• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I only chose Mack and Allen because they give you the most space ($46+ million).
    I love Keenan... so if MW was the cut (instead of Allen) I'd sign on for that.

Over The Cap currently has us @$30 million OVER the cap for 2024... Of course, that's only 40 players on the active roster.
    Cutting MW and Mack (Bosa only saves us $14.4 mil) saves us $43.25 million.

With those moves, we'd be $13.25 million under the cap... with 38 on the active roster.
    I don't see how we re-sign Vato, Austin Johnson, Gerald Everett, and Austin Ekeler.

Cutting JCJ saves $4.4 million
    Cutting SJD saves $7.5 million
    Cutting Corey Linsley saves $8.9 million
    Cutting Eric Kendricks saves $6.5 million

I'm not promoting any of those cuts... I like SJD and Linsley a lot and think they have value in the trenches.
    would think/hope that Mack would restructure.... ?? as def think Bosa is much too risky health wise to hang on to.

and don't think I'd cut any of the last four, as given that don't necessarily see their replacements in the draft.

and not resigning the either of AJ nor Ek, but would do my best to bring back Vato 'n Everett, as again, not sure am too in love w/any of the TEs in next year's stanza ??

would do my best to move some of the others mentioned previously (MW, Ek, Bosa, DJ, JCJ) in trade, and for the if and when feasible.

the one guy who is prolly difficult to move is Trey, and.... mostly because decent Olinemen are at a premium, and again, not sure if there is a clear cut solution on the horizon @RT ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

would think/hope that Mack would restructure.... ?? as def think Bosa is much too risky health wise to hang on to.

and don't think I'd cut any of the last four, as given that don't necessarily see their replacements in the draft.

and not resigning the either of AJ nor Ek, but would do my best to bring back Vato 'n Everett, as again, not sure am too in love w/any of the TEs in next year's stanza ??

would do my best to move some of the others mentioned previously (MW, Ek, Bosa, DJ, JCJ) in trade, and for the if and when feasible.

the one guy who is prolly difficult to move is Trey, and.... mostly because decent Olinemen are at a premium, and again, not sure if there is a clear cut solution on the horizon @RT ??
      They wont move Derwin. I think we need to move to a 4-3 and simplify his role.
      If they do trade Bosa i hope they can get something good for him doing so. How he does this season will be an indicator. Not sure they can move JC but if Staley is fired, then i expect we will go with a 4-3 with a new DC and he again my fit better.

We'll see, some changes definitely coming.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Where is Jared Verse? He is not even close to as disruptive as most thought he would be this season. Could be another JJ2 and fall to the back of round 1.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

I think as it pertains to the Chargers.....with a likely new DC/Scheme etc...im probably trying to build up front first. Sure CB is likely. JCJ could get cut and we eat that dead hit. Fine by me. He and Mack likely gone. CB could be the top need...but i just assume we start building the interior DL and work out way back.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            I think as it pertains to the Chargers.....with a likely new DC/Scheme etc...im probably trying to build up front first. Sure CB is likely. JCJ could get cut and we eat that dead hit. Fine by me. He and Mack likely gone. CB could be the top need...but i just assume we start building the interior DL and work out way back.
            I'd look at IDL with or without Staley. He did pretty well with Aaron Donald.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'd look at IDL with or without Staley. He did pretty well with Aaron Donald.
              He was gifted Donald. But i just dont think he is with the team. But i agree with or without him....it should be done. Question is will it? Its been sort of need imo. Can TT/Staley even get the pick right?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

NCAA thread: could be a rude awakening for Deion and CU today

Comment

• colorado
                  Fan since '62
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Desert Rat
                  • Nothing but time on my hands
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Oregon is spanking them badly

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

The Ducks have a tall and fast WR with good hands - Troy Franklin. He looks like a good prospect.
                    I also want to see more of their Center. He does make blocks in the second level but I'd want to see him look good against the better teams they'll be playing soon.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      good call J - Yeah it was. cold ice bath shower poured on that prime sizzle, with a fizzle.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Rocket Sanders still out. That sucks i want to watch him run. Is Marvin H2 out? I dont even see him on the field.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

You got Harrison 1v1....he already has shown how good he is going up for 50/50 contested...and the QB tries to thread a needle to a double covered Stover? Harrison shaking his head and rightfully so. He is still going to be a top 5 pick...but this QB is not looking his way enough.

Hartman looks like a goofball the way he wears his uniform. lol Just go with green leggins braddah.

Comment

Working...
                          X