• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    Question to those who are big fans of O'Cyrus.

Where would you play him?!?

I have NO problem with him as a player, but if Zion and Salyer are your guards and you acquire O'Cyrus, then it's pretty clear that Salyer is seen as a backup.

And he might be an excellent G/T first-off-the-bench guy.

You figure that's what's going on?!? That's the conclusion *I'd* draw if they take him.
    O'Cyrus is my option B if Kincaid is off the board, and is a bit of a reach by some accounts, if we were to select him @21.

on the other hand and by my account, dude has the proper demeanor and intangibles that eye am looking for on the Oline.... he can impose his will and is yet to allow a sack in college.... IDL are 0/3000 against Torrence, in getting to the passer, in other words, they haven't (ever) gotten there, and.... his floor is high, but he's still got a ceiling as he can get even better (wait 'til Duke gets his hands on him).... he ain't done yet.

slow to pull @times, he is prolly best suited for a run heavy offense, albeit can readily drop anchor against the bull rush, as there has never been a bull in his China shop.... he also does not draw the whistle/plays penalty free football.

he is the antithesis of a Chargers lineman, as technicians, albeit he is assignment sound w/football smarts and a quick processor.... he can stack blocks and is one of only a few likely Pro Bowlers from this class.

he's a run blocker and RG, who would allow for Zion to slide (back) over to the left side.... according to some, he's better than Kenyon Green, but personally wouldn't take him ahead of Dalton, albeit would trade Bosa for the chance to draft him.

if we drafted O'Cyrus, would let Jamaree play @the OC in preseason, and have Salyer be our sixth Oline, and willing and able to back up every position on the line​
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

if we went O'Cyrus @21, could be looking back 2 back IOL if Joe Tippmann has any appeal round two.... he could go later than that, but plenty of peoples have him off the board before we pick @54.

Tippmann is a solid starter, consistent/reliable, comes w/good measurables and good core strength.... has a high football IQ, plays thru the whistle, and comes w/assignment flexibility.... has good spatial awareness and w/the speed to fend off LBs in pursuit.... a knee bender that has allowed one sack in two years.

the cautionary tale is that like most linemen coming out, plays w/his pads too high sometimes, and is susceptible to getting flags thrown against him.

for myself, the biggest question is, how vulnerable are we w/Corey and his health, as think Tippmann is the best get this go 'round, and.... do think there are near a handful of legit OCs coming out for the next go 'round after this offseason.... ??

one in the hand, better than two in the bush.... ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

gonna do my get down on Siaki Ika, coz just not sure where he slots best.... ??

per usual, eye like his intangibles, albeit there is some question re: there are some indicators to suggest that he doesn't have a water tight mindset.

overall there are perhaps an uncomfortable amount of questions around his eval.... needs to be kept fresh as he's a rotational player that gets winded, a seemingly pedestrian athlete based on Combine showing, or lack thereof.... a gas guzzler that loses horsepower if overused.... motor doesn't always run hot/rev so high so often, and will not garner any resemblance to Charlie hustle.... misses tackles @times, and not a threat to contain free lancing QBs escaping from pocket.... dude is Island style and w/a player compare of Danny Shelton, an NFL NT journeyman.... dude requires monitoring on (snap counts) and off (weigh ins) the field.... might pull a Fluker, and be in better football shape come his second contract, and for another team.... LSU scheme did him no favors and might be scheme specific, as well as positional value of NT is fleeting.... the speculation is related to him (ever) being in NFL shape and of a professional temperament ??

needless to say there is enough static on his line to drop him to 54, albeit doubt that he'll be there later on day two.... gets pressures/hurries due to hand use in pass rush, can wreck havoc in offensive backfield, true bull in China shop if he breaks free, plays w/some snap, crackle, pop to his game, doesn't waste time in getting out of his stance, and no matter run or pass, is patient in run fits, and sheds blocks.... speaking for myself, the most enticing element to his game, is that he's gotta get into QBs heads, as the lbs differential is a bit overwhelming, if not death defying for most QBs.

he doesn't give up much real estate when tasked w/double team, as he's a clogger w/low pad level, and a one on one mismatch.... takes on the double team as a 1T, but can be used as a penetrating 3T as well.... productive space eater w/pass rush upside.... bottom line is that he is a team friendly addition that allows for edge players and LBs to eat/feast, as his true value is in the overall D, and the (marked) improvement of the such.... personally see him as worthy of a first round selection, as NTs just aren't available so oft, and again personally would select him anywhere on the Chargers board.

that said, prolly best to bite the bullet and see if he lasts 'til 54, round two/day two.... if Tippmann is there.... tough call by my take, as there might be a better center next offseason than Tippmann, but then again it might be a year too late if we wait on the OC and Linsley's hedge/replacement.... love me some Apu/Ika, and gots no problems taking him anywhere in the draft, and.... some peoples have him as late as day three, and so.... if I'm emotionally uninvested, prolly bite the bullet (some more/a bit longer) and wait 'n see if he's still there round three/day two....

