• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
    Yeah I can see that. For sure. Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t try to get into the top 10.
    That would be too costly

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Since TT has decided to bring back Pipkins, my mocks have changed a bit.

1st: The CB class is very good. Even with Kincaid on the board, I see 6 or 7 CB's I think will have a bigger impact (Porter Jr, Gonzalez, Branch, Witherspoon, Banks, Ringo, Phillips). Most pundits like Cam Smith over Clark Phillips... I can't fathom why...
      2nd: I've started mocking RB Zach Charbonnet here. With Eke unhappy and Kelley becoming a free agent at season's end, it makes sense to get a guy who could become Kellen Moore's bellcow. Charbonnet's 7.0 ypc and 14 TD's can't be overlooked. Runs hard and gets lots of yards-after-contact.
      3rd: LB DeMarvion Overshown could/should take over for K9 as the off-ball LB once K9's contract is up. Good in coverage and can time blitzes. He weighed in at 229 lbs at the combine and has room to pack more muscle on his 6-3 frame. Converted safety.
      4th: We need another pass rusher. It's a pretty deep class. Often I draft Isaiah McGuire here.
      5th: This is where I get my TE. Josh Whylie is often the guy I get.
      6th: This is where I get my IOL. There are many that can play OC/OG. McFadden, Curtis, Stromberg, Forsythe, Gaines...
      7th: I know this seems late for WR. But I think we're deeper than most feel we are @WR. There is almost no way we experience the injuries we had here last year. KA, MW, and Palmer are a very good squad. We need speed, depth, and PR/KR ability. Derius Davis and Tre Tucker fit that role without having to spend high-round draft capital. Not sure whether Guyton is brought back... and would like to see if John Hightower has progressed... I liked him coming out of college... he has speed and return abilities.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

1st: The CB class is very good. Even with Kincaid on the board, I see 6 or 7 CB's I think will have a bigger impact (Porter Jr, Gonzalez, Branch, Witherspoon, Banks, Ringo, Phillips). Most pundits like Cam Smith over Clark Phillips... I can't fathom why...
        2nd: I've started mocking RB Zach Charbonnet here. With Eke unhappy and Kelley becoming a free agent at season's end, it makes sense to get a guy who could become Kellen Moore's bellcow. Charbonnet's 7.0 ypc and 14 TD's can't be overlooked. Runs hard and gets lots of yards-after-contact.
        3rd: LB DeMarvion Overshown could/should take over for K9 as the off-ball LB once K9's contract is up. Good in coverage and can time blitzes. He weighed in at 229 lbs at the combine and has room to pack more muscle on his 6-3 frame. Converted safety.
        4th: We need another pass rusher. It's a pretty deep class. Often I draft Isaiah McGuire here.
        6th: This is where I get my IOL. There are many that can play OC/OG. McFadden, Curtis, Stromberg, Forsythe, Gaines...
        7th: I know this seems late for WR. But I think we're deeper than most feel we are @WR. There is almost no way we experience the injuries we had here last year. KA, MW, and Palmer are a very good squad. We need speed, depth, and PR/KR ability. Derius Davis and Tre Tucker fit that role without having to spend high-round draft capital. Not sure whether Guyton is brought back... and would like to see if John Hightower has progressed... I liked him coming out of college... he has speed and return abilities.
        Actually with Guyton not tendered and not sure they will offer him a contract like they did Parham, WR is even a bigger need. We have Doss and Hightower on our depth chart. Just awful. In fact right now i think we draft 2 WRs.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be too costly
          IMO, there will be NO trading up in the 1st round for the Chargers. There's reason to trust that a worthy candidate will be there for the taking at #21.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Actually with Guyton not tendered and not sure they will offer him a contract like they did Parham, WR is even a bigger need. We have Doss and Hightower on our depth chart. Just awful. In fact right now i think we draft 2 WRs.
            Two WRs, a RB and a TE. Can’t ignore the O and expect to win those one score games.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Charbonet is a strong inside runner, and not slow. Also not fast. I’d really love Bijan and would give up some capital to get him, he’s gonna be special, not just good. Charbonet is a great piece in a 2back platoon to address the power deficit but I am thinking he’s Rd3 vs Rd2. but I don’t know how other teams rank him?

