• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Since TT has decided to bring back Pipkins, my mocks have changed a bit.

1st: The CB class is very good. Even with Kincaid on the board, I see 6 or 7 CB's I think will have a bigger impact (Porter Jr, Gonzalez, Branch, Witherspoon, Banks, Ringo, Phillips). Most pundits like Cam Smith over Clark Phillips... I can't fathom why...
    2nd: I've started mocking RB Zach Charbonnet here. With Eke unhappy and Kelley becoming a free agent at season's end, it makes sense to get a guy who could become Kellen Moore's bellcow. Charbonnet's 7.0 ypc and 14 TD's can't be overlooked. Runs hard and gets lots of yards-after-contact.
    3rd: LB DeMarvion Overshown could/should take over for K9 as the off-ball LB once K9's contract is up. Good in coverage and can time blitzes. He weighed in at 229 lbs at the combine and has room to pack more muscle on his 6-3 frame. Converted safety.
    4th: We need another pass rusher. It's a pretty deep class. Often I draft Isaiah McGuire here.
    5th: This is where I get my TE. Josh Whylie is often the guy I get.
    6th: This is where I get my IOL. There are many that can play OC/OG. McFadden, Curtis, Stromberg, Forsythe, Gaines...
    7th: I know this seems late for WR. But I think we're deeper than most feel we are @WR. There is almost no way we experience the injuries we had here last year. KA, MW, and Palmer are a very good squad. We need speed, depth, and PR/KR ability. Derius Davis and Tre Tucker fit that role without having to spend high-round draft capital. Not sure whether Guyton is brought back... and would like to see if John Hightower has progressed... I liked him coming out of college... he has speed and return abilities.
    Also like WR Demario Douglas in the end rounds.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Also like WR Demario Douglas in the end rounds.
      Yes. Forgot to mention him.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Emmanuel Forbes * been my fave CB since day one, albeit undersized and not my first choice in terms of necessity
        Mazi Smith * apparently the Chargers have Kancey and Breese ahead of him here in round two (foolish news bite)
        Josh Downs * would prolly make the WR contingent happy, and.... not a good football decision in my book
        Antonio Johnson * once upon a time got some love here, and.... prolly don't need more draft capital @this position
        Luke Musgrave * lunky TE that was purportedly faster than he is
        Jack Campbell * deserves major consideration if on board, as we need a true MLB to bring some law & order to our D
        Steve Avila * not my guy, but prolly makes some sense here, 'specially if he can spell Linsley at all
        Isaiah Foskey * gets a mention due to being a Golden Domer, but not convinced he is good value here
        Clark Phillips III * not gonna doubt Nutty's chops, and.... just not a CB guy in lieu of linemen or front 7
        John Michael Schmitz * need pick that doesn't seem like a Charger in any way, shape or form
        Zach Charbonnet * get the need aspect here, but somehow seems strangely redundant w/Kelley
        Tuli Tuipulotu * dude has the numbers/production, question is how will he turn out as a pro
        Cody Mauch * just not feelin' this guy whatsoever, and not convinced he is all that
        Siaki Ika * his Combine news clippings would have you believe he is better as a round three gambit
        Keeanu Benton * our D could def use a competent NT, just not sure he is the one
        Julius Brents * has the measurables, but really think he is more of a day three/round six kinda guy
        Matthew Bergeron * run blocker that prolly doesn't fit into our plans atm
        Devon Achane * LT's guy @RB, and that would prolly make a whole lotta peoples forget about Ek before too long
        Joe Tippmann * know he'd be a back up, but he's my guy round 2, as think the OC is our greatest vulnerability @present
        Andre Carter II * not sure if he's worth a mention, as Dawand Jones cost him alotta monies
        Noah Sewell * got no problems grabbing this guy most anywhere in the draft, and.... smart money prolly waits 'til round four
        Zach Evans * hellah RB that might have some work to do between the ears

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Mock of the day. Edge is always a priority to me. Heavier on O than I wanted, but the players I like were there. A BIG boy in the middle of the D works too.