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Mock of the day. Now that’s what I’m talking about.

C2851848-7432-4D28-9CCD-EB65BA700C82.jpg
          Not sure what you are doing to the settings available at PFF, but to get 7 guys ranked in the top 84 is pretty unrealistic. To get the 34th rated prospect in the 7th round? Very unrealistic.....it's a nice haul but I never see that happening come draft day(s). But this shit is a lot of fun to play with.......

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            if we went O'Cyrus @21, could be looking back 2 back IOL if Joe Tippmann has any appeal round two.... he could go later than that, but plenty of peoples have him off the board before we pick @54.

Tippmann is a solid starter, consistent/reliable, comes w/good measurables and good core strength.... has a high football IQ, plays thru the whistle, and comes w/assignment flexibility.... has good spatial awareness and w/the speed to fend off LBs in pursuit.... a knee bender that has allowed one sack in two years.

the cautionary tale is that like most linemen coming out, plays w/his pads too high sometimes, and is susceptible to getting flags thrown against him.

for myself, the biggest question is, how vulnerable are we w/Corey and his health, as think Tippmann is the best get this go 'round, and.... do think there are near a handful of legit OCs coming out for the next go 'round after this offseason.... ??

one in the hand, better than two in the bush.... ??
            I'd say there is zero chance we go OL round 1 with resigning Pip,.... let alone round 1 and 2. Depth is the only thing needed.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

I’d try to get Jackson as an UDFA. Not a whole lot of stats at all, but has elite athleticism to bring in and work with. I know speed doesn’t always translate, but for him to work with Keenan and MW for at least 1 year together could help his development tremendously.

WR Shedrick Jackson

Height: 6-1

Weight: 193

40-yard dash: 4.29

20-yard shuttle: 4.25

Vertical jump: 38” 1/2

Broad jump: 11’2”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

O'Cyrus is my option B if Kincaid is off the board, and is a bit of a reach by some accounts, if we were to select him @21.

on the other hand and by my account, dude has the proper demeanor and intangibles that eye am looking for on the Oline.... he can impose his will and is yet to allow a sack in college.... IDL are 0/3000 against Torrence, in getting to the passer, in other words, they haven't (ever) gotten there, and.... his floor is high, but he's still got a ceiling as he can get even better (wait 'til Duke gets his hands on him).... he ain't done yet.

slow to pull @times, he is prolly best suited for a run heavy offense, albeit can readily drop anchor against the bull rush, as there has never been a bull in his China shop.... he also does not draw the whistle/plays penalty free football.

he is the antithesis of a Chargers lineman, as technicians, albeit he is assignment sound w/football smarts and a quick processor.... he can stack blocks and is one of only a few likely Pro Bowlers from this class.

he's a run blocker and RG, who would allow for Zion to slide (back) over to the left side.... according to some, he's better than Kenyon Green, but personally wouldn't take him ahead of Dalton, albeit would trade Bosa for the chance to draft him.

if we drafted O'Cyrus, would let Jamaree play @the OC in preseason, and have Salyer be our sixth Oline, and willing and able to back up every position on the line​
                0 sacks in pass pro but slow to pull would mean he is NOT best suited for a run heavy offense? NFL guards need to be able to pull for a pro rush attack. I can’t think of any team that doesnt pull OGs in rush schemes, but welcome any correction.

I am very good with Salyer at OG, personally. We have many other top needs for #21.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

0 sacks in pass pro but slow to pull would mean he is NOT best suited for a run heavy offense? NFL guards need to be able to pull for a pro rush attack. I can’t think of any team that doesnt pull OGs in rush schemes, but welcome any correction.

I am very good with Salyer at OG, personally. We have many other top needs for #21.
                  Guessing we lead the league in how little we pull, at least under Lombardi.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Not sure what you are doing to the settings available at PFF, but to get 7 guys ranked in the top 84 is pretty unrealistic. To get the 34th rated prospect in the 7th round? Very unrealistic.....it's a nice haul but I never see that happening come draft day(s). But this shit is a lot of fun to play with.......
                    3 first rounders, 3 second rounders and a third rounder is unrealistic?
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      7 A+
                      What's your trick ?
                      Adjust the settings.

6C9D1F5F-4045-435A-B3C0-1C17979D3E8B.jpg
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Also, a pull is there so you can see previously drafted players.

CB0C41C0-6A9E-40D8-A2DC-7A4684CCABD9.jpg
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Guessing we lead the league in how little we pull, at least under Lombardi.
                          They pulled under Lombo’s scheme. I’d go so far as the multi-piece OL movements in his design were too complicated for them to consistently execute even.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X