Detroit will be looking for a RB, there second Rd1 pick is late teens and I doubt they would pass on Bijan if he’s there. They won’t take him with their first pick, i think its top 5. I see zero chance Bijan gets to 21. What I don’t / nobody knows is how high would TT have to jump up to get him.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'm glad they didn't tender Guyton. Coming off of the injury, he'll get signed for cheaper... maybe after the draft.
                I like the fact they re-signed Parham. They don't have to be desperate @TE during the draft now. Gives then a redzone target.

I don't think they're desperate @WR either. Just need depth, speed, and a returner. Attainable in the later rounds.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Charbonet is a strong inside runner, and not slow. Also not fast. I’d really love Bijan and would give up some capital to get him, he’s gonna be special, not just good. Charbonet is a great piece in a 2back platoon to address the power deficit but I am thinking he’s Rd3 vs Rd2. but I don’t know how other teams rank him?

Detroit will be looking for a RB, there second Rd1 pick is late teens and I doubt they would pass on Bijan if he’s there. They won’t take him with their first pick, i think its top 5. I see zero chance Bijan gets to 21. What I don’t / nobody knows is how high would TT have to jump up to get him.
                  The Lions just signed Montgomery for 24 mil and Swift is still on their roster

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I agree; Bijan won't be available @#21. I don't think Charbonnet will be available in Round 3. He's the perfect guy to relieve the load from Ekeler.
                    Charbonnet just looks like one of the BPA in the 2nd round.
                    No trade-ups, please. We need depth at many positions. The Herbert extension is priority #1 next off-season. To do that, they will need to shed some players' contracts. Draft picks the next 2 drafts will be needed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

The Lions just signed Montgomery for 24 mil and Swift is still on their roster
                      Ahh, thx for the latest news - I didnt see that signing. one thing I really appreciate from TPB is how TPB keeps up with changes across the league for those of us busy and distracted.

No need to spend hours to google every news blurb on NFL when we have you guys. Thank you good sir.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

think we could repeat history and trade up before the teens and get him.... our second or a next year's first would get us into 12/13 range.... (not in favor of.... just sayin')
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

CJ Stroud * don't think he ends up No. 1 overall, and rather lands w/Steichen somehow
                          Bryce Young * still in Houston
                          Jalen Carter * way too much risk, even if he lands in our laps
                          Anthony Richardson * ala Cam Newton, ends up No. 1 overall
                          Will Levis * a Raider ??
                          Paris Johnson * good friends w/Bears QB Fields
                          Bijan * the balm to most all our perceived running woes, and.... think he goes to the Motor City @18
                          JSN * he had big numbers against CB3s, when opposing Ds had to account for Olave and Garrett Wilson before Njigba.... pass
                          Quentin Johnston * MW 2.0 ....no need to dupe that, 'specially this early
                          Lukas Van Ness * taking a guy that didn't start for his college team is too risky round one
                          Broderick Jones * biggest risk of big three, as think Skoronski and PJ are better/safer gambits
                          Jordan Addison * don't get all the love for this guy, as way too risky @this juncture
                          Nolan Smith * too early for an ED3, not to mention that this isn't my idea of an edge player for us
                          Michael Mayer * big boy is a whole whopping three pounds more than Kincaid.... he's a Clydesdale, no thank you
                          Brian Breese * actually would have no problem w/this guy as a Charger, but like Verrett, prolly not a wise gambit if I'm the GM
                          Calijah Kancey * amazing that even tho Aaron Donald had amazing college production he still didn't come off the board 'til 13
                          Kincaid * this is the guy.... by far the most Herbert compatible guy in the draft, and perhaps a blessing 'bout his back
                          Zay Flowers * level of competition is huge ? along w/durability.... better off as day two value in the slot
                          O'Cyrus * this guy makes all the sense in the world, as do think Salyer makes an excellent sixth OL
                          Jalin Hyatt * 'nother guy who will def bring something to the table, but better off as day two value, as not who you build your team around
                          Jahmyr * do like the guy, and tempting, and.... the usual RB that falls between our picks and doesn't slot well to us
                          Darnell Washington * took the Combine cheese on this guy, and.... has a bit too much McKitty to his game
                          Darnell Wright * serviceable, but glad we have Pips for now, as not where I woulda gone round one
                          Dawand Jones * might be wrong, and still suspect that Salyer is the better RT than Pips, and so.... not in the market for another one
                          Drew Sanders * 'nother guy who makes sense as a Charger, but again.... not my first choice
                          Will McDonald * way overinflated by national punditry
                          Keion White * will be interested to see how he does.... enticing once upon a time
                          Hendon Hooker * needless to say would be an odd pick, but want to give him a mention as think he's a round one talent
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X