• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Exactly... We need Kool Aid... We don't need another pass rusher, at least a first rounder. If we feel like we need to replace Mack AND Bosa then get one in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Yes, this ^^^^

CB in the 1st and a pass rusher in the second round.
    If I could trade Bosa for 3rd rounder, I'd do it. With the 3rd rounder, I'd draft another edge... or BPA.
    They would make a nice rotation with Tuli.
    Trade Mack for a 4th rounder and pick a slot CB to compete with Ja'Sir.

The edge rushers are old/injured. Get what you can via trade and get young at EDGE. Build depth at CB and get a sure-fire starter opposite ASJ.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

This is kind of the way I feel about TE's in the 1st round. Of all these guys, Hockenson might be the only one worthy of his draft spot. Even then, his impact on the Lions wasn't what they thought. Lions ended up trading him to the Vikings in 2022. In fact, a lot of the 1st round TE's have been traded away before a 2nd contract.
      ​
      Patriots effect. Everyone was trying to copy Brady and that Pats offense. But also the way offenses were structured then was really perfect for the all around TE prospect. 12 personell was all the rage because of Brady. Not many of these guys were running every route on the WR tree and clocking at sub 4.4. Just a crap shoot of everyone thinking they can copy the Pats with that next big TE. I get that some of the best were drafted later....but this is not your typical TE. He does what Pitt did....without the lack of football IQ. This guy is on the top team in the country and that offense starts with him. He is no compliment. He is the main guy there and teams know that. And still struggle with him. Most of the guys on that list were not requiring what it takes to stop Bowers and still be unsuccessful at it.

I get the logic you are throwing down for sure. But Bowers is just way more special from an chess piece pov than those guys outside of Pitts. And most of these guys were likely drafted to terrible QB situations. But i would have to vet that. I dont remember who they were without looking

Herbert and Bowers are meant for each other. Herbert is so structured in the way he plays. He requires guys to run the routes right. To be in the right place. To be smart long before the snap. Football IQ and awareness.

The one thing that makes Keenan special is that he sees the same open space that Herbert does...and always ends up where Herbert would expect him to be. A total security for a guy like Justin. I really think Bowers is similar to Keenan and even Gates. And despite being smaller....is a really solid blocker. He is one of the reasons why top WR talent goes elsewhere. That offense is running through Bowers in Gerogia. Like KCs offense runs through Kelce.

I consider him a pass catcher. A big WR. I was hot for CMC because of his routes. Not just his run game. Bowers is just it to me. The work ethic. The smarts. The freakish skillset. And you can never go wrong using a 1st on a guy that needs 2 players to cover him. He eats LB and Safeties alive. CBs need to be huge.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Found a new simulator. NFLDraftBuzz.com
        Traded Bosa for a 2nd( it let me) to Niners
        Traded MW for a 3rd to Seahawks.
        No punters or kickers are in this simulator.

Screenshot_20231122-175511.png Screenshot_20231122-175555.png
        Attached Files

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

did a little bit of a background check on a coupla few guys that have been wondering what their true slotting might be, and....

2) OC Sedrick Van Pran * dude's a starter and don't think we can take the chance that he lasts any longer than here, and.... that's if he's here to begin with.
          3) NT T'Vondre Sweat * really like this guy, but if I'm being objective, think you wait and see if he's there round three for you.
          4) LB Cedric Gray * have seen him up and down the board some, and.... again, think you wait 'til round four and cross your fingers that he's still there.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

taking a closer look @Cooper Beebe & Donovan Jackson.... think both those guys are later third round gambits ??

similar to Van Pran, think they both can be coached up, and.... could be really good, and.... still got some holes to their game which elicits enough concern to hold off on them 'til the end of day two, and.... for the if and when we might be able to draft one of 'em, think that would require moving Derwin in trade for a third, as personally am going RB & NT before another OG, albeit not sold that the either of Jamaree nor McFadden are solid starters @guard ??

and so, not against adding another guard to the Oline, and perhaps letting Salyer replace Sarell on the depth chart ??

ps. if I had to choose, guessin' that Beebe holds a slight edge over Jackson.... ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

personally am down to two RBs atm, and for my taste/liking.... Daijun Edwards is solidly on my round three radar.

like Raheim Sanders some, and he'll prolly be off the board, but would prolly wait 'til day three, and maybe into round five before I look to add him to my haul/training camp roster ??

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I found this site a couple weeks ago and struggled with the mock format a little. But i love the player profile positional rankings format. Not the rankings themselves...just the way to display their content. Added the site to our navbar draft section.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Exactly... We need Kool Aid... We don't need another pass rusher, at least a first rounder. If we feel like we need to replace Mack AND Bosa then get one in the 2nd or 3rd.
                  I don't know enough about Kool-Aid to offer an opinion. How is he closer to Patrick Surtain than he is to Dee Milliner? In case you don't know or remember, Dee Milliner was a highly-touted cornerback out of Alabama who was drafted ninth overall by the Jets. He was a total bust.

My concern with Alabama defensive backs is they oftentimes look better through Nick Saban's coaching than they actually are. Milliner, Mark Barron, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, and Dre Kirkpatrick were disappointments on some level after going in the first round, with Milliner and Barron being the worst. Of course you also have Surtain, Trevon Diggs, Marlon Humphrey, Kareem Jackson, and Minkah Fitzpatrick, all of whom are or were very good-to-great players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I found this site a couple weeks ago and struggled with the mock format a little. But i love the player profile positional rankings format. Not the rankings themselves...just the way to display their content. Added the site to our navbar draft section.
                    It takes some getting used to. It seems to still have some bugs but you have to play with it to figure it out as well.

The rankings aren't as bad as some others I've seen but it is still early in the draft process.

That site has 40 times and other times. Not sure where they got them from or if they are accurate. Id guess not accurate but agree, it is nicely displayed.

Some sites I tried to look at today have no info at all.

The huddle report has nothing on their value board. NFLDraftcountdown sux now. He never updates or has profiles till nearly draft day lol.

I was in the Nav bar draft section and some of those sim links don't work and why I searched for some possible others. .

I guess the draft machine simulator isn't working anymore? And they also don't have any position rankings on their site (draft network). Maybe they want people to pay now? Idk.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                      Let's do this!
                      • Aug 2022
                      • Raleigh N. Carolina
                      • Send PM

Isn't MW a straight up free agent next year?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Isn't MW a straight up free agent next year?
                        No

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

It takes some getting used to. It seems to still have some bugs but you have to play with it to figure it out as well.

The rankings aren't as bad as some others I've seen but it is still early in the draft process.

That site has 40 times and other times. Not sure where they got them from or if they are accurate. Id guess not accurate but agree, it is nicely displayed.

Some sites I tried to look at today have no info at all.

The huddle report has nothing on their value board. NFLDraftcountdown sux now. He never updates or has profiles till nearly draft day lol.

I was in the Nav bar draft section and some of those sim links don't work and why I searched for some possible others. .

I guess the draft machine simulator isn't working anymore? And they also don't have any position rankings on their site (draft network). Maybe they want people to pay now? Idk.
                          Yeah looks like one of the sims/sites went down. Removing now. If you guys ever find sites you want added to our healthy draft bookmarks list post them here. Ill add them.

Comment

Working...
                          X