• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Saw a savvy depth chart, currently we’re missing:

WR1, starter and backup (QJ is slot, which I agree with)
    RG, backup
    RT, backup
    Slot CB, starter
    CB, backup
    NT, starter

That’s seven, and we have nine picks.

I would argue the OL backups could be guys who should be starters if at all possible (has Salyer and Pipkins as starters…man, I almost wanna flip those two).

To note: no FB on our roster right now.

Too many needs for the higher picks we have, gonna be fascinating to see how JH2 handles this.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

RG, backup
      RT, backup
      Slot CB, starter
      CB, backup
      NT, starter

I would argue the OL backups could be guys who should be starters if at all possible (has Salyer and Pipkins as starters…man, I almost wanna flip those two).

Too many needs for the higher picks we have, gonna be fascinating to see how JH2 handles this.
      RB and LB are missing

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

I am still trying to find the best pulling Guard that fits in round 3 or 4 to help implement our power run scheme.
        Three jump out at me.
        Nothing perfect, but hey,
        this is round 3 or 4.
        We are sitting with #105 & #110.

--Kiran Amegadjie Yale.
        --Brandon Coleman TCU.
        --Dominick Puni Kansas.

Of course Beebe and Mahogany might be a little rich with our compound needs to invest in earlier.
        Subject to TPB debate.

Not what you are asking, but McCormack the Jackrabbit and CJones the Longhorn greatly interest me in that portion of the draft.

Hortiz is gonna want to hit a walk off Grand Slam with that #110 pick, if he's wired the way I think he is.

His noteworthy quotes were...
        --I would get run out of town if we didn't keep Keenan." (early)
        --"I knew who I was trading." (post trade)
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

RB and LB are missing
          That’s cuz we have starters and backups at those positions (not that they couldn’t be upgraded..).

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Respected but not as hard to find
            In my experience... everybody wants to play guitar and sing.
            In high school and college, everybody wanted to poach The Nutty Drummer.
            Even now... I do a lot of moonlighting. We're harder to find than one might think.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

If we make the trade with Minnesota, I hope Latu is there. I understand the recent interest in Edgerrin Cooper, but Latu looks like he has a good chance to be a 10-15 sack a season player.

Latu is considered a technician by NFL draft analysts, one of the most polished pass rushers in this year's draft. At 6-foot-5 and 259 pounds, Latu ran a 4.64-second 40-yard time and posted a 32-inch vertical jump at the NFL Scouting Combine last month — good numbers for a guy his size.

FOX Sports NFL Draft analyst Rob Rang ranks Latu as the No. 16 prospect on his Big Board and the top edge rusher in the class.

"Latu comes with a pro-ready assortment of polished pass-rush moves, as well as prototypical size, strength and flexibility," Rang said. "Some have concerns about a previous neck injury, but the tape and production [23.5 sacks in 25 games at UCLA] is undeniable."

Latu said there is a method to the madness of his pass-rush moves.

"It's hard to predict what I'm doing," he said. "It's not like I'm working a lot of moves, but I have them in my bag. I look at pass rush as being comfortable in uncomfortable situations. And really, those moves will come out of me.

"It's just like a reactionary thing. So I'm running, I'm staying on my track, staying on my angle. I'm knowing if [the offensive lineman is] a high puncher, a low puncher, knowing if he's vertical center or lateral center."

In his first mock draft, Rang had Latu going No. 27 to the Arizona Cardinals, due to all the offensive players being picked high and potentially due to lingering questions concerning the neck injury. If Latu does last that long, some team could get a very productive player in the second half of the first round.

​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

RG, backup
                RT, backup
                Slot CB, starter
                CB, backup
                NT, starter

I think he will still be looking at talent and not just depth chart. Too many holes to try to fill in one draft. Get the best players this year in the draft. Fill in with veterans post draft.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

RG, NEED STARTER (and backup)
                  RT, backup
                  Slot CB, starter
                  CB, backup
                  NT, starter

There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                    If we make the trade with Minnesota, I hope Latu is there. I understand the recent interest in Edgerrin Cooper, but Latu looks like he has a good chance to be a 10-15 sack a season player.

Latu is considered a technician by NFL draft analysts, one of the most polished pass rushers in this year's draft. At 6-foot-5 and 259 pounds, Latu ran a 4.64-second 40-yard time and posted a 32-inch vertical jump at the NFL Scouting Combine last month — good numbers for a guy his size.

FOX Sports NFL Draft analyst Rob Rang ranks Latu as the No. 16 prospect on his Big Board and the top edge rusher in the class.

"Latu comes with a pro-ready assortment of polished pass-rush moves, as well as prototypical size, strength and flexibility," Rang said. "Some have concerns about a previous neck injury, but the tape and production [23.5 sacks in 25 games at UCLA] is undeniable."

Latu said there is a method to the madness of his pass-rush moves.

"It's hard to predict what I'm doing," he said. "It's not like I'm working a lot of moves, but I have them in my bag. I look at pass rush as being comfortable in uncomfortable situations. And really, those moves will come out of me.

"It's just like a reactionary thing. So I'm running, I'm staying on my track, staying on my angle. I'm knowing if [the offensive lineman is] a high puncher, a low puncher, knowing if he's vertical center or lateral center."

In his first mock draft, Rang had Latu going No. 27 to the Arizona Cardinals, due to all the offensive players being picked high and potentially due to lingering questions concerning the neck injury. If Latu does last that long, some team could get a very productive player in the second half of the first round.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...round-prospect
                    My main concern with Latu is that serious neck injury that was so bad he was "medically retired" at one point. You hate to invest a first round pick in someone that might have an uncertain future. If he's there in round 2, I might take a flyer on him, but not round 1...

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

In my experience... everybody wants to play guitar and sing.
                      In high school and college, everybody wanted to poach The Nutty Drummer.
                      Even now... I do a lot of moonlighting. We're harder to find than one might think.
                      beautiful.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Etienne with a DUI a month before the draft, not good.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Etienne with a DUI a month before the draft, not good.
                          DUI and reckless driving...that mistake will cost him...

Comment

Working...
                          X