• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    did a little bit of a background check on a coupla few guys that have been wondering what their true slotting might be, and....

2) OC Sedrick Van Pran * dude's a starter and don't think we can take the chance that he lasts any longer than here, and.... that's if he's here to begin with.
    3) NT T'Vondre Sweat * really like this guy, but if I'm being objective, think you wait and see if he's there round three for you.
    4) LB Cedric Gray * have seen him up and down the board some, and.... again, think you wait 'til round four and cross your fingers that he's still there.
    I don’t think he’ll get past middle of R2. The “consensus” smart analysts keeps saying IDL are over-valued while the actually smart teams that win in the trenches keep swooping in and “overdrafting” the top NT prospects “early” and building dominant interior defense that win the LOS every game.

“But NTs aren’t 3 down players” … I say SO WHAT. Down 1 and 2 decide the series 75% of the time, 3rd and 9 vs 3rd and 1 is humongous. Being unable to run in the interior gaps is enormous. Consuming 2 to 3 blockers every down as their only alternative to crushing the interior line is gargantuan. I need more words for really big

Pick your position - a starting OC or a dominant NT. I’ll pick dominant NT 10 out of 10 times over an OC.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think he’ll get past middle of R2. The “consensus” smart analysts keeps saying IDL are over-valued while the actually smart teams that win in the trenches keep swooping in and “overdrafting” the top NT prospects “early” and building dominant interior defense that win the LOS every game.

“But NTs aren’t 3 down players” … I say SO WHAT. Down 1 and 2 decide the series 75% of the time, 3rd and 9 vs 3rd and 1 is humongous. Being unable to run in the interior gaps is enormous. Consuming 2 to 3 blockers every down as their only alternative to crushing the interior line is gargantuan. I need more words for really big

Pick your position - a starting OC or a dominant NT. I’ll pick dominant NT 10 out of 10 times over an OC.
      Not in a Staley defensive world where we give 10 yard buffers to opposing teams. LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Jer'Zahn Newton sits a top my early Round One clusta.

I would consider unusual ways to gain cap relief.

Slater (ex Northwestern) to the Bears for pick(s). This is the deepest Offensive Tackle draft ever. Oh do I love Slater, but 5 years of a rookie contract OLT is something we might consider for prime years Herbert and need for cap relief.

Hey, PFF gave me an A+ for doing this. Fashanu @ #5 for Slater, #14, #71.

Can still draft a DB @ #44 and RB, TE late. Haircuts for numerous, retained Charger players would be next.

It is indeed, way, way too early. LOL. And never too late to qualify for the '23 tournament, too.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          did a little bit of a background check on a coupla few guys that have been wondering what their true slotting might be, and....

2) OC Sedrick Van Pran * dude's a starter and don't think we can take the chance that he lasts any longer than here, and.... that's if he's here to begin with.
          3) NT T'Vondre Sweat * really like this guy, but if I'm being objective, think you wait and see if he's there round three for you.
          4) LB Cedric Gray * have seen him up and down the board some, and.... again, think you wait 'til round four and cross your fingers that he's still there.
          Sweat is over 360 lbs. Those guys worry me when they start getting paid.

I have my mind set that we will sign a vet OC if Linsley has to retire. Just a feeling i get. IF not then certainly thats a good spot for him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

NTs. Tito. Okoye.
            We need inside push on passing downs.
            Check the traits on Newton.
            He is also a Base DE.
            That is needed over yet another Fatty.
            SJD has a very expensive '24 contract.
            Krissakes.
            Get your butts over to Over the Cap, Spotrac and Ourlads.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Jer'Zahn Newton sits a top my early Round One clusta.

I would consider unusual ways to gain cap relief.

Slater (ex Northwestern) to the Bears for pick(s). This is the deepest Offensive Tackle draft ever. Oh do I love Slater, but 5 years of a rookie contract OLT is something we might consider for prime years Herbert and need for cap relief.

Hey, PFF gave me an A+ for doing this. Fashanu @ #5 for Slater, #14, #71.

Can still draft a DB @ #44 and RB, TE late. Haircuts for numerous, retained Charger players would be next.

It is indeed, way, way too early. LOL. And never too late to qualify for the '23 tournament, too.
              Wouldn't be mad if we drafted Newton in the 1st I'm also liking RT Taliese Fuaga!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Wouldn't be mad if we drafted Newton in the 1st I'm also liking RT Taliese Fuaga!
                Jer'Zahn is the closest thing in this draft to Aaron Donald.

Foot quickness...elite.
                Ankle flexion...elite.
                Hip looseness...elite.
                There is some stoutness and slipperiness.
                Here's the big one.
                He finds the football soon after the snap.
                I would love our population up front, with this dude.
                That would activate our EDGE guys and give the pedestrian DB crew a chance to defend the forward pass.

And...I have never seen so many offensive tackles in my life.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

No one is Aaron Donald... but Aaron Donald.
                  Let's not get too tricky. CB is needed. Get the best one you can in the 1st round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    No one is Aaron Donald... but Aaron Donald.
                    Let's not get too tricky. CB is needed. Get the best one you can in the 1st round.
                    Self quote: "...is the closest thing in this draft to Aaron Donald."

This guy is similar in style, not talent level.

Jer'Zahn will be slotted for us.

The question is what sort of player will reinvigorate our defense ?

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Self quote: "...is the closest thing in this draft to Aaron Donald."

This guy is similar in style, not talent level.

Jer'Zahn will be slotted for us.

The question is what sort of player will reinvigorate our defense ?
                      How is Brock Bowers doing?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

How is Brock Bowers doing?
                        He keeps getting injured.
                        Truly elite.
                        I would trade up for him or Marvin Harrison, Jr.
                        MHJ is the highest graded WR many scouts have yet seen.
                        IDK.
                        Maybe they were not around for Megatron.
                        But the NFL is about potent offenses.
                        McCarthy having himself replace Kellen Moore was quite a power move.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Can I cast my ballot for the Mayor of Lawrence...?

Devin Neal Highlights vs Illinois 2023 | Kansas FootballScouting Tomorrow's Dynasty Players Today Follow me on Twitter: @DevyDeepDiveDevy To Dynasty Dashboar...

Comment

Working...
                          X