dog in him.
                  54. LAC needs EDGE depth BAD. Take it now. Hall projects as a stand-up OLB who is strong against the run.
                  156. C Alex Forsyth with the Oregon connection would provide OL depth and be the possible heir-apparent to Corey Linsley.
                  200. I think it's a rule that you need to mock one Golden Domer to the Chargers, so mine is Free Safety Brandon Joseph.
                  239. Silvera is a space eater and run stuffer who is ready to plug and play as an early down rotational guy now.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                    Round 1 Mock:

1 CAR QB B.Young
                    2 HOU EDGE W.Anderson Jr.
                    3 ARI EDGE T.Wilson
                    4 IND QB C.Stroud
                    5 SEA DL J.Carter
                    6 DET CB D.Witherspoon
                    7 LV QB A.Richardson
                    8 ATL RB B.Robinson
                    9 CHI EDGE N.Smith
                    10 PHI OT P.Johnson
                    11 TEN OT P.Skoronski
                    12 HOU QB W.Levis
                    13 GB WR J.Smith-Njigba
                    14 NE EDGE L.Van Ness
                    15 NYJ OT B.Jones
                    16 WAS CB C.Gonzalez
                    17 PIT CB J.Porter Jr.
                    18 DET DL C.Kancey
                    19 TB OT D.Wright
                    20 SEA EDGE M.Murphy
                    21 LAC WR J.Hyatt
                    22 BAL CB D.Banks
                    23 MIN WR J.Addison
                    24 JAC S B.Branch
                    25 NYG WR Q.Johnston
                    26 DAL TE M.Mayer
                    27 BUF IOL O.Torrence
                    28 CIN TE D.Kincaid
                    29 NO DL B.Bresee
                    30 PHI RB J.Gibbs
                    31 KC WR Z.Flowers

LAC 7 Round Mock:

​21. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee
                    54. Derick Hall EDGE Auburn
                    85. Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
                    125. Kyu Blu Kelly CB Stanford
                    156. Alex Forsyth IOL Oregon
                    200. Brandon Joseph S Notre Dame
                    239. Nesta Jade Silvera DL Arizona State​

21. Between Addison, Johnston, Flowers, and Hyatt... give me speed. I'll take the guy that took over Bama. Hyatt has that dog in him.
                    54. LAC needs EDGE depth BAD. Take it now. Hall projects as a stand-up OLB who is strong against the run.
                    156. C Alex Forsyth with the Oregon connection would provide OL depth and be the possible heir-apparent to Corey Linsley.
                    200. I think it's a rule that you need to mock one Golden Domer to the Chargers, so mine is Free Safety Brandon Joseph.
                    239. Silvera is a space eater and run stuffer who is ready to plug and play as an early down rotational guy now.
                    Personally, cant get behind Hyatt with who else is left, but...nice work, solid reasoning throughout.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

We haven't drafted a golden domer since Gilman..

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        We haven't drafted a golden domer since Gilman..
                        Thats a nice sig mock...prefer speed in a receiver pick, but gotta admit...Mingo is a beast...I wouldnt pan that pick.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats a nice sig mock...prefer speed in a receiver pick, but gotta admit...Mingo is a beast...I wouldnt pan that pick.
                          Mingo ran a 4.46, he isn't slow....and he is 220 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                          X