C822084D-2E2C-4331-87C1-1205A7B81720.jpg
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Mock of the day. Edge is always a priority to me. Heavier on O than I wanted, but the players I like were there. A BIG boy in the middle of the D works too.

C822084D-2E2C-4331-87C1-1205A7B81720.jpg
            Ideal draft for the 3 first

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

mock.png

The Bijan drops to us pound the rock mock. Resign VanNoy, Guyton, & Carter

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Ideal draft for the 3 first
                Secret to the draft - don’t blow the first three picks.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Screenshot_20230318-131847_Firefox.jpg

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Very nice.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

• 21.Bijan Robinson
                        RB Texas
                      • 54.Luke Musgrave
                        TE Oregon State
                      • 85.Trey Palmer
                        WR Nebraska
                      • 125 Keeanu Benton
                        DT Wisconsin
                      • 156.K.J. Henry
                        EDGE Clemson
                      • 200.Ja'von Hicks
                        S Cincinnati
                      • 239.Mark Evans II
                        OG Arkansas Pine-Bluff
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        CJ Stroud * don't think he ends up No. 1 overall, and rather lands w/Steichen somehow
                        Bryce Young * still in Houston
                        Jalen Carter * way too much risk, even if he lands in our laps
                        Anthony Richardson * ala Cam Newton, ends up No. 1 overall
                        Will Levis * a Raider ??
                        Paris Johnson * good friends w/Bears QB Fields
                        Bijan * the balm to most all our perceived running woes, and.... think he goes to the Motor City @18
                        JSN * he had big numbers against CB3s, when opposing Ds had to account for Olave and Garrett Wilson before Njigba.... pass
                        Quentin Johnston * MW 2.0 ....no need to dupe that, 'specially this early
                        Lukas Van Ness * taking a guy that didn't start for his college team is too risky round one
                        Broderick Jones * biggest risk of big three, as think Skoronski and PJ are better/safer gambits
                        Jordan Addison * don't get all the love for this guy, as way too risky @this juncture
                        Nolan Smith * too early for an ED3, not to mention that this isn't my idea of an edge player for us
                        Michael Mayer * big boy is a whole whopping three pounds more than Kincaid.... he's a Clydesdale, no thank you
                        Brian Breese * actually would have no problem w/this guy as a Charger, but like Verrett, prolly not a wise gambit if I'm the GM
                        Calijah Kancey * amazing that even tho Aaron Donald had amazing college production he still didn't come off the board 'til 13
                        Kincaid * this is the guy.... by far the most Herbert compatible guy in the draft, and perhaps a blessing 'bout his back
                        Zay Flowers * level of competition is huge ? along w/durability.... better off as day two value in the slot
                        O'Cyrus * this guy makes all the sense in the world, as do think Salyer makes an excellent sixth OL
                        Jalin Hyatt * 'nother guy who will def bring something to the table, but better off as day two value, as not who you build your team around
                        Jahmyr * do like the guy, and tempting, and.... the usual RB that falls between our picks and doesn't slot well to us
                        Darnell Washington * took the Combine cheese on this guy, and.... has a bit too much McKitty to his game
                        Darnell Wright * serviceable, but glad we have Pips for now, as not where I woulda gone round one
                        Dawand Jones * might be wrong, and still suspect that Salyer is the better RT than Pips, and so.... not in the market for another one
                        Drew Sanders * 'nother guy who makes sense as a Charger, but again.... not my first choice
                        Will McDonald * way overinflated by national punditry
                        Keion White * will be interested to see how he does.... enticing once upon a time
                        Hendon Hooker * needless to say would be an odd pick, but want to give him a mention as think he's a round one talent
                        You seem to leave out Brian Branch S/ slot cb Alabama. This is who I believe is the the guy they are hoping for at 21.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

What mock site is that? Always looking for another place to play.

Comment

Working...
                          X