• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Siaki is very powerful, and big, but doesn't move easily.
    He might be an effective run stuffer, but talk about a 1 trick pony.
    Low 2nd rounder at best, more like a mid 3rd
    I read somewhere that he had an atrocious combine too, not Orlando brown bad but not good…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

To me it won’t matter if the best highest rated WR in this class is available at 21, I’m not sure the chargers will draft a WR until the 4-5 rounds…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        We really get tied into workouts but if you look at production all season Jordan Addison was the best receiver in College football.

Caleb Williams was the best Quarterback and if he’s playing with Herbert who I think is better than Williams he’s going to do the same thing production wise. Our Quarterback is so good.

Addison balled with Kenny Pickett to who Herbert is way better than.

I’ve watched alot of pac 12 football. I’ve watched alot of USC football. I’m a USC guy. Most of his touchdowns were deep throws. Explosive plays you guys like. Watch Addison against Stanford and UCLA. Dude just takes the cover off the top.

when he didn’t play the offense changed dramatically. I like him his route running is precise. He’s not Tyreke Hill but there’s no Tyreke Hill in this draft. But if you want what he does Addison gives you that.

I remember Justin Jefferson was at LSU and just tore teams up but execs fans were like look Burrows throwing to him. Anybody is gonna catch those balls. My argument was like who’s the guy catching all those burrow touch downs? It was Jefferson. I see that with Addison. Jefferson didn’t have a great 40 time and so called scouts called him a slot receiver in the NFL.

I see Addison as a top receiver.

everybody is talking about Jaxon Ohio state receiver. So that’s another one now.

people slacking on Addison. We can get him to.
        I think he's a for us as well because the NFL QB throwing to him will have to be accurate due to Addison's size limitations and apparently he has short arms.
        I trust him to get open against NFL DBs but it's a small catch radius making it especially risky for most QBs.

Watch out for KC at 32.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

If we’re looking for speed WRs in the mid rounds, what can you guys tell me about Matt Landers? Is he just workout warrior? I never saw him play in college…he’s 6’4” 200 pounds and ran the third fastest 40 for a WR at the combine in 4.37 seconds…his vert was 37” and his broad was just 2 inches shy of 11 feet at 200 pounds…

I think he’s projected as a fifth round pick…I liked the way he looked in drills too, he’s massive and to me he looked fluid for his size…

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

We really get tied into workouts but if you look at production all season Jordan Addison was the best receiver in College football.

Caleb Williams was the best Quarterback and if he’s playing with Herbert who I think is better than Williams he’s going to do the same thing production wise. Our Quarterback is so good.

Addison balled with Kenny Pickett to who Herbert is way better than.

I’ve watched alot of pac 12 football. I’ve watched alot of USC football. I’m a USC guy. Most of his touchdowns were deep throws. Explosive plays you guys like. Watch Addison against Stanford and UCLA. Dude just takes the cover off the top.

when he didn’t play the offense changed dramatically. I like him his route running is precise. He’s not Tyreke Hill but there’s no Tyreke Hill in this draft. But if you want what he does Addison gives you that.

I remember Justin Jefferson was at LSU and just tore teams up but execs fans were like look Burrows throwing to him. Anybody is gonna catch those balls. My argument was like who’s the guy catching all those burrow touch downs? It was Jefferson. I see that with Addison. Jefferson didn’t have a great 40 time and so called scouts called him a slot receiver in the NFL.

I see Addison as a top receiver.

everybody is talking about Jaxon Ohio state receiver. So that’s another one now.

people slacking on Addison. We can get him to.
            Addison had 59 receptions for 875 yards. Hardly the best college football reciever production.
            He had a much bigger season at Pitt with Pinkett at QB.
            Addison missed games 2 of 3 college seasons.
            For some reason he just don't float my boat. Rather have Flowers..
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-22-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Addison had 59 receptions for 875 yards. Hardly the best college football reciever production.
              He had a much bigger season at Pitt with Pinkett at QB.
              Addison missed games 2 of 3 college seasons.
              For some reason he just don't float my boat. Rather have Flowers..
              Not a flowers guy. Definitely a Addison guy. I will tell you. He was hurt in a few games this season after injuring his knee against Utah.

what impressed me instead of opting out after getting hurt he came back to finish the games against Notre Dame and UCLA and Utah. And he opted out of the Cotton Bowl which was meaningless.

but did show up big in big games.

won the belitnicof

watch the tape Notre Dame big game both of our potential picks Mayer and Addison played big.

I just like that he showed up big in big games.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Not a flowers guy. Definitely a Addison guy. I will tell you. He was hurt in a few games this season after injuring his knee against Utah.

what impressed me instead of opting out after getting hurt he came back to finish the games against Notre Dame and UCLA and Utah. And he opted out of the Cotton Bowl which was meaningless.

but did show up big in big games.

won the belitnicof

watch the tape Notre Dame big game both of our potential picks Mayer and Addison played big.

I just like that he showed up big in big games.
                Small receiver that gets hurt a lot … where have i seen that movie before? No thanks - we want sub-4.4.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Small receiver that gets hurt a lot … where have i seen that movie before? No thanks - we want sub-4.4.
                  Okay but look at the tape. The dude does produce .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Okay but look at the tape. The dude does produce .
                    I’ve looked at tape, he’s a good receiver. 4.5 speed is a lot more formidable in college than it is in the NFL. He’ll be a good receiver, he’s just not the guy to take the top off the defense that we are missing. We already have really good receivers that run 4.5. In fact, all of our receivers are good receivers that run 4.5,

We need a burner who can also take kick return duties.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ve looked at tape, he’s a good receiver. 4.5 speed is a lot more formidable in college than it is in the NFL. He’ll be a good receiver, he’s just not the guy to take the top off the defense that we are missing. We already have really good receivers that run 4.5. In fact, all of our receivers are good receivers that run 4.5,

We need a burner who can also take kick return duties.
                      Palmer and Williams ran in the lower 4.5s. Keenan was in the 4.7's. But to your point, getting someone with more speed could help - if if translated onto the field. Guyton ran a 4.39 but was extremely limited as a WR.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Palmer and Williams ran in the lower 4.5s. Keenan was in the 4.7's. But to your point, getting someone with more speed could help - if if translated onto the field. Guyton ran a 4.39 but was extremely limited as a WR.
                        exactly. Keenan was coming off knee injury, i don’t think he’s really a 4.7 but he’s also not a sub-4.4. I thought the hole that every WR-aficionado on TPB was trying to solve was lack of a blazing fast / quick twitch slot vertical threat tear-the-top-off speedster that would loosen up everything underneath for our possession receiver group?

Not add yet another highly effective crisp route running possession receiving contributor - which describes every current receiver we have? Guyton’s limitation i would guess may be revealed in his back-20 time (shit, what did they name that stat?).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Boltbeat recap of recent LAC Rd1 Mockers

Jeremiah and Kelly. Zay Flowers
                          Prisco: Siaki - BB pans this as worst mock pick ever
                          Kiper: Kincaid

Flowers and Kincaid would add a new dimension to the current offensive weapons. Ok with both. I don’t agree with the Flower Doubters.

Comment

Working...
                          X